• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your own hack & slash game like Devil May Cry & Bayonetta?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Mine would be very much like DMC/Bayonetta.
The world is mid-apocalypse. Very much like at the end of DmC. People seeing demons everywhere, etc.
Only with archangel Michael as the protagonist, taking out demons wherever he goes. He gains 'sparks' for every human soul he saves, which eventually if you have enough of them can be turned into something cool and shiny, like another sword, or a shield, or armour, or wings, or whathaveyou. He also collects things like stamina and strength and resilience for every demon he defeats. For the big bosses he collects glory. No need to gain skill points or level up on combat since...well, c'mon, this is Michael. Pretty sure he's got the goods already.

I'd be going up against zany cartoony caricatures (to take out the gore factor) of people whom I disagree with.

It'd be like Sausage Party, but with even more swearing.
I liked your idea until you mentioned sausage party.
tumblr_lllumr95qg1qd4jmyo1_400.gif

NO.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I liked your idea until you mentioned sausage party.
What I meant was: hyperviolent, but without the actual gore (like Jester bleeding confetti in DMC3SE).

Zack Snyder had a lot of interesting ways to amp it up while keeping things PG-13 in Sucker Punch (steam coming out of cuts from the "gasmask-men" and green blood spray instead of red blood fog).

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm a fan of RWBY so I wouldnt mind being a student of Beacon Academy. You mix in the day to day structure of kingdom Hearts 358/2 days and I'd play a game like that.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm a fan of RWBY so I wouldnt mind being a student of Beacon Academy. You mix in the day to day structure of kingdom Hearts 358/2 days and I'd play a game like that.

They ARE making a RWBY game but I'm not a fan of the show and the game doesn't look that good anyway.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
They ARE making a RWBY game but I'm not a fan of the show and the game doesn't look that good anyway.
I was thinking more of a open world slice of life take while the actual game feels more like dynasty warriors.

But im more interested in the idea of a hunter's academy than RWBY itself so i didnt mind coming up with a new IP

Last edited:

Khailel Son Of Sparda

Im not the Hero you want,im the one you need
How would you create your own hack & slash video game series like Devil May Cry?

DMC was about demons and a half-breed human was born from both races to fight them.

Bayonetta was about witches & sages. But fake angels as the enemies.

What would be yours?
I know this is an old thread but I would have it as just a game like devil may cry but the character isn't magical or anything,he is just some random kid like nero's age thrown into fighting demons and all that sorta like how doom guy was just an ordinary marine turned badass thats how I would want it,and i would want it as no one except a select few would remember him in the end.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i would make the theme so dark you can't see poop..

but yeah, i would really make a dark setting, a mix of bloodborne, the movie mist and dishonored.. foggy, steampunk and almost always dark.. there will be day, but it'll be a lifeless one mostly, unless you went into dark places

gonna have huge gigantic creature walking minding it's own business far in the background at some stage, imagine mist creature or cloverfield

combat will be more of a DmC but with heavier gravity physics to it and 20% faster

main character will be a dude in search for his wife's murderer, he will drag a casket with his wife in it along the game depends on the situation..

main character will be a melee -dual wielder able- and gunslinger

will have a non-playable sidekick, a little girl, likely for upgrade purposes

the world is where a hell gate has opened, and it has something to do with the murder of his wife and his origin

gonna have DMC2 dante as cameo

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I would have a human/alien hybrid with superhuman powers who fights with swords and staffs and all kinds of melee weaponry.

The character who i would call elijah is 6 foot 5 inches tall , muscular athletic build with jet black bair and pearcing blue eyes.

His powers would be as follows

Weapon mastery
Super human strength
Super human agility
Regeneration
Invisibility
Super human speed
Esp
Levitation

Mild teleportation over short distances , no more than 100 yards

Telepathic abilities and the ability to move objects without touching them

Move mimicry , once he sees a move he learns and masters it instantly

Elemental abilities , can conjure fire and lightning and combine the elements into his swords and weaponry

And his true form/alien form which is somethin akin to the guyver but in all black

His trademark weapons themselves would be

Shuriken and throwing knives
A halberd axe
A bo staff
A kusari gama
A claymore sword
Twin katanas
A scythe
Twin tomahawks
Tonfa
And sci

And they are all in a tiny pocket dimension he creates to store them in , so he can conjure the one he wants at any time

His outfit would be an all black suit like a sleevless sneaking suit with pounches for his gear and a long black trenchcoat over it

A pair of black boots and black forearm guards and gloves

The enemies in the game would be aliens with similar powers coming to eradicate the human race

Gameplay would be a mix of god of war dmc ninja gaiden and bayonetta

But in a noir like sandbox setting and an rpg like mission and quest system

So you could free roam

He would also age extremely slowly , i would incorporate that into the game by starting it in medieval times and playing all the way into the present and the future.

