• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone play WOW?

Asmodaius

I do. I am a roleplayer and play on RP realms such as <The Sha'tar> and <Moonglade>. World of Warcraft has alot to offer when it comes to RP, such as many various races (12 to be exact), various and beautiful scenery, cool gear and weapons (though mostly at higher levels) and such.

Though the graphics are rather outdated compared to other MMORPG's and have a cartoony style, you tend to forget about that when playing the game. At least that's what I do. ^^

aka958

Don't trust people
Asmodaius;295245 said:
I do. I am a roleplayer and play on RP realms such as <The Sha'tar> and <Moonglade>. World of Warcraft has alot to offer when it comes to RP, such as many various races (12 to be exact), various and beautiful scenery, cool gear and weapons (though mostly at higher levels) and such.

Though the graphics are rather outdated compared to other MMORPG's and have a cartoony style, you tend to forget about that when playing the game. At least that's what I do. ^^

Yeah, it has many races, it has beautiful scenery, and it has creative and good looking weapon design.

Graphics aren't everything though, it may look dull doesn't mean it will be dull. Or... for some. I played WoW, my mother and sister plays WoW. I quit playing because I think it outright sucks.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
if any of you have thought about playing it or thought about making a new charater my server is Sageras

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I do, but I had to give up my subscription for a while. 'Austerity', and all that. >:[

Asmodaius

aka958;295254 said:
Yeah, it has many races, it has beautiful scenery, and it has creative and good looking weapon design.

Graphics aren't everything though, it may look dull doesn't mean it will be dull. Or... for some. I played WoW, my mother and sister plays WoW. I quit playing because I think it outright sucks.

Well, that's the thing... Many of the newer MMO's looks dull to me, because they have that "realistic touch". Wow really looks like a beautiful fantasy world! Realism isn't always better.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Im only played trial so Im not longer aviable in WOW world for now. Im only aviable in FF XIV world where Im creating another character in Baron server.

aka958

Don't trust people
Asmodaius;295294 said:
Well, that's the thing... Many of the newer MMO's looks dull to me, because they have that "realistic touch". Wow really looks like a beautiful fantasy world! Realism isn't always better.

Yeah. But then comes the dry feeling of walking around the areas, feeling that your character is nothing but sprites, that the battles is going slow and tiresome, that the never-ending flow of just spamming quests who is about the same is starting to get dull. That end game is just raiding the same places 100x times, doing the same heroic instances over and over again every damn day, spamming daily quests to get cash, doing PVP with the dull combat. Sure the sights are astonishing but the feeling of being somewhere in the game always feel the same to me, I could just as well walk on grey formed mass, it wouldn't make much difference to me.

But yeah, rant over. I just dislike MMO's in general with an extra hate on WoW. I'll let this thread go back on topic now.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think with MMOs like WoW, people just end up hitting this wall where they ask themselves the question "What do I do now?"

That's why I had dearly wished .hack//Fragment would've been released in the US, but it never was. It was an MMO that used the same engine as .hack, so you could make an infinite number of maps and dungeons by using keywords, and during offline mode, you could even make your own dungeons and fields.

Osaka

trollololol
Not played WoW, was tempted though. How much is it a month anyway? (not that I could afford to keep parting with my money on something like this at this point in time. It's games like these I can live without.) Maybe if I played it on someone else's computer..
Wasn't there a Persona MMO game out? Anyone played that? I also heard about a Dynasty Warriors MMO game too but I've no idea how they'ed go about working that one.

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
Storm Silves;295332 said:
I think with MMOs like WoW, people just end up hitting this wall where they ask themselves the question "What do I do now?"

That's why I had dearly wished .hack//Fragment would've been released in the US, but it never was. It was an MMO that used the same engine as .hack, so you could make an infinite number of maps and dungeons by using keywords, and during offline mode, you could even make your own dungeons and fields.

Holy ****! Are you kidding me? That's total bull they didn't release it!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Osaka;295346 said:
Not played WoW, was tempted though. How much is it a month anyway? (not that I could afford to keep parting with my money on something like this at this point in time. It's games like these I can live without.) Maybe if I played it on someone else's computer..
Wasn't there a Persona MMO game out? Anyone played that? I also heard about a Dynasty Warriors MMO game too but I've no idea how they'ed go about working that one.

I think it was about £12 or £13 a month a year or so ago. It might be more since then.

It's only worth it if you're going to spend quite a bit of time playing I think. I realised I didn't have that much time for games and in the end, my account was sitting there unused draining my bank account. It was fun when I could meet up with my friends on it though, and do instances together. There was me, this level 30 hunter with my hyena Hannibal, alongside these level 70 priests zapping away at monsters I couldn't hope to beat, lol.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
I do sometimes, play mainly on my hunter but I just started a new character as rogue for a bit of change. I don't play very often anymore, I got a bit bored of it once I reach higher levels. Most people say it gets better, but I enjoyed just questing and leveling up myself.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
i prefer to have dignity.
i play maplestory

.... >.>

what, you didn't think i was serious about dignity did you?

M

Mishka

I play! Idoidoido!
I'm on wildhammer! normal. lv 85 hunter, night elf! Hihihii :3

Top Bottom