• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

After DmC, you guys want a DmC2 or a DMC5

DmC2, DMC5, or something different

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noel

Except for the fanbase and the "hardcore gamer", DMC is not really popular amongst the mass audience. Do you guys think that Capcom will release another DMC? especially since games getting more expensive and time consuming to make.

Slaythe

No game will EVER reach Call of Duty's outrageous sales.

So there s a balance between "most successful" and "decent success".

They have Different expectations for their games heh.

Ninja Theory games are all failures ( by their own fault ) but they had decent critical reviews.

With the extremely negative initial reaction, And the implication of Capcom for the ending and the gameplay ( and while it might not be exactly as good, it remains excellent ), they obviously wanted this to be a new base for sequels to come, while expecting low sales.

So If it sells less than DMC 4, they probably won't consider it a failure. Especially since DMC 4 was out before shooters were all that sold and before Bayonetta and co. It didn't have MGR Bayo 2 and God of war 4 at the same period.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Ninja Theory games are all failures ( by their own fault ) but they had decent critical reviews.

NT's games didn't fail. Heavenly Sword was actually a pretty good game. Enslaved was also a really good game, but it lacked gameplay and framerates breaking.

I think DmC will be their best one since they got a good handle on gameplay, and the frames don't seem as bad.

Grey-Frog

I meant commercial failure.
Heavenly Sword has sold 1.57 million copies... in comparison DMC4 sold about 2.74. Heavenly Sword was PS3 exclusive where as DMC4 was on two consoles.

That's not really bad numbers.

Now Enslaved on the other hand is considered a commercial failure I'm pretty sure. I think it has less than 1mil sales across the two consoles.

Nelo The Great

I want all of these voting options to happen. I want a DmC2, DMC5, DMC: the story of sparda, and DMC: The quest for power

The quest for power is vergil after being defeated by dante in DMC1 bonding with the leftover resonate power of mundus and takes a new form in the demon world, conqering demon after demon in search for an ultimate power

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Wow, do people really want DmC2 that badly? I like DmC but I would really really like the original DMC to make a comeback! Yes, I do hate the rant of fanboys about the new DmC but what I hate even more is saying this new DmC is far far better than the original ones! Really?

Oh, I love how people say the original DMC games lacked proper story and had a @sshole protagonist. It's like saying Tom and Jerry needs a good storyline and a mature character. Nobody cares for it because from the beginning DMC has been all about the gameplay! I mean c'mon it's called HacknSlash game for a reason!

As long as they don't change the original Dante character or include repeated stages like DMC4, I will always welcome DMC5 with my arms wide open! Also, guys as a fair warning, please don't get overly attached to DmC because I'm sure Crapcom will screw up something again! Karma's a b*tch!

Nelo The Great

Do people really want DmC2 that badly? I like DmC but I would really really like the original DMC to make a comeback! Oh, I love how people say the original DMC games lacked proper story and had a joker protagonist. It's like saying Tom and Jerry needs a good storyline and a mature character. Nobody cares for it because from the beginning DMC has been all about the gameplay! I mean c'mon it's called HacknSlash game for a reason! As long as they don't change the original Dante character or include repeated stages like DMC4, I will always welcome DMC5 with my arms wide open!
But do you like the idea for the quest for power?

Nelo The Great

Maybe vergil will go around hunting powerful demons in order to harvest their powers and everytime he gets enough power his devil trigger will become quite different.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
All DMC5 will be good for is the bloody palace. If Capcom even thinks of trying to tie together anything from the past, you should be thinking more along the lines of DMC6.

Why not just make DMC into an anime (much better anime) and tie everything together that way.. that way.. they won't lose a **** ton of money when they make DMC5 into DMC3.

