• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your reaction to the DMC5 reveal

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Honestly the only thing that threw me off was the robot arm, it confused me until the very end of the trailer when we saw the devil bringer get removed from Nero.
I dunno, I can see some people having issues with it looking a bit different, but hey, they said the same thing about the latest God of War, and it was one of the best ones yet.
Honestly, this is literally happening less then a month after I gave up hope on this series ever getting a new installment, and all these years I've been saying "Don't care if it's DMC5, with either Dante or Nero, a Sparda prequel, a Vergil spin-off, a DmC sequel, or another remake/reboot just give us something" and you know what? I'm holding to what I said.
The combat looks awesome, the demon designs look great, they made Nero resemble DmC Dante, but honestly I don't mind, it's not a bad design overall. Looks like they're going for a modern/grounded look, somewhat similar to the reboot, but at-least the demons actually look like monsters not robots.

Sorry guys, I got no complaints, soon as it becomes available, I'm per-ordering

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I can SHOW you guys what my reaction was

and here's me returning to the fandom
giphy.gif

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
I am Happy to see DMC Return , But it Looks more Western than Japanese , Have we Not Learned from the Past CAPCOM ?

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I've watched the trailer over and over again and my thoughts are that DMC5 seems to be a big combination of DMC4, DmC and Ninja Gaiden with most of the tone coming from the latter 2.
I got Bionic Commando, God Hand, Metal Gear, and Star War vibes from the trailer. Robotic arm that can grab stuff would be Bionic Commando and Metal Gear Solid V, people fighting over a supernatural arm with godlike powers would be God Hand, and Vergil, the father, chopping off Nero's, his son's, arm is like Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

So, it seems Nero is into hunting business like Dante... I mean, the SUV has the Devil May Cry logo.

Perhaps he's working with Dante. I'm curious about the gameplay. It seems this is bringing elements from DmC ( design for now ).
The article on Capcom Unity is saying Nero and Nico are operating a branch of Devil May Cry. I guess Dante's franchising. Soon, we'll have McDevil May Cries.

Veloran

I m extremely excited. Sure, there are things I don't like. Nico's design is weird and her face is oddly modeled, but I don't mind her personality, though I do think her role could have been filled by an existing character. Some of the demon designs are odd, but they fit the story and we've also already seen older ones around too.

Other than that though, pretty on point. I'm not sure why people are ragging on Nero's new design, while I also prefer the longer hair it helps differentiate him from Dante, which was needed. I would rather they had gone with the original, more elegant and slimmed down route, but I think they nailed what they were going for. The overall aesthetic is also very good, they really hit it out of the park with the neon and reflections in this lighting engine, sells things very well. Nero's face animates wonderfully, though Nico's is ridiculous.

Regardless of the visual changes, I'm impressed with how much is actually returning from prior games. It really feels like a followup to DMC4 in terms of where they're going with the story, and I have no doubt they'll finally flesh out the Vergil/Nero relationship.

Again, all in all, a very positive outlook.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
After the 5th viewing-

The dude in the beginning reminded me of Rodin or Cracker Jack from Fighting Ex Layer. He probably serves a similar function as Morrison from the anime.

I like Nero's look but not sure it was what I wanted from a redesign.

Kinda like his van tho.

The more i see her the more I don't like Nico (hopefully the full game changes my mind).

The sound quality for the trailer I'm watching is spotty.

he has a version of Witch time/Quicksilver? @1:34

there is a traditional castle area so maybe he goes back to fortuna?

@1:57 he rides a rocket:D:thumbsup:.

Nero gets his arm ripped off in a garage.

Dante's motorcycle looks demonic.

@WolfOD64 you wanted nero to look like DmC Dante?

@Veloran which existing could have filled Nico''s role?

Veloran

@Veloran which existing could have filled Nico''s role?
Lady maybe. I'd have really liked Kyrie too, it would make sense that she'd try and help Nero cope with the loss of his arm through a prosthetic, and I really would have wanted to see them interact more. It wouldn't be too hard to have her be more mechanically inclined from working with Nero in the Devil May Cry business, especially since there's a timeskip.

Technically, there's already good reason for Nero to do it himself, he built Blue Rose from scratch on an island where guns were banned. But narratively, I guess that's more limited.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Veloran
I was gonna say Patty because she's only 8 or so when we saw her in the anime. 5 probably takes place over a decade later than the anime so thats plenty of time for her to take up new interests.

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
I was a little turned off by Nero's new character design but I'm glad to see him back. I always liked the character in DMC4 and thought it was a shame that his storyline sort of got cut off half way through.

Top Bottom