Would have a base building style idea for you base of operations

And i would call it obsidian warrior

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I had a idea based on my book. The idea is that you control four characters. You can switch them out on the fly but one is on the field at any time. (Unless you activate a team attack) To put it in simple turns "Red" is the balanced fighter, long and short range works for him. Imagine Dante with a Bo staff if you will.
"Pink" is quick, more of a get in, strike, and get the hell out type. However her combos and speed with a sword would make Vergil blush. "Black" is the slow, heavy axe wielding hitter. When you need to break things he's your man. DMC's plethora of gauntlets has nothing on this guy.
Finally you unlock two more characters. A "powered up Red" who is still balanced but stronger, faster, and has a new, moveset. DmC Dante is jealous of this version of "Red." And Finally the "Game Breaker." This blue haired woman is literally Hyper Sonic, Unlimited Devil Trigger, and Akuma on steroids. Do you want to break the game and feel "god mode" at it's purest? Then pick her and enjoy her because you earned it.
After all her unlock requirements are intense.

The game would play like any DMC but your actions will trash the environment and alter it. Cyborgs taking various forms will be your opponents. I gave you a small taste but could you handle such stylish, sadistic gameplay?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wanted to do a jak and Daxter game but instead of 3PS gunplay i wanted the genre shift to be more hack and slash.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I would have a human/alien hybrid with superhuman powers who fights with swords and staffs and all kinds of melee weaponry.

The character who i would call elijah is 6 foot 5 inches tall , muscular athletic build with jet black bair and pearcing blue eyes.

His powers would be as follows

Weapon mastery
Super human strength
Super human agility
Regeneration
Invisibility
Super human speed
Esp
Levitation

Mild teleportation over short distances , no more than 100 yards

Telepathic abilities and the ability to move objects without touching them

Move mimicry , once he sees a move he learns and masters it instantly

Elemental abilities , can conjure fire and lightning and combine the elements into his swords and weaponry

And his true form/alien form which is somethin akin to the guyver but in all black

His trademark weapons themselves would be

Shuriken and throwing knives
A halberd axe
A bo staff
A kusari gama
A claymore sword
Twin katanas
A scythe
Twin tomahawks
Tonfa
And sci

And they are all in a tiny pocket dimension he creates to store them in , so he can conjure the one he wants at any time

His outfit would be an all black suit like a sleevless sneaking suit with pounches for his gear and a long black trenchcoat over it

A pair of black boots and black forearm guards and gloves

The enemies in the game would be aliens with similar powers coming to eradicate the human race

Gameplay would be a mix of god of war dmc ninja gaiden and bayonetta

But in a noir like sandbox setting and an rpg like mission and quest system

So you could free roam

He would also age extremely slowly , i would incorporate that into the game by starting it in medieval times and playing all the way into the present and the future.

Would have a base building style idea for you base of operations

And i would call it obsidian warrior

I think I like the idea of a alien-human hybrid. If only someone can make something like that DMC style.

But any mythologies to put into the series? DMC & Bayonetta are Christianity-based. Can it do the same?

And why Obsidian Warrior?

What kind of characters would you put in?

A stylish meter put in?

What's the protagonist's personality?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Personality is that of an honorable warrior , with sarcastic wit and dry humor.

I wouldn't have a stylish meter as that is a dmc thing

I would have on the fly weapon swapping though for insane combos , but not seperate styles

More of a main style of everything with bayonettas attack commands performing different moves on the fly as u swap weapons

The story characters would be mostly human , or alien

Obsidian is a shade of black , his true form is black as are his clothes

The mythologies would be ancient human and alien based if i had any

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Personality is that of an honorable warrior , with sarcastic wit and dry humor.

I wouldn't have a stylish meter as that is a dmc thing

I would have on the fly weapon swapping though for insane combos , but not seperate styles

More of a main style of everything with bayonettas attack commands performing different moves on the fly as u swap weapons

The story characters would be mostly human , or alien

Obsidian is a shade of black , his true form is black as are his clothes

The mythologies would be ancient human and alien based if i had any

DMC was about demons. And Bayonetta based on witches, sages & angels.

Wonder if the alien enemies can be incorporated with various mythologies. Egyptian, Aztec, Greek, Slavic, Celtic, Shinto, Inuit, etc.

And the weapons, he can gain from things that space-based & alien-based. What if his main weapon was a lightsaber-like sword?

Think Ben 10 somehow.

What if you made the protagonist feel like Michael Jackson?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Lol no thanks on the mj stuff

And the main weapon is a sword which can change into

A lance
A katana
A kusari gama
A halberd
Twin sci and other melee weapons
And even guns and other stuff

Its a shapeshifting sword based off alien technology

So in a sense one weapon allows him to carry all his arsenal on him

Would also include technology based stuff , like a stealth element using stealth cloaks

And even the ability to take the form of his enemies

I wouldn't just have him earn weapons from bosses either, i would have him learn some of the attacks from there fights through mimicry mastery

Would have regeneration work differently too , for example your health regenerates slowly and you need to be out of combat for it to regenerate without items

But i would incorporate limb removal so if u lose an arm , u fight one handed , if you lose a leg you have to fight on one leg

If your head is chopped off the you have to kick it around to see where your enemies are lol

Top Bottom