• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

after completing dmc4....

w33l33

meh...
well i dunno about the rest of you guys but last nite i completed dmc4 on human mode, and it was easy beyond recognition... i would even go so far as to say that i over estimated the enemies... anyway what do people think of the fightin styles of nero and dante???

i never thought i would say this but i think that nero may actually be better... :\

capcom what have you done?:O

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
w33133 is it that you dont want Nero to replace Dante in the future, could be going that way with all of Nero's abilities and stuff, they could just be nudging Dante slowly out of the spotlight and shoving Nero straight in, if they do then I would be annoyed because I love Dante.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I only played Human mode because I failed at protecting Kyrie during the credits and wanted an easy last boss to do it whenever I wanted to, and got an artwork as a bonus:p

As for Nero being better than Dante, NO WAY.
Without the devil bringer he is useless. If you fail to do it to a boss, you're screwed since it takes ages to deal good damage with only the sword and the revolver. Also, you cannot dodge as well with Nero, while it gives you the option, Devil Bringer uses too much "lock" which sometimes proves disadvantageous. Of course if you manage to do it, you smash the enemy easily.
But Dante is safer, you can do whatever you want and the enemy still dies:lol:

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I think that I can put it best. Nero is the beginners character. He's the beginner's POV into the DMC world, and he's meant for the new players to get eased into the gameplay. Dante, on the other hand, is for us longtimers, who need little re-introduction to the series, and want that blatant out right "Booyah! This is what I love for!" experience we know and love. And the challenege. ^^
They're not gonn'a get rid of Dante. If they do, they will find a lot of people dropping the series.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Yeah Nero was so much better than Dante in this. I still love you Dante but its true. I really expected more from him.

flawless89

I agree with the rest, saying that Nero was easier to play. He just was way faster than Dante.

He'll never be able to replace Dante, tho. That would suck balls. Havnt seen a cooler hero.

One question: I've completed the game on human mode and got two bonus features. what do I have to do to get the others? Beat it on hard? And are there any other secret things I might not know about? This was my first DMC.

Chrysander

I think things are easier with Nero, at least I found it that way, since DB does so much damage. However, I find Dante to be much more entertaining to play as he has more options and combinations. I have been picking Dante for bloody palace, I only pick Nero since he has to be picked in the missions

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
Well i'm a little angry that DMC4 really didn't further the story at all, it just introduced Nero. Now i enjoy Nero, he is badarss, but Capcom really should have put a little more into Dante's story, I mean he really didn't even need to be there almost. Gameplay is excellent btw.

Chrysander

The storyline could be explained in like 3 sentences, it's pretty pathetic I think. The story should have focussed on Dante, Sparda and Vergil I think, with Lady and Trish as more important supporting characters.

Shadow Dante

Give me more power
come on guys!!! dante much stronger than nero, dante has 4 styles and 3 guns and 3 weapons, nero has 43 skills only but dante has 83 skillls
i can beat the first 3 bosses in less than 40 sec in human mode with dante.

w33l33

meh...
SpongeGuard;67194 said:
come on guys!!! dante much stronger than nero, dante has 4 styles and 3 guns and 3 weapons, nero has 43 skills only but dante has 83 skillls
i can beat the first 3 bosses in less than 40 sec in human mode with dante.

erm... fail much??? i beat berial, playing as nero, the first time his flames went out in demon hunter mode for god sakes! and that took all of what? 30 secs if that...

but anyway when you completed the game, didnt think "oh... it's over? where's the rest?"

i began completing demon hunter mode but just stopped to play age of empires 3, i will probably start again soon...

Zato-OW

King
Nero is super easy to get used to and the DB is basicly overpowered. Dante just adds so much more to the gameplay because he has so many differnt attacks styles and guns to choose from. to me Dante out shines Nero in this installment.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
u started it on human mode? wow..u must be a new player..ive been with the series since the begining and i gotta say..im on devil hunter mode right now..i just started playing maybe 2, 3 days ago..im not very far into the game though..only mission 8. im going back through some of the other levels to get some of the powerups that i'll need to fight credo...as for anyone being better than dante..i dont see how its possible..i havent played with him yet in this one but im kinda half expecting myself as soon as i play as dante to say "what the...why did nero give me so much trouble when i was doing this with him?" lol...nero has many disadvantages...for one..he's just too slow..and as pointed out earlier in this forum...without that devil bringer of his..he's useless..the devil bringer is what makes nero a playable character..where as with dante..there isnt just one element that makes him a good playable character...he may have less skills and abilities...but what u have to look at is..they are much faster, more damaging...and lets face it..its more fun with dante..he's just what makes dmc...if they ever drop dante not only will i drop the series..but when they start asking why the game wasnt a success anymore..i'll be one of the ppl writing them only to say one word "dante"

Top Bottom