• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

About Rebellion activation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koemi

half-breed
Ever wonder why Sparda gave Vergil Yamato and Dante Rebellion? why not the other way?

Let alone that, why would Sparda gives his sons a sword that needs to be activated by their own blood? (did yamato needs to be activated the same way?)

Some kinda demonic father love perhaps? :\

ManOfMayhem

There must have been a way Yamato was activated by Vergils blood. The demonic love must be a sign that you must activate the swords with your own blood, then again Sparda may have given reasons that he gave Vergil Yamato and Dante Rebellion as it may be crucial to the storyline. Perhaps something is in store for the next DMC games.

Keaton

Premium
The swords arent activated by the twins blood, the blades are awakened when they first grow into their devil triggers.

Dante was put on the edge of death and so his Devil Trigger was forced into activation, it is the activation/awakening of Dantes 'inner devil'.

Blood has nothing to do with it ^___^

Sparda™

*Stretches arms*...OK!

Rebellion is a weapon consisting of demonic blood for activation. It is the portrayal of Dante's personality. The blade's skulls have a human and a demon one in each side.

Sparda had a rebellious personality and a more 'traditional' one as well.

Vergil received the Yamato, which is a blade imbued with great magical power. Yamato itself can be translated from Japanese as 'Demon's sword', 'tradition' and 'afterlife blade' - all corresponding to Vergil.

koibito

does anyone know if the yamato sparda had in dmc1 is like the activated stage? or if its the unactivated form or if it was just a thing capcom put in there for the hell of it or what?

Koemi

half-breed
^^ DA: but isn't Rebellion also a magical blade? I remember the battle adjudicator (sorry for misspell) in DMC3 refers Rebellion as "magical blade"..?

And Sparda owns Rebellion originally, right? so was it activated back then?? or, he had it forged in hell after his sons' borned? and... why would a father gives his less-than-10yr-old sons an oversized sword as memento?? :\ also about the choice of swords - assuming Sparda can tell his sons' personality at that early age, and thus choose Rebellion for Dante and Yamato Vergil, does that means he knows Dante's gonna be in a life-threatening situation (which would trigger DT and activated Rebellion)?

And what exactly is the difference between activated and unactivated Rebellion except the shape? any strength difference??

^^^ Keaton: [from DMC wiki] "...The blade's power originally laid dormant[5], but through contact with Dante's blood it was awakened.[6]"

(ref.#5: Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Devil Arms File — Rebellion: "A keepsake sword from Dante's father. This magic blade's true power hasn't fully awakened."
(ref. #6: Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Devil Arms File — Rebellion: "A keepsake sword from Dante's father. Dante's blood has awakened the blade's true power.")

Sparda™

Koemi;113084 said:
^^ DA: but isn't Rebellion also a magical blade? I remember the battle adjucator (sorry for misspell) in DMC3 refers Rebellion as "magical blade"..?

And Sparda owns Rebellion originally, right? so was it activated back then?? or, he had it forged in hell after his sons' borned? and... why would a father gives his less-than-10yr-old sons an oversized sword as memento?? :\ also about the choice of swords - assuming Sparda can tell his sons' personality at that early age, and thus choose Rebellion for Dante and Yamato Vergil, does that means he knows Dante's gonna be in a life-threatening situation (which would trigger DT and activated Rebellion)?

And what exactly is the difference between activated and unactivated Rebellion except the shape? any strength difference??

^^^ Keaton: [from DMC wiki] "...The blade's power originally laid dormant[5], but through contact with Dante's blood it was awakened.[6]"

(ref.#5: Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Devil Arms File — Rebellion: "A keepsake sword from Dante's father. This magic blade's true power hasn't fully awakened."
(ref. #6: Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Devil Arms File — Rebellion: "A keepsake sword from Dante's father. Dante's blood has awakened the blade's true power.")

Rebellion is a Devil Arm. A sword which demands blood to become fully awakened is a magical blade, obviously.

The reason why Sparda left his swords to his sons are still unknown. We just know Dante and Vergil had them from their father. Anything else beyond this point is just purely fictional.

And yeah, there's a difference of strength between Normal Rebellion and Awakened Rebellion. The blood of Dante fully awakened the sword's magical abilities.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I though Yamato ment perfect.

I always thought Sparda saw Vergil as more powerful and off then Dante so he gave him the evil sword.

While Dante, who he could save from acting like a pure-blood demon gave the sealed sword.

Sparda™

Bringerofchaos;113091 said:
I though Yamato ment perfect.

I always thought Sparda saw Vergil as more powerful and off then Dante so he gave him the evil sword.

While Dante, who he could save from acting like a pure-blood demon gave the sealed sword.

Nope. That's just an assumption.

The swords were given according to their respective personalities.

Devilishly Zane

Did the swords have a say in this? Maybe Sparda lay out the swords and saw which sword was attracted to which twin. Do you think that's possible?

Sparda™

The Rebellion fit to Dante and Yamato fit to Vergil. The twins' personalities incarnate are their respective swords.

Sparda is a mixture of both personalities, and as he conceived twins and saw their attitude, he was able to make the right choice.

Sparda™

The Japanese language has lots of meanings, but what are to be taken in consideration are 'Devil's blade', 'tradition' and 'afterlife blade'.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
First things first. I don't think Sparda went to the trouble of deciding which sword to give to which son. I think the sons themselves chose their weapons. As for awakening, I just saw it as a way to for Capcom to show us "Dante's Awakening" in a way that not only Dante awakened his Devil Trigger abilities, but also his weapons respected his growing, and became stronger as well with the final awakening being the change in his personality from a cocky youth to a cocky cool man:p

Sparda™

Tony_Redgrave;113196 said:
First things first. I don't think Sparda went to the trouble of deciding which sword to give to which son. I think the sons themselves chose their weapons. As for awakening, I just saw it as a way to for Capcom to show us "Dante's Awakening" in a way that not only Dante awakened his Devil Trigger abilities, but also his weapons respected his growing, and became stronger as well with the final awakening being the change in his personality from a cocky youth to a cocky cool man:p

Sparda didn't trouble himself. He directly saw which sword fit to his twin children.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
No he did not. In the manga, Dante was surprised to see Vergil with Yamato (but thought is suited him) and visa versa. Sparda had nothing to do with the whole thing.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
No he did not. But since I can't make you see this my way and you can't make me see your way, then let's end this here since multiple posts saying "yes he did" "no he didn't" is kinda spam:lol:

Sparda™

It is said in DMC3 that Dante had his sword as a keepsake from his father and so says for Vergil too, and you know It!...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom