• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

a very starnge thing

well to all of u who remember a game called THE LEGEND OF DRAGOON which is one of the best rpg games ever made beside final fantasy and which was out in 2001 for psx.
well the strange thing is that sony the maker of the game doesnt sell the license for the name to other game makers so they would make a new one even tho they recieved a lot of offers for it , so if they dont want to sell it and they dont want to use it to make a game then why do they need it?
its very strange in my opinion

Keaton

Premium
biohazardmaster;150972 said:
well to all of u who remember a game called THE LEGEND OF DRAGOON which is one of the best rpg games ever made beside final fantasy and which was out in 2001 for psx.
well the strange thing is that sony the maker of the game doesnt sell the license for the name to other game makers so they would make a new one even tho they recieved a lot of offers for it , so if they dont want to sell it and they dont want to use it to make a game then why do they need it?
its very strange in my opinion

Legend of Dragoon is a classic staple in the history of RPG's, a sequel/remake/port would be fantastic, but I would assume Sony are concentrating on the more lucrative developments ie. final fantasy, the PS3/P etc etc, but if they are still holding the rights to it I would like to think that the series would be revived at some point in the future.

Keaton

Premium
I agree, but since it was ill recieved by most people its doubtful...the game only really appeals to the dedicated RPG'ers. Casual gamers (incl myself for a time) found it quite frustrating and even some elements trivial until you get into the swing of things.

Well, last year has been a good year for remakes and ports (Final Fantasy 1 and 2 and Chrono Trigger etc)...heres hoping 09 will be better ^_^

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
They don`t want to sell the license, because they have doubts about the buyers, that they would make the game series from success to a failure.
Fallout - good example.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Because it`s painful to see your baby go down the drain. Besides, they might have something planned for later, just dont have enough time to start the game development? It`s an arguable question, but mainly it`s what i firstly mentioned.

i dont know if u can play it on psp or not but the storyline is something absolutely great u best not spoil it for urself, u should better try to play the game :)

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Denatta;151087 said:
I want to know what's the story of this game??
and is there for PSP??

The game is not for PSP but it is a PS1 game and therefore it is pretty cheap.

Anyways I do know quite a bit about the story so I shall bestow unto you a lil synopsis of the game's story

A we bit about Dragoons.
In short over a thousand years ago mankind was ruled over by an advanced race known as the winglies. However this would not be so for very long. A group of warriors rose up against the winglies, they were known as the Dragoons. This war for humanity became known as the dragon campaign, the Dragoons fought side by side with dragons and sported armor corresponding to their dragon, Fire, Dark, Wind, Light, Thunder, Water, and Earth.

THE STORY
(Remember this all takes place over a thousand years after the Dragon Campaign)

Your main character is Dart Feld. The game starts during the Serdian War and our hero is coming home from a 5 year quest to find and kill the "Black Monster" Who had killed his parents and destroyed his birthplace of Neet.

On his way back He is attacked by Feyrbrand, a dragon controlled by Sandora but is saved by a mysterious woman named Rose. She leaves him soon after.

When he arrives in his hometown of Seles he Finds it has been ransacked by Sandora and that his childhood friend Shana has been spirited away to Helena Prison. He soon sets off to save her and is joined by Lavitz Slambert, the captain of the First Knighthood of Basil.

After Dart and Lavitz save Shana, they escape to Indels Castle Capital Bale to talk to king albert who soon sends the trio to defend Hoax, a small town turned into a military stronghold that serves as the frontline for the war against sandora.

When they arrive they talk to the Kaizer (No name? w/e) Who gives them both nightwatchman duty. Later that night, Suprise suprise Hoax is attacked. After Dart and Lavitz dispatch of some minor enemies they are attaked by Kongol. Quite litteraly a giant among men he hails from the thought to be extinct race of Gigantos. Even though you actually win the battle he kicks the sh*t out of you in a cinema.

Just when all hope seems lost...THE MYSTERIOUS WOMAN ROSE RETURNS!!! Only this time sporting a pretty b*tching suit of armor and wings, for she is a dragoon, the Dark dragoon to be more specific. She then awakens the "Red-Eye Dragoon" within Dart's stone, a keepsake given to him by his father, he then in turn becomes a Dragoon himself, then kicks Kongol's Gigantic ass and passes out.

Conclusion
There you have it, Dart is single handedly roped into the Serdian war, and that is only the beginning of his troubles. Between finding the black Monster, saving the princesse of Fletz, fighting your rival Lloyd, and traversing the face of the Moon That Never Sets, you will find your self immersed in what I feel to be a timeless classic. I hope this little tid bit of the game willl entice you into purchasing and experiencing the awesome that is Legend Of Dragoon. :)

Oh and anyone else more knowledgable than I about this game please feel free to correct me. :)

The Da3dra

Master Of War
biohazardmaster;151155 said:
oh no u spoiled it for her man :(

First and foremost:

Denatta;151155 said:
I want to know what's the story of this game??

I didn't ruin a thing.

If you would haven taken 2 seconds, backed up and looked at the storyline as a whole, you woud have realized What I posted barely even scratches the surface of the game.

I could have posted the entire story, plot twists and all but I chose not to. I chose to write up to when dart turns into a dragoon for which the game is named after.

Second for all you know she could have wiki'ed the game and knows the whole story, so don't act like a messed up the whole game.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Agreed with Da3dra, everything you posted storywise barely comes close to even a tiny percentage of the game, to totally sum up the plot, you'd probably need 5 bloody pages in a thread to do it.

Legend of Dragoon is quite honestly the game that go me into JRPGs, and RPGs as a whole, and truth be told, there are actually rumours for LoG2 in the making, albeit rumours, but still, some news is better than no news, because seeing such a great game go dead is a shame.

Legend of Dragoon had one of the deepest and most immersive storyline of any game I've ever played, and was one of the few games I played more than once, and the reason that Sony haven't sold the rights to the series is because it'll be turned from an absolute gem into a steaming pile of mediocrity, LoG still quite clearly sits in my top 5 games of all time, and will do for a very long time.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Angelo Credo;151254 said:
Agreed with Da3dra, everything you posted storywise barely comes close to even a tiny percentage of the game, to totally sum up the plot, you'd probably need 5 bloody pages in a thread to do it.

Legend of Dragoon is quite honestly the game that go me into JRPGs, and RPGs as a whole, and truth be told, there are actually rumours for LoG2 in the making, albeit rumours, but still, some news is better than no news, because seeing such a great game go dead is a shame.

Legend of Dragoon had one of the deepest and most immersive storyline of any game I've ever played, and was one of the few games I played more than once, and the reason that Sony haven't sold the rights to the series is because it'll be turned from an absolute gem into a steaming pile of mediocrity, LoG still quite clearly sits in my top 5 games of all time, and will do for a very long time.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

I feel exactly the same. LoD was one of the first RPG's I had ever played and it set the bar for what a good RPG should be. At least in my mind. :)

yes that game have been saved in my memory forever i think cause i had so much emotions while playing it i remember that i used to play it with my best friend we kept playing all day and we finished the game in 1 week :)

Top Bottom