I think the combat in DmC, well the combat in the demo, seems really fresh and is everything i would expect from a hack and slash, but more so from DMC. I'm not trying to find bugs in a game or calling Jcing twitchy (because wasn't JCing twitchy anyways) I'm just trying to have a good time playing, and DmC, as of right now, is exactly what i was looking for. Improvisation at its finest. I've been comparing Bayonetta lately and i feel like DmC is a lot more hard hitting and fun and fast. Most of bayonetta's attacks don't even phase the angels, but everything dante swings, at least if their not blocking or if they have gone to some trigger state, will at least stagger the enemy and make you feel like your doing some kind of damage. All in all, DmC2 please. Maybe gimmie a app of DMC5 with just a bloody palace

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Just look at Capcom's track record with games recently. Seriously, they are killing alot of their franchises and a DMC 5 wouldn't be a good idea. The 1st DMC was fantastic but come on guys, DMC has always had weak rather generic stories filled with cheesy dialogue and anime overtones. Like the great Yahtzee's review on DMC 4 "It's a prime example of a series pushed through the ringer only pleasing the oblivious fanboys and girls who write erotic crossover fanfiction and smell like old meat." I didn't like 4 and if Capcom would make a 5th entry I seriously don't think it would be a good thing because yes, I have lost all faith in Capcom and still very upset at them for killing my precious MegaMan. A DmC 2 would be nice to see if it's still as good as DmC is looking. I mean I'll admit, I was rather glad another developer picked up DMC. R.I.P. Resident Evil and MegaMan. Also sorry but screw you Capcom. MegaMan:'(

Dark Drakan

Admin
I have lost all faith in Capcom and still very upset at them for killing my precious MegaMan. A DmC 2 would be nice to see if it's still as good as DmC is looking. I mean I'll admit, I was rather glad another developer picked up DMC. R.I.P. Resident Evil and MegaMan. Also sorry but screw you Capcom. MegaMan:'(

Didnt Capcom say they would be revisiting the Megaman franchise in the future, more news is coming on 17th December apparently on new projects in the series.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Much as I like the original DMC saga, it would be ridiculous to cancel or postpone DmC just to get another DMC game out. DmC is where it's at now, we shouldn't go back to the past, no matter how much some of us, me included, would ratter see the old Dante kicking some ass in an old-fashioned DMC game.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Much as I like the original DMC saga, it would be ridiculous to cancel or postpone DmC just to get another DMC game out. DmC is where it's at now, we shouldn't go back to the past, no matter how much some of us, me included, would ratter see the old Dante kicking some ass in an old-fashioned DMC game.

There are some minority that they want DmC to fail so there will be a Devil May Cry 5. It seems from their POV, they just want to go to their own doom. AFAIK, it's not a good idea after all.

Just look at Capcom's track record with games recently. Seriously, they are killing alot of their franchises and a DMC 5 wouldn't be a good idea. The 1st DMC was fantastic but come on guys, DMC has always had weak rather generic stories filled with cheesy dialogue and anime overtones. Like the great Yahtzee's review on DMC 4 "It's a prime example of a series pushed through the ringer only pleasing the oblivious fanboys and girls who write erotic crossover fanfiction and smell like old meat."

This. I only like DMC4 because of the gameplay. But the story is.... oh, well.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm hesitant in seeing a DMC5 since I dont feel capcom cares about clearing up continuity, answering questions and moving the franchise forward because they haven't used to do whatever games/comics etc to do so already.

They've had 3 games, 2 novels, a manga and a anime to do so and they haven't so why would they start with DMC5?

VergilNeroDante

Chibi Cloud has a amazing point. Im more for the original series indeed. I would like to see Vergil's return, Nero's story explained and Dante's in more depth on everything. Mundus's return, more adventure into hell. If they brought back the original creator of DMC then maybe it would surpass everything. Hideki Kamiya did DMC 1 and had a helping hand with DMC 3, he wasnt in for DMC 2 or DMC 4. So thats where the story kinda fell apart. The original should go ou with a bang, like a really big freaking bang!!

