• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

After playing VD, a few odd features

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I have noticed a few weird things since getting this DLC. I don't want to go into detail on them really so I'll just list them off.

Note: I do not find all of these really even a problem, yet just something different and I'm not sure if this is how it is supposed to be but I am very pleased so far.

*Enemies attack me off screen
*It is much harderto gain even as S rank and I'm usually quite high in the usual leaderboards in the regular DmC
*There is no weapon switch combo's(makes sense actually from seeing his move set but something I have found regardless)
*There are still colored enemies though many moves can be used such as Perfect Slice and Aerial Flush though only when used properly. And yes even when enemies have their shields up.
*Enemies attack me more in Nephilim mode than in DmD in the regular DmC. I'm far passed nephilim but I wanted to give an example.
*When the game says it takes so many DT orbs/boxes to use a certain skill it is more than it says by one or two orbs.
*Some of Vergil's moves seem like he is too far away but still lands the hits just fine, mainly in demon mode.
* Killer Bee gives random responses on enemies. Sometimes it works vs colored enemies sometimes it seems it is as if I am attacking with an inappropriate weapon. Still an awesome skill and super fun to jump cancel with.
*Vergil's Lift and Pull has about 3 or 4 times the range Dante's has..FTW..you can be falling off the map 50 feet below a platform and get back up to keep fighting. I did some testing xD
*The auto target is severely lacking compared to playing Dante/Regular in DmC
*You need to aim many of your skills in general since, some barely even use targeting. I love this though it makes you actually do some thinking..or at least try in the slightest
*Vergil is Awesome
*Vergil is Pro
*Vergil is PewPew

I will continue to update this I guess but those are the main things I could really point out that make me question the game. Like I said above I do not even really mind any of this what so ever but it is only what I have noticed. I think many others might have already known this just from watching but watching and playing are two different things believe me. I'd love for anyone to join in this and talk about any if not all of these points :) I'm also curious to know if any of them are glitches and may be changed or if this is how it is supposed to be.

I'll end by saying I love this DLC, so worth the money and I think I'll end up putting more hours into these few missions by playing them over and over than what I have so far in DmC including all of the many runs I have done in BP.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Big V certainly had a steeper learning curve, but that's likely because I had spent countless hours on the DmC Demo as Dante. Once you get the hang of him, he's a LOT of fun. I've had 'Downfall' since the 1st March and already it's got 10+ hours from Me.

Little disappointed that there was no Bloody Palace of his own or any normal real-world segments for him to fight in. I know that He's trapped in a Limbo state but there is so much falling down. Literally, I think that's why they called it Vergil's Down Fall because there is so much falling into Limbo.

Oh and a little heads up; Hell and Hell Mission 5. Prepare to frustrate.

Gbraga

There is A LOT of things in the shop that are just plain wrong, they need to fix that asap, specially the amount of gauge used for moves.

And glad to see I don't suck then, someone else thought Nephilim was a lot harder in Vergil's Downfall than Devil May Cry's DMD.

Judgement

There is A LOT of things in the shop that are just plain wrong, they need to fix that asap, specially the amount of gauge used for moves.

And glad to see I don't suck then, someone else thought Nephilim was a lot harder in Vergil's Downfall than Devil May Cry's DMD.

Yep the gauge is just plain miss represented in the move list/shop and in VD you really need to use his dodges as if you were using them as a style instead of just something extra to get away. I play him I like did his darkslayer style in DMC3SE, the trick up is priceless and so in the evade/dash though I still have not exactly found a good use for trick down yet but I know it will be super useful eventually.

Gbraga

If I had to say something negative about the game, I'd talk about the visuals. Lower budget and all, but it's a lot less impressive than the main campaign so far. Just shows how much DmC depends on it's great art design, the main campaign is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, I always get mindblown everytime I play Mission 1 and 6, but Vergil's Downfall is pretty underwhelming.

Yep the gauge is just plain miss represented in the move list/shop and in VD you really need to use his dodges as if you were using them as a style instead of just something extra to get away. I play him I like did his darkslayer style in DMC3SE, the trick up is priceless and so in the evade/dash though I still have not exactly found a good use for trick down yet but I know it will be super useful eventually.
Please share how you're using the evade, I'm not using it that much.

Judgement

If I had to say something negative about the game, I'd talk about the visuals. Lower budget and all, but it's a lot less impressive than the main campaign so far. Just shows how much DmC depends on it's great art design, the main campaign is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, I always get mindblown everytime I play Mission 1 and 6, but Vergil's Downfall is pretty underwhelming.

Please share how you're using the evade, I'm not using it that much.

Hmm when I sometimes jump then trick up so then I can spam 3 or 4 aerial flushes at enemies but you need to aim properly. I'll also dash around enemies to group them up to do some AoE moves when I can. I'm usually always moving due to being able to spam his evade but I like to call it a dash since it's more of a movement skill than anything. Trick up in general is much faster than jump and when doing so you won't get hit by enemies when moving upwards opposed to if you were trying to jump, you may get caught. You can also use the evade/dash in the air too so I sometimes trick up, angel boost, jump off of an enemy then angel boost back then air trick and do some aerial moves from all of his move sets in between hehe. There is so much to do with his since he actually has a type of style unlike dante who just had a small roll(dodge), a small teleport(angel dodge) and a buff dodge(demon dodge). I don't know what else to say o_O just experiment. If you have more questions pm me but I just got to DmD or should I say VmD xD so I may take time to respond but would not mind the chat to improve our play-styles.

Gbraga

What do you mean trick up? Is it an unlockable ability or I'm dumb and didn't figure that out?

Judgement

There is not a single coloured enemy in the DLC unless you're referring to the witches.

There are enemies that you can only attack with the demon style, such as hell or death knights, until you remove it's shield. Maybe my game is messed up but those enemies I cannot damage without using demon style, at least at first. I'm aware certain moves other than the demon move set can be used against them but not most.

Honestly though if you are having no problems with these such enemies please explain how you go about fighting them because I am at a loss right now if it is the way you say it is and would love any insight you can give.

crush

I'm playing it right now! I find even the nephilim mode more difficult than the original DMD...
It seems Dante had extremely broken moves like demon evade and mostly arbiter.

Vergil: Stop running Dante!
Dante:Give me more poweeeer! (demon evade)

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
There are enemies that you can only attack with the demon style, such as hell or death knights, until you remove it's shield. Maybe my game is messed up but those enemies I cannot damage without using demon style, at least at first. I'm aware certain moves other than the demon move set can be used against them but not most.

Honestly though if you are having no problems with these such enemies please explain how you go about fighting them because I am at a loss right now if it is the way you say it is and would love any insight you can give.
Colour coded enemies are enemies that can ONLY be hit by either angel or demon weapons. There are no such enemies in the DLC. Death Knights don't exactly qualify as colour coded enemies because you can hit them with any move and you don't have to break their shield to hit them as they can't block attacks coming from their rear. If you want to kill stygians, ravagers, death knights and rages easily, just launch them in the air and use aerial flush. It knocks them about a mile away and you can easily get environmental kill with it.

Judgement

Okay Cheese I see where you are coming from, thanks for the feedback.

I'm also curious when do I get the super Vergil perk for unlimited DT? Is it after I finish DmD/VmD? I'm currently halfway through VmD.

Top Bottom