• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your reaction to the DMC5 reveal

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm curious to hear it.

Me, I'm... incredibly mixed right now. On one hand, the combat looks dope as I would expect.
On the other hand... Nero seems to be the protagonist once again, and they felt the need to make him almost completely unrecognizable by giving him a DmC Dante face lift and hairstyle (as if Nero wasn't already disliked enough, eh?). If that brunette girl is Kyrie, I prefer her bland DMC4 version to this cringy redneck-sounding new persona. And to top it all off, it seemed a good idea to them to bring back creepy looking Dante from that very first DMC4 teaser.

I feel like I need to see more of this game, I desperately do. Cause as of now, the HUGE ass hype I felt when the title showed has watered down quite considerably, even though not to the point to feel dry about the game already. At least it looks gorgeous graphically and seems to be retaining the kind of combat system it's always pioneered.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
I can understand if people don't like this trailer very much because it doesn't look like it's going to be like the originals in terms of style.

But I don't care JUST LET THE GAMEPLAY BE GOOD AND MY HYPE TRAIN IS GOING WILD

Goldsickle

A visual representation for my reaction is not safe for work =0

I'm still curious about if they will abolish the "hold R1 to walk slowly" nonsense or the need to lock-on for f***ing everything.
I hope they carry over DmC's control basics.

When I saw Nero, I almost thought it was DmC Dante.
Anyone thinking that DmC Dante's costume might be unlockable?
But they're really straying away from the "anime pretty boy" look.
Heck, they seem to be straying away from "anime"-anything in the visual designs and even the monsters.

And someone stole Nero's Devil Bringer?
With Yamato still contained inside?
Is this gonna end up being a "Vergil summoning ritual"?
I guess this means Nero's gonna have to find another way to Devil Trigger?

Nero's new prosthetic Devil Bringer seems to also have non-grapple offensive attacks, like a spark shot blast from his palms.
Snatch returns but now is a reeling cable grab, instead of an energy hand.
Nero's mechanical Devil Bringer also has a rocket punch move where the arm returns to him (and can be executed in the air).
The mechanical Devil Bringer can also envelope enemies in a pocket of space where time is slowed down, allowing him to replicate the Chrono Slicer effect on enemies.

The Frost's Buster animation seems to be reused for one of the enemies.
I hope the Buster animations don't get recycled too much.
Nero's Red Queen combos seem to be back, I recognize Red Queen Combo A but the final hit is a spark shot from the mechanical Devil Bringer.

The DMC5 logo has a numerical "V' but with angelic wings.... will angels finally make an appearance in the main series?
Also, looking at the art direction and how "darker" it looks, you think they're gonna randomly throw around the "F" word?

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Goldsickle

I think I posted yesterday that what if The Order was trying to ressurect Vergil, and Nero was the key. What you said is making me think that’s more likely, and maybe V does stand for Vergil.

Hmm.

Dante coming back from hell and facing his brother again (depending on if this is after 2, considering Dante’s look)

Oh man...I’m losing my mind!

Goldsickle

@Goldsickle

I think I posted yesterday that what if The Order was trying to ressurect Vergil, and Nero was the key. What you said is making me think that’s more likely, and maybe V does stand for Vergil.

Hmm.

Dante coming back from hell and facing his brother again (depending on if this is after 2, considering Dante’s look)

Oh man...I’m losing my mind!
So they're finally going to show who's making the revving noises at the end of Devil May Cry 2?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
So they're finally going to show who's making the revving noises at the end of Devil May Cry 2?

Well chronologically this is set after 4, which we know is before 2. But Dante looks older, and too much has happened since 4 like the new lady character and Nero losing the DB. So possible chance of it being after 2.

So, maybe...Yeah :)

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Honestly I don't mind if Nero's the main character again, I wouldn't even mind if it were a DmC sequel, just happy we're getting a new game. Looks to me like they're trying to take some elements from the reboot, like giving the characters more gritty and realistic designs, which was an aspect I actually liked about DmC.

So my reaction to this trailer

I'm confused people say It's Nero, but how do we know this ?
Cause at the end of the trailer we can see him getting his Devil Bringer ripped/cut off, which is why he needs the robot arm. Plus the sword

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
you think they're gonna randomly throw around the "F" word?

I hope to God not. I don't want that meme to bust into DMC too, LOL.

But I wouldn't be surprised. Nero was already pretty vulgar in DMC4 after all. In this setting, I could see him throwing F bombs for the heck of it. I still hope not and the cursing, if present, will be more measured.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
My reaction: I do not want to hear ANYONE that complained about the reboot being hyped for this game. They made Nero look like DmC Dante, either that or the dude from Scalebound, but anyway, superfans of the classic series hated the DmC Dante look. Included actual humans and the real world with a more urban-futuristic setting and demons actually interacting with humans, which people thought was unnecessary/a gimmick/superfluous. Gave this new Nero a "punk" sidekick with tattoos everywhere like a darker ripoff of Kat. Removed the "Dante that everyone knows and is familiar with" completely out of the spotlight, and just... generally... I don't want to hear anyone being excited for this if they hated the reboot. And I don't want to hear anyone being excited for it if they read the leak and called that bullshit even though it turned out correct. That's it.

Oh, wait, Dante looks like a methhead hillbilly. He legit looks like he's missing teeth, like they wanted to make the MvCI look official canon.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The gameplay looks good and the modern day stuff looks good.

I like that the city is called Red Grave :thumbsup:.

The new girl is called Nico according to the press release on Siliconera. No idea what to think about her.

Nero's new design made me think of Drew from Scalebound.

I guess the leak was right. We should look forward to Vergil going by the name of V and having demonic bodyguards.

I feel jipped that dante doesn't have a mustache.

Top Bottom