• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Angels?

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
I am an absolute fan of DMC. But much like Supernatural, adding angels would add some much needed spice to the series. Even if its only one as a recurring boss throughout the game. Or, again like Supernatural, have one help get Dante out of Hell after DMC2. Or better yet.......a new character half human/half angel (preferably playable.). Thoughts? Ideas?

angel_warrior_by_nero_tbs-d6p4g3k.jpg

Viper

Premium
Problem with that is that in DMC lore demons are considered darkness, while humanity is the light, with shades of gray in form of evil humans and demons that fight for humanity. Angels would be pretty much a third wheel.
There has been mention of angels, but Arkham refers to them as the same as demons. Knights of the Order thought they were angels, when in reality they were demons. Also, there is an enemy that resembles a standard angel look, but it's a trap.

outoftheblue

@Viper What you said . Also the theme of angels and nephilim has already been touched on in DmC. I would like to have them keep both universes separated.
There is a lot we still can learn and play in the actual DMC universe. I would love to have some decent Sparda disciple to fight with or against (I don´t mind) like in the anime or even a full blooded demon son of Sparda ....the possibilities are there, it´s a question of a decent brainstorming session, it´s all.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I don't know, I thought the DMC series was fine. One theme in DMC was that not all demons are evil, and to add angels to that isn't really necessary. I suppose they could do a 'not all angels are good' thing, but we already got that from Mundus and some other demons that were considered 'angels'. Actually, Mundus himself is supposed to symbolize God (only evil). So angels already exist in DMC really, and I don't know what they can do with them story-wise.

Though I guess they could do a story in which you find out that the demons that look like angels aren't actually angels. Maybe angels are more like cherubim or something, pretty terrifying and on fire. But maybe those 'real angels' would be good guys, and maybe Kyrie could be turned into one. That way Kyrie would find some use as a character, and she would also identify more with Nero because now she knows what it's like to turn into a different being.

Nightmare Omni

Angels? Dunno.

DMC does have confirmed Greek Pantheon of Gods though based on the Staff of Hermes in DMC1.

Also Alchemy has long been aDMC thing.
Even had a Philosophers Stone.

Viper

Premium
You'd think with all of these Gods and Goddesses they would of done something about Mundus. Nope.
You mean why Gods and Godesses didn't aid human kind against Mundus?
Simple, they were false gods, demons that people promoted to that status. Argosax was worshiped as a god, Mundus as well, even Sparda, so god is just a term for a devil they held in higher regard.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Viper: I was referring to the statue of the water Goddess in DMC 1. And Nightmare Omni pointed out the God of Time and Space. These we can assume were meant to be based on actual Gods and Goddesses that also existed in the same era as Sparda and Mundus.

Viper

Premium
@Viper: I was referring to the statue of the water Goddess in DMC 1. And Nightmare Omni pointed out the God of Time and Space. These we can assume were meant to be based on actual Gods and Goddesses that also existed in the same era as Sparda and Mundus.
Yes I know that, but if something is called a god in universe separated into two dimensions (demon/human), most logical thing is that they are just devils called gods by humans, like those examples I gave. By the way Mundus looks, I'd guess they were close to Greek/Roman pantheon in the their appearance and power, and from mythology you can see that while humans chose which of the gods to worship more, gods themselves held to hierarchy with Zeus at top. Those who might have rebelled were defeated. Mundus had Sparda for that, and after Mundus was sealed there was battle for throne.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked this fanfic that had Dante enter the realm of the Sidhe to rescue a friend and I thought introducing Nero as a japanese style half-breed might have been better so Im cool with expanding the supernatural pool.

Im not really sold on angels in DMC mostly because they have been played out and DmC never did anything with them. I guess the big issue is why havent we seen them already since they would have to get involved in Dante's life (he would be on top of the list of people to watch and stuff)

Veloran

They reiterate in a recent interview that Devil May Cry's universe is one lacking in angels or heaven.

berto

I Saw the Devil
They reiterate in a recent interview that Devil May Cry's universe is one lacking in angels or heaven.

Which seems a bit odd to me considering that the word exists, as Credo claimed he became one, and there is an item in DMC4 that is the feather of an angel wing with hebrew scribed on the cristal it's encrusted in.

Maybe they added that because of western perceptions rather than because it was part of the original canon.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Which seems a bit odd to me considering that the word exists, as Credo claimed he became one, and there is an item in DMC4 that is the feather of an angel wing with hebrew scribed on the cristal it's encrusted in.

Maybe they added that because of western perceptions rather than because it was part of the original canon.

I'd say its just as simple as, Angels and Demons are just to sides of the same coin, like it depends on how peoples perspective is on the subject. Like, whats referred to Angels could simply be good Demons and the bad ones are simply called Demons. Or it's just a different sub species to Demons and some humans saw them as something totally different then they were and incorporated them into their religion.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'd say its just as simple as, Angels and Demons are just to sides of the same coin, like it depends on how peoples perspective is on the subject. Like, whats referred to Angels could simply be good Demons and the bad ones are simply called Demons. Or it's just a different sub species to Demons and some humans saw them as something totally different then they were and incorporated them into their religion.
The word demon didn't have negative associations till christianity. Before they were just spirits of nature, both good and evil. In Greek myth they were of the same nature as mortals and deities and were called Dæmons, so they were like ghosts. I doubt that this is the case here since there are no points of evidence to indicate that this is the case with DMC.

Veloran

He's talking specifically about DMC4, and how it might be difficult for foreign audiences to understand that it's a world of only humans and demons, without angels.

If you think about it, the same could be said of the Order and whoever created the wing talisman. They were unable to comprehend that a higher force wouldn't stand against demons alongside them, so they invented the myth of angels to cope.

Top Bottom