• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

An idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
The proposition of the DMC5 thread has influenced me to suggest something that's been on my mind for a while. It's not urgent but I think the site would prosper if this happened.

I was thinking that the General Discussion thread somehow feels a little odd in that it has so many things in it with absolutely no cohesion at all. I was thinking maybe to break it down into subsections. Like Music Discussion (Discussing music), Literature Discussion (Discussing books and also submitting original stories and poetry), Film Discussion (discussing films), Event Discussion (Discussing holidays and the like), News Discussion (Discussing news) and Other Discussion (Discussion of other matters). I just feel that this would improve the overall aesthetic of the site.

Let me know what you think.:cool:

Janny

Dines with dementia
That would end up being a bit too chaotic... There would be too many categories and it's hard to keep an eye on so many, especially for the staff. Some categories may get less traffic than others and end up being deserted. That's what I think at least.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Yeah, i dont think you could do it really, too many people would get confused about where to post, and then it would be moved and people could get annoyed, but i can see where your coming from, but i dont think it will work

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I think it's fine as it is.
After all the General Discussion Forum was made for any stuff you have to discuss when you don't have anything else to say on the Devil May Cry Boards (which are the main ones, and the reason that this Forum was made). Making it more advanced would be giving it needless attention and would probably attract more members with no passion/likeness about Devil May Cry. I don't think that's too bad, but as we are a Devil May Cry Forum, we should stay just that and not transform into a Forum that discusses anything in particular;)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It's a good suggestion but could render the place being rather more cluttered or even promote further spamming by members (some of whom really do not need any further encouragement in that area). Steve tends to chop or add bits of forum depending on what is more streamlined and appropriate - although it might make people here be able to find the relevant category for their discussion more quickly, we could wind up getting a lot of attention which, whilst usually helpful, could do more harm than good in that the search engines will show up the chatty areas and not so much the DMC related stuff.

May be something we can accommodate in future though?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
lol aww, poor phant, it was a good idea though. But it might distract the DMC part of the forum for some

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Vauxchen;120502 said:
lol aww, poor phant, it was a good idea though. But it might distract the DMC part of the forum for some

Enough feigned sympathy, alright Vauxy?;)
Thanks for saying it was a good idea but I can see, as you said, it was ill considered in the long run.

There's no need for this thread anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom