• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any Dark Souls Players Out There?

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I'm addicted to this game:
Dark-Souls4646.jpg

Anybody else in love with this game?

Meg

ME ME ME ME ME! I'm not too far yet, I'm in the Darkroot Garden, but it's a pretty epic game so far. :)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Yup, though I sorta rage quit a while back in Anor Londo because trying to take on Kenan and Kel on my own is hell on earth.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Well I play it on XBOX xD so I don't know if I can help but I'm a level 96 Pyromancing, Katana and Shortsword using, light armor wearing badass ;)

Reactions: Meg

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I so want Dark Souls....& the game to BWAHAHA!!! lol.
Anyway.
1. Can you play offline ? I really hated the random invading from DICKS that just wanted to ruined DemonSouls for me. So can you not sign in, start DarkSouls then sign in & not worry about invading.
2. How does the character creation look compared to DemonSouls ? Better worse or same.

1: Yep, it was the same in Demon's Souls, you could just sign out of PSN and play offline without worrying about invasions. You can do the same in Dark Souls.

2: 'Bout the same really, possibly a little bit better.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
That's great thank you for the info.
Even better, DarkSouls is a different setting & storyline from DemonSouls right ?
So i can go back to DemonSouls & not feel like i'm in need of continuing a story?

Yeah pretty much, you don't need to have even touched Demon's Souls in order to have any grasp of Dark Souls whatsoever, it's set in a totally different location with a totally different set up, there's basically no ties to the first game.

RedGrave

Yup, though I sorta rage quit a while back in Anor Londo because trying to take on Kenan and Kel on my own is hell on earth.

lol "Kenan and Kel" XD

those 2 have so many nicknames! I call em Bevis and Butthead haha

the game is awesome though! :D

At first? :O How far are you?

this game is quite easy, just have to get the timing's right as well as know everyone's fighting pattern.

I don't wanna spoil anything just incase you didn't beat the game yet, so ill just say its possible to perry the last boss's attacks lol. He's fast as heck though...

currently on NG+ and the only difference is that they take more damage...

then again....my main weapon is the Black Knight GeatAxe +5 and my secondary is a Lightning Iaito at +5, so cutting them down isn't a prob

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Yeah pretty much, you don't need to have even touched Demon's Souls in order to have any grasp of Dark Souls whatsoever, it's set in a totally different location with a totally different set up, there's basically no ties to the first game.
So like elder scrolls? its in the same canon but you don't need to play the previous ones to play skyrim

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
At first? :O How far are you?
I beat it :D
lol jk
When the first time i played it so hard but when i'm the middle of the game,something happened that is why i need to start at the very first stage and its kinda easy now(for me at least lol)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Beaten the game twice, got all Sorceries, Pyromancy, Miracles, and all of the rare weapons, and I am proud to say that I got Platinum for the game.

As much as many people thought that fighting Dragonslayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough are extremely hard, surprisingly, I find that the boss fight not much harder than fighting any other bosses, and I beaten them twice without any online players help. Having proper equipment and stats will help you to win their fight easily.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
How is Dark Souls online guys?

Could someone explain it please? not easy to find info on it.

Like what is it different to Demon's Souls, and is it very easy to invade/travel to other players? Or is it same as Demon's Souls in that it takes time to get summoned?

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Completed my first playthrough the other day.

I thought Black Dragon Kalameet (on the dlc) was the hardest boss in the game and I was stupidly over leveled. Also if anyone gets the dlc don't attack Gough unless you're prepared....he's tough.

Meg

How far in the game do you have to get to reach the DLC levels? I'm in the Darkroot Basin right before heading of to Blighttown in my fourth playthrough. You'd think they'd be nice and just tell me how to get there, but no. :(

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
How far in the game do you have to get to reach the DLC levels? I'm in the Darkroot Basin right before heading of to Blighttown in my fourth playthrough. You'd think they'd be nice and just tell me how to get there, but no. :(

You can access it as soon as you get access to Dukes Archive, there's a crystal golem at the entrance that drops an item which spawns a portal where you fight the hydra in Darkroot (where Dusk is originally)

Top Bottom