• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone else getting tired of Assassin's Creed's policy of "a game a year"?

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Because I seriously am. I just got AC unity which wasn't cheap, and I got a bunch of glitches with it. Not all the time, but enough to be pretty annoying, and on the off chances, the glitches that force me to restart my console.

And now they're coming out with AC syndicate and honestly, I don't like it.

The gameplay is basically AC unity and I'm 100% sure that there will be glitches in it as well. They rush these games out so quick that they don't feel authentic anymore. From the footage of the latest one, it looks like Batman Arkham city with the grappling hook now.

It doesn't feel like the series is as special anymore when they're just rushed out nonstop.

Anyone else feel this way?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
We've said it for years regarding Call of Duty and now another franchise is doing it, unfortunately until these crap games stop selling we're just going to see more and more annual franchises.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
@Bazilican
Well there's some good news, UBISOFT said they aren't making anymore triple A titles for the PS3 or 360.

So PS4, X1, & PC gamers are stuck with their Assassin's Creed glitches now.
But of course there are those who blame the glitches & limitations on the PS3 & 360, so we'll see if they improve quality wise with nothing holding them back now.

Well I think the 360 and PS3 Assassins Creed were pretty bug free, never had any problems besides the ocassional AI hickups and someone being stuck in a wall or so.
Unity on the other hand (I don't have the game so bear with me, I'm speaking of off observation here) was a Next Gen game, it did not have a release on last gen, so it's definitly a case of bad testing and rushing the game to release.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
I left the series at Brotherhood because there were already rumors of a sequel just after the game's release plus no actual gameplay improvement over the second game. I don't regret it.

Erian1Mortal

Premium

Well there's UBISOFT business practices for you.
They have no one to blame but themselves.
And honestly i won't miss them on the PS3, there wasn't any UBISOFT titles that really got my interests anyway & i was so sick of seeing another Assassin's Creed title come out so soon anyway.
I only played part of one & the series got old to me, so it's no loss for me.
I stopped playing after Ezios story was over in Revelations, I gave AC3 a shot but I did not feel any fun in it, besides the fact that the characters where unlikeable to me.
But it's true, they pump them out so fast that quality just goes down the gutter. It's a problem that I see with the industry nowadays, but that's a different topic altogether and I don't want to derail this one.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I enjoyed the first and second as well as Revelations & Brotherhood. However I really disliked ACIII and didnt even bother finishing it before I sold it. Then I really liked AC Black Flag and thought the series was learning from past mistakes only to be sold Unity. Luckily I didnt purchase it on release so bugs wise it hasnt been as bad for me as some have experienced but I still feel like it was a step backwards from Black Flag. I like the series and even I am now left not really caring when they announce new titles as they are always rushed out and dont feel like warranted sequels anymore. Trailers tend to look good and I do like the 'look' of the new game but I wouldnt say I was excited to play it.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I haven't kept up with the series since AC2 but from what I've seen Ubisoft is going for quantity over quality. I remember when i saw the trailer for the first game and i was like "wow, this is so different from anything else I've seen." Now i look at the latest entries and they look like soulless photocopies to make an easy buck.

Meg

I took a break after ACIII because it was terrible. Black Flag is great though, and I want to play Rogue eventually. I think the important thing to point out here is that no one is forcing you to by AC every year. If you like the series but are tired of yearly releases, then just do what I did and take a break. Sure you'll always be behind, but would you rather be behind but enjoying each game once you play it, or play them right when they come out and hate yourself for doing so?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I took the bait twice with III and Unity(Only moderate expectations for Unity so i wasn't that disappointed unlike in ACIII), i won't take it again. This franchise needs a break. That is all Ubisoft really needs to do.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I am tired of it in general at this stage , the only thing after this new one that will get me interested is a proper modern day one with modern day assassinations , or else an ealry 20th century one maybe in the 1930's or 40's

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
The series got iffy with Revelations and 3, Black Flag redeemed the series somewhat. But now that it is yearly and unchanged like CoD, AC is not worth paying attention to anymore.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
I think delaying Syndicate for another year or so would have been a better way to restore some faith in Ubisoft as actions speak louder than words.

As much as you wanna believe they have learned from unity's problems, they havent done a good job showing you that.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I took a break after ACIII because it was terrible. Black Flag is great though, and I want to play Rogue eventually. I think the important thing to point out here is that no one is forcing you to by AC every year. If you like the series but are tired of yearly releases, then just do what I did and take a break. Sure you'll always be behind, but would you rather be behind but enjoying each game once you play it, or play them right when they come out and hate yourself for doing so?

If I took a break from it for a few years there would be a whole series out by time I wanted to buy them again. :laugh:

I have Rogue as my step son played it so think I will play through that at some point as its closer to Black Flag than Unity was.

I think delaying Syndicate for another year or so would have been a better way to restore some faith in Ubisoft as actions speak louder than words.

As much as you wanna believe they have learned from unity's problems, they havent done a good job showing you that.

The Division was delayed again so they needed something to make their financial year look good and seems they have to milk their cash cow which is the AC series now to generate that.

Reactions: Meg

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
I don't have a problem with it. I've played all the main games except for Unity(and I probably never will play Unity since it's only for 8th generation consoles and has mediocre reviews), and so far they've all been good IMO. As long as the games are good, why complain?

Well, because the games can be so much more refined and better received. Yearly releases are damaging the quality of these games. i.e AC3 & Unity. Both games were to launch the franchise into new heights, a new generation w/ an entire new engine/etc, and yet both came out incomplete and unplayable for many. Why? Because Ubisoft refuses to delay their games and demands they be shipped by holiday. The developers themselves have admitted that.

Top Bottom