• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

About the 6th charactor.

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
I have no idea about the 6th character as it just maybe a mishearing of info but it would it would be so f'ing bad ass to play as Credo because of the way his shield works in his Angelo form. Instead of dodging in normal form he could manifest a spectral looking shield in front of him but he won't be able to attack. I just thought of this.

Ixbran

Smashing~
Bring back my Angel Baby

While I do like the idea of Credo becoming a playable character, I wanna see Lucia come back first.

DavMayCry

Trophy Hunter
It may not be the right thing to do however I feel the need to point it out. Something suspicious was said in the Lady gameplay stream by capcom unity (the one in News and Updates). If you watch the video and go up to the 25:40 mark.. You'll hear the sidelines guy say"but there are 3 new characters dude", and then grega says "four" as if correcting him. Immediately afterwards you can hear jumbled conversation followed by WHISPERING. Note: only three new characters have been revealed. Vergil, Trish, Lady. First ign and now capcom unity themselves. I believe Lucia is the most likely newcomer and the one that can bring more variety than Credo or Sparda.

Ixbran

Smashing~
It may not be the right thing to do however I feel the need to point it out. Something suspicious was said in the Lady gameplay stream by capcom unity (the one in News and Updates). If you watch the video and go up to the 25:40 mark.. You'll hear the sidelines guy say"but there are 3 new characters dude", and then grega says "four" as if correcting him. Immediately afterwards you can hear jumbled conversation followed by WHISPERING. Note: only three new characters have been revealed. Vergil, Trish, Lady. First ign and now capcom unity themselves. I believe Lucia is the most likely newcomer and the one that can bring more variety than Credo or Sparda.
*not so silent muffled squealing with excitement*

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'd like Credo over Lucia. We already have Vergil as a "fast as hell and more lethal than Death itself" kind of character. I'd be curious to see how a character revolving around shield using would play.
Without counting that he would play differently from his human form and demon form.
And his demon form is awesome.

But I doubt Capcom would have made the effort of developing a fleshed out enough moveset for him like they did with Vergil, besides his moves as a boss.

On the other hand he is already in the game's engine, while Lucia isn't.

So yeah, if there is a 6th character, Credo FTW.

But if there are 6 characters, why advertising 5? You think they're saving the 6th one for the launch trailer?

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I went back to the video, and I'm not hearing it, sounded more like "or" to me then a "four".
Not that I'd mind more characters but I won't get my hopes up. And if there is another one, they'll give us Lucia since they already got a template for her.
Sparda is no possibility since we already got the costumes for that, same with Nelo Angelo.
Credo is a possibility, still his DT would have to be reduced in size since he is huge compared to the other characters, besides that I think it would be lazy to have him playable, that would be pure recylcling.
Other then that, there are no characters from the franchise that could be made playable in my opinion. They could give us a completely new character or a character from another series (Sengoku Basara would be a possible pick, due to the stageplay) but that would come out of left....

Viper

Premium
Maybe it's Kyrie, she is featured quite prominently in promo material. Holy, voice-based magic and wrestling moves would suit her. :wink:

Ixbran

Smashing~
Maybe it's Kyrie, she is featured quite prominently in promo material. Holy, voice-based magic and wrestling moves would suit her. :wink:
If they were to include Kyrie, I would love it if they gave her a fighting style similar to Oichis from Sengoku Basara, just holy themed.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

LOL that looks like Fiona from the first Shrek movie.

But no thanks, I'll rather take Lucia at this point. And if she's really in there, she better have the Diesel costume and Mistral color palette.

Still doubtful about the whole 6th character thing, I believe it's all a big ass misunderstanding.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition/achievements/
looking through the achievement list, I'd say no 6th character,since there are a lot of character specific achievements.
Could still be a costume for an existing character, that changes his/her moveset. I doubt Capcom comes out of the woodworks with something like another char so close to release. Besides that why would they want to hide another character, thinking about it, it just does not make any sense to me.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

From this video? Starting at 25:43?

What was being said by Yuri was answering a question saying "There's three new characters dude!...or...lady," to acknowledge whomever asked the question could be a guy or gal. Greg, amidst that, just mumbles thinking of what level to play. That "four" is not a four, but just an "or."

Sorry to say, that ain't any kinda confirmation of anything. We hear what we wanna hear, and IGN is wrong about as often as they are right.

Top Bottom