• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alright guys im made this to apologize

VergilNeroDante

The reason I wrote this is because, I'm here to apologize for hitting on this new reboot for all the negative backlash I have given towards it. I know there are supporters for it, while others have their own opinion regarding how bad it is and its overall flaws. I'm apologizing to those that I simply lashed at in hatred towards their support for this reboot. While myself I am not getting the game because of my stubborn reasons but because I enjoy the original much more and I find them very entertaining and fun. With this new direction of the series, I am hoping the original will continue for at least a few more games to help clear anything up from the past. Maybe Capcom might learn something from Ninja Theory as far as story telling goes and then begin their project of Devil May Cry 5. I have faith that DMC 5 will come, but I say why not just create and continue for both sides you know? Make everyone happy, but we gamers of an awesome series know that nothing will completely satisfy us, we will obviously find something to b*tch about.

So to those supporting the Reboot I'm taking the time to apologize ahead of time for all the remarks i made towards you and the Reboot. So if you will, take this apology and accept me for my opinions towards the reboot, I myself, will try to not to think harshly on the game or the desicions of others. A game is a game whether we like it or not and I know that we will all come to accept things sooner or later.

Thanks for reading, I wasnt sure where to post this.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
The reason I wrote this is because, I'm here to apologize for hitting on this new reboot for all the negative backlash I have given towards it. I know there are supporters for it, while others have their own opinion regarding how bad it is and its overall flaws. I'm apologizing to those that I simply lashed at in hatred towards their support for this reboot. While myself I am not getting the game because of my stubborn reasons but because I enjoy the original much more and I find them very entertaining and fun. With this new direction of the series, I am hoping the original will continue for at least a few more games to help clear anything up from the past. Maybe Capcom might learn something from Ninja Theory as far as story telling goes and then begin their project of Devil May Cry 5. I have faith that DMC 5 will come, but I say why not just create and continue for both sides you know? Make everyone happy, but we gamers of an awesome series know that nothing will completely satisfy us, we will obviously find something to b*tch about.

So to those supporting the Reboot I'm taking the time to apologize ahead of time for all the remarks i made towards you and the Reboot. So if you will, take this apology and accept me for my opinions towards the reboot, I myself, will try to not to think harshly on the game or the desicions of others. A game is a game whether we like it or not and I know that we will all come to accept things sooner or later.

Thanks for reading, I wasnt sure where to post this.
aww thats big of you *gives big hug*

VergilNeroDante

Well thanks for the acceptance. While everyone will enjoy the game maybe letting some feedback on here might provide otherwise for the backlash but other than that, I have come to realize the mistakes that Capcom has done and are now trying to correct them. I believe while others dont, that DMC 5 is in production. Even if it's false, I ust want to believe it at the very least. I guess thats how attached i am towards the original and it's overall look, feel, and deisgn.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
VND; that's all anyone really should ask for is to respect their opinions and yours are respected. I for one accept the apology, and I do respect that you wish to avoid the new game. To be honest, I felt teh same way at one point. I changed my position, but you still hol dyours and that is your choice. We're a big family in teh fandom...disfunctional as hell, but, eh, what family isn't? Pizza and Sundaes to you dude, and I do hope Capcoms takes their hand at the series again with a proper sequel to the classic series as well. We just need to see how things go with this new take on it, and hopefully, we can maybe get both lines in parallel, like New!trek and Classic!Trek

VergilNeroDante

aww thats big of you *gives big hug*

Thanks Meg, your awesome! -hugs-
This community deserve better respect for it's support for both sides. Maybe the background of the site might change to both after some time. Having DmC Vergil and Dante on one side, while the original DMC Dante and Vergil on the other.

lol, just speaking my mind.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Thanks Meg, your awesome! -hugs-
This community deserve better respect for it's support for both sides. Maybe the background of the site might change to both after some time. Having DmC Vergil and Dante on one side, while the original DMC Dante and Vergil on the other.

lol, just speaking my mind.
yeah i liked the background before this one with new dante on the left and DMC3 dante one the right

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
yeah i liked the background before this one with new dante on the left and DMC3 dante one the right
There actually is a theme for that on the site, it's the DMC classic one, has New!Dante on the left, and DMC3 on the right, it's what I have my theme set to

VergilNeroDante

Thanks guys, even if this is family, I have decided to respect both parties, though it was just a few minutes ago that i lashed at everyone that mentioned the new DmC but something just smacked me in the back of the head -NCIS Gibbs lol- and put some sense into my skull.

