• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any hope bringing back old DMC?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Will there be hope? It stopped right at four.

Will we see more about Nero & bring back Dante as the true protagonist? Nero seems like the "Raiden" of DMC to me.

Vergil deserves a comeback too. But more weapons this time.

As for Kyrie, she should fight and take her brother's place. Maybe she'll carry his sword and have crossbows as her firearms. And if possible... she should take up the ascension ceremony as Credo did. If she did, she'd look like a fairy.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Will we see more about Nero & bring back Dante as the true protagonist? Nero seems like the "Raiden" of DMC to me.

Vergil deserves a comeback too. But more weapons this time.
I agree. Dante or Vergil should be the main protagonist.

Nero will probably end up being an enhanced ninja (like Raiden) -- who knows?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder if Kyrie will join in the fight with Nero? Honoring Credo's death, she takes up his sword & wields her own firearms as crossbows.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
TGS starts tomorrow so its anyone's guess.

@Ronin
A crossbow fits her but it would feel too dated. Nero would just give her a handgun to use so unless its a magical one like the one Serah had in FF13-2 i dont see a crossbow really helping her out.

Last edited:

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Being the 15 year anniversary of DMC it would be a perfect time at TGS to have a tribute video for DMC and at the end turn the 15 in to a 5 and add DMC in. It's about time to announce DMC5 if that is the project Itsuno is working on. We'll see this week if we're going to be back here talking about the DMC5 trailer at the end of the week or if we're back here saying, "Well, another year another disappointment." The latter is more likely.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
TGS starts tomorrow so its anyone's guess.

@Ronin
A crossbow fits her but it would feel too dated. Nero would just give her a handgun to use so unless its a magical one like the one Serah had in FF13-2 i dont see a crossbow really helping her out.

But what kind of gun will suit Kyrie? She can wield Credo's sword. If she went into the ascension ceremony as her brother, her form would be based on a fairy.

Viper

Premium
But what kind of gun will suit Kyrie? She can wield Credo's sword. If she went into the ascension ceremony as her brother, her form would be based on a fairy.
Pandora, Argument form. Powerful enough for a quick kill, can be shot from safe distance, shaped so that she doesn't have to worry about staying firmly on the ground, as she would be seated. And she'd look cool. :cool:

Redgrave Kyo

Unusual sight
I won't expect anything to happen past this TGS if nothing comes out. As mentioned, 2016 is Devil May Cry's 15th anniversary. We had no main game since 2008, and if it's of any relevance, it's been 5 years since DmC was first announced. You possibly can't have a better chance until 2018 for DMC 4's 10 anniversary or 2021 for a 20th anniversary. If Capcom does want to line up on such events.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I won't expect anything to happen past this TGS if nothing comes out. As mentioned, 2016 is Devil May Cry's 15th anniversary. We had no main game since 2008, and if it's of any relevance, it's been 5 years since DmC was first announced. You possibly can't have a better chance until 2018 for DMC 4's 10 anniversary or 2021 for a 20th anniversary. If Capcom does want to line up on such events.
I just read Capcom's Annual Report for this year and they say that they plan on releasing more titles in the fiscal year 2018 than they will be for the fiscal year ending March 2017. If you remember, DMC series was in Capcom's main pipeline in last years annual report putting it in a position of a fiscal year 2018 release, if we're to believe Capcom is actually going to make every game in their pipeline. Dead Rising and RE were in the pipeline under the fiscal year release of 2017 and they got announced right on time so hopefully we do get some kind of announcement for DMC5. Here's the report if you want to give it a skim through. http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/annual.html

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well @Viper gave the best answer ever but I was gonna say most handguns, revolvers, shotguns and rifles. She can be trained as a sniper and pick them off from afar.

She can use a sword but I'm not sure her using Credo's Sword and Shield since those are devil arms. So maybe a sword of her own or another weapon like a naginata/polearm/spear might be better.

I like her idea about her going through the Ascension ceremony (maybe Nero does it to save her life after a fatal demon attack????). I would like her to have a melee style based on quick strikes with her new "claws". The fairy visual is nice but you still want her to look demonic.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I can't believe I have to make this disclaimer every time I post one of these but take this with a grain of salt!! Last time I still posted the disclaimer and people still gave s*** about posting a link to something as possibly baseless as this, yet if I don't....

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...-tokyo-game-show-2016-what-we-know-so-far.htm
I saw this already, just so everyone knows and you guys probably already know this but the website's you can never trust when it comes to announcements and release dates are The Bitbag, The Herald, MovieandGuide, GamenGuide, Christian Today, kdramastars, Mobile and Apps, University Herald, Lawyer Herald and I'm sure there are more but those I know for sure from experience.

Frazz

General gamer
At this point I think a DMC5 announcement would have probably been leaked by an actual insider by now if it were to show up at TGS. I believe we won't hear anything until mid-late 2017 but if by the end of 2017 there is no news then I'm giving up as 2018 will mark 10 years since DMC4.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
At this point I think a DMC5 announcement would have probably been leaked by an actual insider by now if it were to show up at TGS. I believe we won't hear anything until mid-late 2017 but if by the end of 2017 there is no news then I'm giving up as 2018 will mark 10 years since DMC4.
Yeah I agree, if we don't see it at the next E3, it's probably the end for Devil May Cry.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Well @Viper gave the best answer ever but I was gonna say most handguns, revolvers, shotguns and rifles. She can be trained as a sniper and pick them off from afar.

She can use a sword but I'm not sure her using Credo's Sword and Shield since those are devil arms. So maybe a sword of her own or another weapon like a naginata/polearm/spear might be better.

I like her idea about her going through the Ascension ceremony (maybe Nero does it to save her life after a fatal demon attack????). I would like her to have a melee style based on quick strikes with her new "claws". The fairy visual is nice but you still want her to look demonic.

That's true. Kyrie with her own sword similar to Credo's would be nice. Or a rapier.

Maybe both a fairy and an angel.

The ascension ceremony can happen before DMC 5. Nero tried to protect her but failed. He had no choice but to bring her to the ceremony to save her.

Top Bottom