• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A bot?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
a bot is a robot, something that can spy, spam something or other things like that, but of you could put it into context then i would be able to give a definition in the context

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
which is why i asked what context it was in, but most people on a forum when they say bots they mean that, but as DD said they can be both good and bad

darkslayer47

well pretty much there will be bots here that check the forum out, and some just join it to spam the hole site. I'm sure there is some bots here.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
there are, most of the guests that are on are things like google spybot or yahoospybot that are looking at all the posts, so that if you search something then you can find it on the forum

Dark Drakan

Admin
darkslayer47;71007 said:
well pretty much there will be bots here that check the forum out, and some just join it to spam the hole site. I'm sure there is some bots here.

Yeah we have the Yahoo/Google Spider bots that index the site and then the typical spam bots that are here just to advertise. We have a system set up so only staff can see their posts though so we can remove them, some slip through the filter now and again but not much.

Top Bottom