We are here to make opinions and not flamewars, repecting each and everyone's opinion and getting along is what I feel a forum should be like, and like Redgrave stated we are one hell of a family, but to me an interesting indeed.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
There actually is a theme for that on the site, it's the DMC classic one, has New!Dante on the left, and DMC3 on the right, it's what I have my theme set to
you can change it? mine has the new dante and kat on the left and new vergil on the right...

VergilNeroDante

I am glad I was able to apologize for my actions against former members of this forum. Though my actions were nothing more than childish and selfish, I should have noticed it long ago, regardless if people like the reboot or not. Par-taking in this forum is a way to meet new people and share positive ideas on future games of the series, both the original and new. I think overall we, the community and as a family can take things further and make the best of things while we are here, even though things have met their demise but in return have been welcomed back with open arms and a fresh start. Even if Capcom wants 2 million for DmC, if it does reach that would that be enough to continue the series? My question really is that if DmC was to sell above their profitable expectations, would there be a possible chance that both worlds would continue? Note, I wasn't sure but were Capcom looking for 2 million units sold or 2 million dollars worth the games being sold? These questions, I have either missed or overlooked. Someone please correct me.

ZeroLove

VND, I haven't really noticed you being offensive, but then again, you haven't been a member on here for long. In any case, I think this is big of you, to admit your wrongs and apologize for them. I applaud you. There's no need for there to be bad blood between people just because of some disagreements over a game. Some like DmC, some don't. As long we can discuss the matters as adults and respect eachothers' opinions, it's all fine and dandy. ^^

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Well, all is well and ends well.
For now.

The rebel may have fallen, but there is always another individual that will rise and challenge his/her antagonists to the perpetual war caused by the dual companies, Capcom and Ninja Theory. Even against all the odds of succeeding in his/her endeavor, he/she will show greater conviction and ruthlessness than his/her predecessors. It happened in the past, it will happen again.

VergilNeroDante

VND, I haven't really noticed you being offensive, but then again, you haven't been a member on here for long. In any case, I think this is big of you, to admit your wrongs and apologize for them. I applaud you. There's no need for there to be bad blood between people just because of some disagreements over a game. Some like DmC, some don't. As long we can discuss the matters as adults and respect eachothers' opinions, it's all fine and dandy. ^^

I'm still relatively new to this site and it's members but overall I can find entertainment amoung everyone here, and not in a bad way. I have decided to change the way I act towards others and their desicions towards the reboot. If you like then hey, you like it. I shouldnt hold that against you because you want to try something new out, even if it has the title of a original series that we all still play, but I agree that blood shouldn't be shed here between it's members because of the disagreements we have. It's a game, and I will state I'm highly in love with the original. Acting like mature adults and respecting others points of view on the matter on hand, I would like to say that there is no need for the backlashing anymore. Like some stated, whats done is done, it can't be changed now, but what we can do for those still hoping for DMC 5 (myself indeed), all we can honestly do is hope that Capcom will consider doing so but make it better than the previous 4.

Combat I believe has reached the point to where it is at it's peak but it in itself can still be improved, possibly add in cinematic actions here and there to deal extra damage (if playing as Dante). Dante's character never had this during his gameplay but Nero introduced it because of stunning the emeny after so much damage was given and then using the Buster to deal massive/extra damage. Dante could also do the same. Possibly add in enviroment usage (example: When you started playing DMC 4 and fought against Dante at the beginning, at the last scene where he punches Dante's sword, sending him flying then grabbing his leg and punching him in the face and then beginning his pummeling galore, while Dante's sword was on the side lines and after Dante got thrown and then stabbed, instead of having it shown through the cutscenes, why not just allow to player to do so?) Some have asking on this but i haven't seen of the sort honestly but that's just my 2 cents on what could possibly be improved as far as gameply goes. Sure the cutscenes show more action and style but wouldn't you actually like to do that yourself? I think it would be amazingly fun! :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
Think what people need to realise is that it is simply a game, nothing more & not something to get so worked up about. Think some people forget that there are people behind the profiles & posts and they have feelings too. There is no need to get so upset over something that is simply a form of media that you have to personally insult someone or get into arguments about it. We know fans are passionate (as they are with anything) but there isnt any need to ever get personal etc.

Top Bottom