• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2 Metal Gear Solid: Rising News

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Metal Gear Solid: Rising will have several returning characters

Over at TGS 2010, Konami and Kojima Productions have spilled few details about Metal Gear Solid: Rising. In an interview, Metal Gear Solid: Rising producer Shigenobu Matsuyama has confirmed that several characters from past Metal Gear Solid games will return in Rising.

“There is one rumour about some characters in the past Metal Gear Solid series that will be coming out in MGS: Rising,” he said.

“I can’t tell you who they are at this stage, but I can confirm the number. It’s not just one person or one character, there’ll be maybe not so many, but they’ll be several characters that you know off from the MGS franchise that will make a return in MGS: Rising.”

My bet is Eva, Vamp, Crying Wolf, The Patriots, Otacon, Sunny and in a cameo appearance, Solid Snake!

Source: http://gamingbolt.com/metal-gear-solid-rising-will-have-several-returning-characters

The interview video can be viewed above.

Producer Fears Metal Gear Solid: Rising Will Shock Gamers

The producer of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: Rising has said that he was afraid about the reaction the public and the mainstream media will have to the cutting mechanics which are central to the experience and allow the gamer to hack people and mechanical walkers with a lot of precision.

Talking to Eurogamer as part of a bigger interview Shigenobu Matsuyama, who is a producer working at Kojima Productions, has said, “As I create Rising, and going back to the freedom to cut humans, I always have Grand Theft Auto and that shocking feeling in my mind.”

He added that, “I never realised the freedom of any other games. You could go anywhere. You could do anything”, and, “It was fun, but at the same time I felt a fear of what the people would do and how they would react.”

Although creator of the series Hideo Kojima has said that Metal Gear Solid 4 will be the last title to bear the “Solid” name Rising is set to arrive during 2011 for the PlayStation 3 from Sony, the Xbox 360 from Microsoft and the PC.

The game is set as a prequel to the Solid Snake adventure and as a sequel to Metal Gear Solid 2, with players controlling Raiden, who is now half human and half cyborg.

Rising is set to combine action and stealth elements, like other titles in the Metal Gear franchise, but the developers plan to put the emphasis on engaging enemies in close quarter combat, where swordplay comes into its own.

The main mechanics of the game will be “zan-datsu”, which is directly translated as “cut and take”, meaning that players will be able to precisely cut up enemies and then take their body parts and use them to upgrade their gear of even as weapons.

There has been speculation that the cutting mechanics might see the game facing resistance from the Japanese board which hands out video game ratings.

Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Producer-Fears-Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-Will-Shock-Gamers-156655.shtml

I hoped that some mysteries regarding MGS series will be explain, like:

How and where did Raiden met Dr. Madnar?

Why did Raiden change his appearance drastically between Rising and MGS4?

What he has been doing between MGS2 and MGS4?

Perhaps, this game will explain it all. And I hope that Dr. Madnar, Big Mama (EVA), Vamp, Crying Wolf, Otacon, Sunny, Solid Snake will appear in this game, and perhaps The Patriots.

It is rare to see game producers to show concern about the violence in a game, since Team Ninja's concern about the violence in Ninja Gaiden II. Although, I hope that this game will be released uncensored in the West when it is released.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Nice find.It is indeed rare.After all,MGS mostly have psychological violence rather than physical.

I hope that if is a success[it will be,who am I kidding :D] that Kojima will make more Ninja Raiden games.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;276070 said:
Nice find.It is indeed rare.After all,MGS mostly have psychological violence rather than physical.

I hope that if is a success[it will be,who am I kidding :D] that Kojima will make more Ninja Raiden games.

Agreed. I have absolute confidence that Metal Gear Solid: Rising that it will be major success, thanks to it's high quality E3 trailer. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is no less, and I anticipated it with great success.

MGS: Rising producer said that he has plans to make more games featuring Raiden. Look here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/metalgearsolidrising/news.html?sid=6267040

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I still don't see what this is going to add to the overall story if anything.
Raiden and Rosemary began living together, but the tragic memories of his days as a child soldier started to resurface, causing tension in their relationship. He began drinking heavily, and getting into fights and eventually decided to leave her.

Raiden learned from Big Mama, in exchange for the location of Big Boss that he obtained from GW, that Olga's daughter, Sunny, was being held in Area 51, and successfully rescued her with the help of Big Mama and the Paradise Lost. After hearing of Rosemary's miscarriage and subsequent remarriage to Roy Campbell, Raiden became despondent. He left Sunny in the care of Otacon and Snake. Afterwards, he left to wander the Earth. Raiden studied scouting techniques under a Native American shaman living in Alaska, and learned to hunt. He then began work on retrieving Big Boss's remains from the Patriots for the Paradise Lost Army, leading to his capture. As a prisoner, the Patriots used Raiden as a test subject for experiments in exoskeletal enhancement surgery, during which he had his head and spine excised from his body from his lower jaw down and subsequently grafted into an enhanced synthetic body.

