• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone else using the Xbox One Elite Controller? Also, what binds do you use?

Nessy

Not sure what happened to my old account...email not recognised :(

So I bought this thing back in 2015 with the intent of using it on DMC4...I had already completely finished everything in that game however, having just done my dmd no damage run...and changing all my controls (which I decided to do with my new controller) pushed me away from putting in the effort...still the controller is easily the best quality of any I've used and I'm more than happy with the purchase, though I haven't had a use for rebinding the back buttons until now (the 4 extra buttons you can press with your pinky/wedding fingers which are rebindable to any other control).

I decided to remap all my controls with my past DMC knowledge hoping that it wouldn't take too long to get back into it (only a few hours). Anyway, here's the controls I've gone for.

Dante:
A - Melee Attack
L2 - Gun Attack [So you can charge your gun while still doing other stuff, can be argued to swap it to L1 so you can spam it more easily, however you should use L1/R1 with Nero for exceed as triggers aren't as accurate for this, it depends if you can deal with different controls for Nero]
R1 - Jump [Easiest button for jump cancelling, you can alternate this with the L1 control if you want, I've tried having this on X/B but don't think it's anywhere near as easy to use]
X - Style Action [This makes A and X your attack moves generally, you can always easily press X as your thumb is always over it while you're pressing A, meaning you can use trickster, jump and attack easily]
L1 - Devil Trigger [You want this on a key you can hold down in combat, so you can charge SDT or use QuadrupleS easily in fights]
LeftStick - Change Target [You can only put this on a stick, it's better to have it on left for Nero and Dante, since you might finish a combo on one enemy, then charge your sword (this cerberus lightning attacks or that new lunge that Nero has) while changing targets. You won't be able to swap targets if it is on Right Stick, though I do hate clicking Left Sticks in general]
RT - Lock On [Obviously has to be a button you can hold down at all times as well, so shoulder button is fine
B - Change Sword [Might be unintuitive to some, but having so many important buttons managed by a single thumb isn't great, putting things you don't press often/don't need to press while attacking is a good idea. I find B easier to press than Y so I put Sword on B]
Y - Change Gun
Change Styles - DPAD

Elite Back buttons bound to Dpad so you can change styles easily without taking your finger off of the Thumbstick.

Seem reasonable? Amazing game btw, waited 3 weeks for my old DMC buddy to come visit before I first played it - well worth it, improves on DMC4 in almost every way.

What controls do you guys use?

Nessy

Found my account...I used a weird email and don't know why I wouldn't call myself Nessy if I could.

Could you delete the other account please? And if possible change my name to Nessy? haha

Dark Drakan

Admin
Found my account...I used a weird email and don't know why I wouldn't call myself Nessy if I could.

Could you delete the other account please? And if possible change my name to Nessy? haha

Switched username to this account and if I delete new account it could effect the thread so I’ve edited name of old account currently.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I use an elite controller

Lt lock on
Lb change gun
RT change sword
RB gun attack

Y melee
B style action
X jump
A devil trigger

Rear paddles bound to X,y,b,a for some reason so use them rarely

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Switched username to this account and if I delete new account it could effect the thread so I’ve edited name of old account currently.
Just merge the two accounts. Nessy2 > Nessy. Or whichever account he wants for main.

Top Bottom