• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

3,1,2,4??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
So I guess that guy from the interview jumped to the 3,1,2.4 conclusion because he couldn't possibly believe that Capcom would deliberately make the timeline even more complicated than it already is.

Going by that and a couple of other small thing it looks like they have not decided to axe 2 just yet. Maybe they have something in mind, maybe thats whats taking so long, they are trying to fit 2,4 and 5 together somehow.

Sparda™

Devil May Cry 2 is the last Devil May Cry milestone in the whole storyline arc.

The chronological order is 3-1-4-2.

This whole thread makes no sense. Dante is 29 in DMC4, and since DMC2 is set in the far future, this whole thread's sense drops hence the title 3-1-2-4.

Darth Angelo

The point of the thread is that whatever source you got the far in the future quote from it is being contradicted by what Capcom's director of communications said. If this guy does not know what he is talking about Capcom seriously need to get it together. He is the one person who should know and spread the official order in situations like this which is why it surprised me when he came out with 3,1,2,4.

Just so you know im not trying to start another source arguement, im just saying that the two contradict eachother which is wierd.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zato-OW;189779 said:
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/10/interview-hiroy/

WN: Did you want to introduce some of these other characters?

HK: Nero and Kyrie are the two key players in the story. We’ve put them in a love story-type situation. Nero belongs to a group called The Order of the Sword and they worship Dante’s father as a kind of diety, even though he’s a demon. Nero’s childhood friend [Kyrie]’s older brother is one of the higher-ups in the group, a leader. The sexy Gloria, and the researcher Agnus are also higher members of The Order of the Sword.

Because a big part of the fan base is guys, we always put in a nice sexy character, hence Gloria. In the past we’ve used Trish, who is a recurring character, and also Lady. Lady appeared in 3, and now she’s about ten years older than she was in that one, but she’s grown up very nicely, as you’ll see.

I rest my case. Also this isn't even the interview I was talking about. But he also confirms this again in the last interview for this game.

FINALLY! Thanks 4 the link!:)

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;189796 said:
The point of the thread is that whatever source you got the far in the future quote from it is being contradicted by what Capcom's director of communications said. If this guy does not know what he is talking about Capcom seriously need to get it together. He is the one person who should know and spread the official order in situations like this which is why it surprised me when he came out with 3,1,2,4.

Just so you know im not trying to start another source arguement, im just saying that the two contradict eachother which is wierd.

There's nothing here to start a debate from.

Plain simple. It all goes 3-1-4-2. Unless It's Capcom's Kobayashi saying otherwise, this is the official chronological order.

Darth Angelo

Then Capcom need to get their priorities right. Kobayashi is the first person who should know the order of the series and the director of communications is the second surely.
I mean isn't that like one of the biggest parts his job, to know stuff like this?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
darth_angelo45;189830 said:
Then Capcom need to get their priorities right. Kobayashi is the first person who should know the order of the series and the director of communications is the second surely.
I mean isn't that like one of the biggest parts his job, to know stuff like this?

That's what I was thinking! If he's messed up, capcom should demote him to janitor. But then, he might be right, and this could possibly be the same thing that happened with devoted Harry Potter fans who claimed to know more about HP than the author herself (say whut!?) :wacko:It happens, and it's stupid.
Fact is, fans don't know - the producers and developers do. But then capcom has been contradicting themselves time and time again. Imo nothing is set in stone until the next game (IF there is one) is released and fans can make up their own minds about it then.

Sparda™

He could have realized he was wrong after the interview.

He's the guy from the American branch of Capcom.

Devil May Cry is written and made in Japan. Only Kobayashi's words can tell what happens in the storyline.

There is nothing to worry or be confused about.

The order is 3-1-4-2.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!

i heard they got rid of Kobayashi....so....his "opinion" shouldn't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom