• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

AJAX Chat

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
The fansite I made has an instant chat feature that is pretty cool, I was wondering if DMC forums could do something like it.

You have to be logged in to see it so I'll describe it to you.

It's a Chat box at the top of the forum that lets you......well it lets you chat.:lol:

It's fast and it updates every 5 seconds, can we do that here?

Dark Drakan

Admin
We have had them elsewhere before and think they look tacky and also tempt people into not posting on the boards as people get quicker answers in them. Usually they are bogged down with spam comments and are hard to moderate also and keep track of conversations in them.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
After all in order to quickly have a talk with someone, all you have to do is leave them a visitor message;)

Not to mention that in the past, the previous Chat Thread resulted in members posting there for things that had little to do with Devil May Cry let alone contributing to the community, resulting in the thread's closure.

If someone wants to chat with the members they can always exchange MSN and stuff like that whose original purpose is to let people chat after all^_^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I know of this feature. A forum I use to run had the same chat box system. However, we already have visitor messages and PM's to occupy us. And I personally think they look odd, right up there in the way it would look out of place. I think it would probably make the site run a little slower, and would stop people from posting as much (As Dark Drakan also pointed out). And, it could be very weird stuff posted there (Could turn into a sort of "MSN" *As mentioned by others*) It would be another feature where the Staff would have to check out "problems" should ever such thing occur there, and they already have a lot of messages to deal with already. As much as I like the idea, it could be abused and therefore if it were to be applied it could potentially cause issues should members argue or whatever there.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Anything that gives me a headache is a bad idea :lol:

BA - it's something that on other sites does work really well indeed but here I think you know already that it would just encourage flaming, spamming and nobody would post anywhere else - just like when we had Mallet Island.

Top Bottom