With the help of the Paradise Lost Army, Raiden managed to escape his captivity. After undergoing surgery to clear his body of nanomachines and being saved by Dr. Drago Pettrovich Madnar, he was successful in reclaiming Big Boss's remains from the Patriots. The enhancements implanted throughout Raiden's body, however, were too severe to allow him to live a normal life again. He elected to disappear from the life of his fiancee, Rosemary.

How the hell did Madnar come back from the dead? It would have made more sense if it was his daughter Ellen following in her fathers footsteps and she was the one who took over Naomi's research, being the one who created Raidens white blood, Vamps nano's and maybe even the self repairing nanopaste that the Ray's carried.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Oh yeah, Devil Bane. Think this will interests you:

Metal Gear Solid 5 on Kojima's mind?

In typical form, Hideo Kojima has reportedly been talking about the possibility of Metal Gear Solid 5 again sustaining the 'will he/won't he?' buzz just a little longer.

Whisperings coming out of TGS yesterday suggested that Kojima had MGS 5 on the brain.

"Contacts in Japan" reported that Kojima said "he might work with Konami and make Metal Gear Solid 5."

The tip comes from PaulGaleNetwork.com and, although it's another one of these rumour mill offerings from unnamed sources, certainly seems to fit with the legendary developer's attachment to his world-beating series.

As usual this is all despite Kojima saying that he's done with Metal Gear after pretty much every edition he's ever made.

The last time he mentioned the possibility of Metal Gear Solid 5 was back in July when he wasn't sure what his next project would be.

The main Metal Gear focus at the moment is of course Metal Gear Solid Rising, but we're sure MGS 5 will crop up again before too long.

[ Source: Paul Gale Network ]

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=265358

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
...I just had excessive brain damage due to the awesomeness of those news...GO!CODENAME SNAKE...[V]3![Oh,the Rider references.:D]

Thanks for the news CM.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;276081 said:
...I just had excessive brain damage due to the awesomeness of those news...GO!CODENAME SNAKE...[V]3![Oh,the Rider references.:D]

Thanks for the news CM.

No problem. Can't wait for it and MGS: Rising now.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Me neither!Finally a fast action paced MGS.[Not that I hate the others,but here's where my rea; expertise lies.I hate thinking in video games...yet I love RPGs,Visual Novels and Strategy RPGS with a non-revivable cast.]

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;276085 said:
^Me neither!Finally a fast action paced MGS.[Not that I hate the others,but here's where my rea; expertise lies.I hate thinking in video games...yet I love RPGs,Visual Novels and Strategy RPGS with a non-revivable cast.]

True. Since the producer of MGS: Rising planned a series of MGS games as Raiden the star, this even makes it better. MGS: Rising perhaps one game that we will enjoy definitely, except for Raiden haters.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^True...I dpn't see why there are Raiden haters.Especially in japan where the charcter is like...three times more manly there.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Thanks to MGS2, perhaps, where he replaced Solid Snake as the main playable character in that game. Another factor is that many people dislikes him because he is whiny and stuff. Didn't think it is a problem, though.

I notice that Raiden haters are mostly from the West, and a few from the East. But since he appeared in MGS4, his popularity soars, and in MGS: Rising again as well. Still, there are people who hates Raiden until now.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^There will always be haters for everything.The most important is to at least have them base tehir hate on something and make the think about it maturely rather than : "OMG he Iz s0 whiniez!"Like when I first played MGS2.[And that was in my country...but thank god a very small percentage.]

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Yeah. I even found myself a Solid Snake hater in my neighbourhood and thinks that Revolver Ocelot is the real man in MGS. Can't blame him. It is his own opinion, and at least he did not voice out loud his hatred on Solid Snake.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
biohazardmaster;279830 said:
I was pretty dissapointed with MGS4, and to be honest I really hope that Rising wont be dissapointing!

Chances are it will have much less substance and this zan datsu concept will be so rediculous it won't even feel like a MGS game.
Welcome back btw :)

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
biohazardmaster;279830 said:
I was pretty dissapointed with MGS4, and to be honest I really hope that Rising wont be dissapointing!

I hope so too...Im a great fan of MGS...nice game.

Darth Angelo;279832 said:
Chances are it will have much less substance and this zan datsu concept will be so rediculous it won't even feel like a MGS game.
Welcome back btw :)

Thanks! ^_^
Yeah i suppose all that zan detsu is kinda rediculous, and also seems that the game is directed much more toward action and not stealth, now if MGS wasnt about stealth I dont think it will be an MGS anymore.
My biggest hope is that MGS5 will have an awesome storyline, like for example maybe something about The Boss?

Top Bottom