• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Great Theory of Nero

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
Dante Aseroth;73187 said:
This theory is too weak. Not enough supporting material. In fact, there is more evidence that Nero is Sparda.

i agree...even though there is still little evidence of that being the case as well..what little there is, it is compelling evidence

Sparda™

Dante Redgrave;77187 said:
I'm gonn'a throw this out to all you who take Nero's speak of "I heard a voice" literally and saying "It's Vergil!"

It's probably him being figurative. Often when one says "I heard a voice", they mean that they realized something, or felt something they could not decribe. We've seen that the Devil Bringer EATS Devil Arms(shown after the Nero stage boss battles). It's hungry for energy, and it gets that power build up by consuming Devil Arms. The one exception was Yamato, which appears to act as a medium and stabilizer for the DB. We saw its reaction to Rebellion when they touched; explosive reaction of energy. Oh, and the manuel does not say that the Devil Bringer appeared after Nero's 'bout with demons when protecting Kyrie. It merely says he was injured in the shoulder. Thus, demon wound was NOT the origin of the Devil Bringer. It's quite clear he's been hiding the DB for a long time.

And Aseroth brings up a good point that I have been trying to make known; the Devil bringer Aura mimics NERO'S movements, not controls him or acts on its own. The Aura is HIS tool. If it were Vergil, it would act on its own in the cinema cutscenes, and it does not.

Exactly! It explains why Nero uses the Red Queen as his only weapon, and therefore, not using Devil Arms.

The Yamato is quite a unique Devil Arm, I'd say, plus the Rebellion and the Sparda. I'd like to see more of this interesting things around Nero in DMC5 as well.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Niruz;77190 said:
doesn't he have a normal injured arm at the intro movie, and then when he fights Dante it activates and becomes a bit bigger aswell?

No, actually, it's covered up the whole time by the sling, but if you look closely, you can see that his hand is highly discolored, with red bands about it, like it's an "sleeping" DB, since there's black parts where the blue glow would go. Since Nero was rather adapted with using it already, plus he wasn't at all surprised by it when he revealed it to Dante, it stands that he's known about it for a while, the injury from the demon attack prior to the festival just gave him cover to hide it more.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
Dante Redgrave;78143 said:
No, actually, it's covered up the whole time by the sling, but if you look closely, you can see that his hand is highly discolored, with red bands about it, like it's an "sleeping" DB, since there's black parts where the blue glow would go. Since Nero was rather adapted with using it already, plus he wasn't at all surprised by it when he revealed it to Dante, it stands that he's known about it for a while, the injury from the demon attack prior to the festival just gave him cover to hide it more.

rep+ and a good eye..lol. i noticed that too....although the question is...where did the devil bringer come from? the game leaves more question then answer

Sparda™

NERO116;78144 said:
Although the question is...where did the devil bringer come from? the game leaves more question then answer

I think that the spawning is some kind of astrological/prophetical order, definitely related to Sparda.

Keaton

Premium
IIRC Nero says 'this arm was made...' so it makes me wonder if he has had it..or atleast a version of it, for as long as he can remember. I wonder also how he turned up at Credo/Kyrie's, after all he was adoped by the family, and he couldnt have had the DB as a child otherwise someone would have seen it when bathing him or when he wore a t-shirt.

Maybe he just woke there, no memory of being anywhere else...hiding the DB when he discovered it under his shirt. o_O

Sparda™

Keaton;78399 said:
IIRC Nero says 'this arm was made...' so it makes me wonder if he has had it..or atleast a version of it, for as long as he can remember. I wonder also how he turned up at Credo/Kyrie's, after all he was adoped by the family, and he couldnt have had the DB as a child otherwise someone would have seen it when bathing him or when he wore a t-shirt.

Maybe he just woke there, no memory of being anywhere else...hiding the DB when he discovered it under his shirt. o_O

Well, It is mentioned that Nero did the Order's dirty works, and he hasn't stayed a lot with Kyrie and Credo, or someone that could notice It.

Although one scene I can't understand, is that when Dante comes from the glass ceiling into the Opera House, the prologue, Nero's arm began to glow. He then removed the sling, and then all saw his arm. I mean, Credo ordered him to take on Dante, until more troops could arrive. It is kind of strange.

Also, the hovering ghost behind Nero, is Vergil's endoskeletal DT form, or in other words, Vergil's DT without the armor. The arm of the ghost and the Devil Bringer are the same.

Agnus said that the Yamato was used by Sparda to seal the 'true gate', so I think, in base of my theory, that the fact of Nero being Sparda, has awakened itself with the Yamato sword, and It's normal, because Nero lives in Fortuna.

Top Bottom