• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

after completing dmc4....

w33l33

meh...
NERO116;67502 said:
u started it on human mode? wow..u must be a new player..ive been with the series since the begining and i gotta say..im on devil hunter mode right now..i just started playing maybe 2, 3 days ago..im not very far into the game though..only mission 8. im going back through some of the other levels to get some of the powerups that i'll need to fight credo...as for anyone being better than dante..i dont see how its possible..i havent played with him yet in this one but im kinda half expecting myself as soon as i play as dante to say "what the...why did nero give me so much trouble when i was doing this with him?" lol...nero has many disadvantages...for one..he's just too slow..and as pointed out earlier in this forum...without that devil bringer of his..he's useless..the devil bringer is what makes nero a playable character..where as with dante..there isnt just one element that makes him a good playable character...he may have less skills and abilities...but what u have to look at is..they are much faster, more damaging...and lets face it..its more fun with dante..he's just what makes dmc...if they ever drop dante not only will i drop the series..but when they start asking why the game wasnt a success anymore..i'll be one of the ppl writing them only to say one word "dante"

well all i can say to the people who think they are hard, and start on demon hunter: F A I L ! ! !
i too have been with the series from the beginning, and as such know that to beat the later difficulties you must start on the easiest, get all the red orbs/proud souls and upgrade your weapons early on, then when it comes to the difficult bosses in the later difficulties you can pwn pretty hard with your beasted up weapons and abilities

and to all those people who say that nero is useless without his devil bringer, well if you wanna put it that way surely dante would be useless without his devil trigger abilities, he wouldn't be immortal, or faster, or stronger than anyone else, he would be another human trying to exterminate the demons and probably failing

dont get me wrong i love dante i cant belive that we were forced to play with another character but all i am saying is that it wasnt that big of a disaster as nero is a good character to play as and it opens up a lot more opportunites to pwn your enemies in different and more embarrassing ways

i dont think/hope that dante is dropped from any future games as it will be a great loss to the series so i agree wit you on that one, i too will write to capcom and tell them whos tupid they are

aka958

Don't trust people
i started on Devil hunter and Human Mode and i played in sort of a week only Upgraded Dante and Neros Skills even BEFORE i have completed the game i will get the Skill Collector Achivements with boths Nero and Dante cuse i wanna have the game funny still to be Curios cuse i wanna know what happen next thats a very fun thing

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
The worst thing about this is that over time Dante has become this cocky one liner machine and they have introduced Nero who is much more like the original Dante where he has a unpredictable personality. Its like they downgraded Dante to make Nero more interesting.

Gameplay wise I liked Nero a lot more than Dante, he was new and fun. That Devilbringer was just carnage from biginning to end and Dante just felt like DMC3 Dante with a few add-ons. Kind of pointless all round as a main character. I mean you can wrap up Dante's DMC4 story in fewer words than Nero's. Dante hardly did anything worth taking notice of.

I think its time for Dante to take more of a backseat before they make him even more cocky and one Dimensional. :(

sorry I feel like I go on about this a lot but I used to love Dante to bits (yes even a little in DMC2) but now its getting so I dont like him and I dont want to hate Dante...HES DANTE! there is nothing wrong with being cocky just dont get carried away with it.

Top Bottom