Zarathustra

The Forsaken Offspring of Heaven and Hell
Just look at Capcom's track record with games recently. Seriously, they are killing alot of their franchises and a DMC 5 wouldn't be a good idea. The 1st DMC was fantastic but come on guys, DMC has always had weak rather generic stories filled with cheesy dialogue and anime overtones. Like the great Yahtzee's review on DMC 4 "It's a prime example of a series pushed through the ringer only pleasing the oblivious fanboys and girls who write erotic crossover fanfiction and smell like old meat." I didn't like 4 and if Capcom would make a 5th entry I seriously don't think it would be a good thing because yes, I have lost all faith in Capcom and still very upset at them for killing my precious MegaMan. A DmC 2 would be nice to see if it's still as good as DmC is looking. I mean I'll admit, I was rather glad another developer picked up DMC. R.I.P. Resident Evil and MegaMan. Also sorry but screw you Capcom. MegaMan:'(

I know those feels when it comes to MegaMan, bro. I know those feels... -hugs-

Now in terms of DMC and its stories. Yes. They were incredibly generic in terms of the story. I think only 3 and 4 were the ones that had something going, in my opinion. Otherwise, it was the exact same stuff over and over again, and I will never understand why most of the games' fans only want the same thing over and over again. 3 and 4 had story that actually held my interest in wondering how it would play out. I already had an idea of how it would end, but I needed to see it for myself. In terms of the story as a whole? Well...Capcom kinda sucks at telling stories...save for MegaMan, oddly enough. Now, if Capcom were to do a DMC 5 now? Then let me tell you all straight up for those who keep crying and griping for one: It would be absolute ****. You'd be demanding for something that they would more than likely rush, because Capcom HAS actually been trying to cater to the fans lately(which is shocking in its own right), and if they were to hear about how much you keep ragging and hating on this new DmC, and want to go back to old DMC for a fifth game? I'll put it this way...it would probably be about as great as Sonic 2006...get the picture?

SO! On my side of things, I'm sticking with this new DmC through and through, whether fans of the "Old Series" like it or not. Doesn't matter. It's Devil May Cry, and in the end, it's A GAME! It's not like the world's going to end because it's being done differently, so PLEASE. Stop sipping on that Haterade and get with the program. Wake yourselves up from the deep-seated denial you're so hell-bent on, and move on already. Not saying you hafta stop liking the originals or anything. But you gotta be more open-minded, otherwise, yes. You're going wind up hating every little thing that comes your way, games or not. Man up

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I know those feels when it comes to MegaMan, bro. I know those feels... -hugs-

Now in terms of DMC and its stories. Yes. They were incredibly generic in terms of the story. I think only 3 and 4 were the ones that had something going, in my opinion. Otherwise, it was the exact same stuff over and over again, and I will never understand why most of the games' fans only want the same thing over and over again. 3 and 4 had story that actually held my interest in wondering how it would play out. I already had an idea of how it would end, but I needed to see it for myself. In terms of the story as a whole? Well...Capcom kinda sucks at telling stories...save for MegaMan, oddly enough. Now, if Capcom were to do a DMC 5 now? Then let me tell you all straight up for those who keep crying and griping for one: It would be absolute ****. You'd be demanding for something that they would more than likely rush, because Capcom HAS actually been trying to cater to the fans lately(which is shocking in its own right), and if they were to hear about how much you keep ragging and hating on this new DmC, and want to go back to old DMC for a fifth game? I'll put it this way...it would probably be about as great as Sonic 2006...get the picture?

SO! On my side of things, I'm sticking with this new DmC through and through, whether fans of the "Old Series" like it or not. Doesn't matter. It's Devil May Cry, and in the end, it's A GAME! It's not like the world's going to end because it's being done differently, so PLEASE. Stop sipping on that Haterade and get with the program. Wake yourselves up from the deep-seated denial you're so hell-bent on, and move on already. Not saying you hafta stop liking the originals or anything. But you gotta be more open-minded, otherwise, yes. You're going wind up hating every little thing that comes your way, games or not. Man up
1 never did? I thought besides 3 it had the best story

Top Bottom