• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox to introduce multi cross platform play?

Dark Drakan

Admin

Remedy are usually good at PC ports but with all the new tech involved in the game it was a tall ask. It will be rectified with patches and its performance will improve over time. But it's a lesson that PC ports on this new tech will take more care and attention now.

Ashes of the Singularity for example is PC exclusive designed by some industry veterans and has had some issues with performance on the new tech too so it's going to take a little while to get a handle on the tech.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
problem isn't this. Problem is that despite being broken and unoptimised nobody but microsoft can change it like it was with Dark Souls port. And only because of UWP. It proves that basically Microsoft attempts to monopolise PC gaming instead of improving it. Unless they allow some open modding policy or something like this, it doesnt seems like anything but scam to charge for unpolished, broken and unfixable PC game 50€

Dark Drakan

Admin
problem isn't this. Problem is that despite being broken and unoptimised nobody but microsoft can change it like it was with Dark Souls port. And only because of UWP. It proves that basically Microsoft attempts to monopolise PC gaming instead of improving it. Unless they allow some open modding policy or something like this, it doesnt seems like anything but scam to charge for unpolished, broken and unfixable PC game 50€

Microsoft will be aware of people's opinions of UWP & want to improve it in any way they can after the failure of GFWL. So I would expect these issues to be ironed out in time if they want the platform to succeed as these limitations & lack of features just don't wash on PC. If not then it will go the same way & be discontinued anyway so win win.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Microsoft will be aware of people's opinions of UWP & want to improve it in any way they can after the failure of GFWL. So I would expect these issues to be ironed out in time if they want the platform to succeed as these limitations & lack of features just don't wash on PC. If not then it will go the same way & be discontinued anyway so win win.
Well its no win for people who payed 50€ for PC version of Quantum Break and lost their money. I also honestly ****ed at microsoft for putting Remedy on line of fire. Because they'll get more flak that they deserved only for being Microsoft's guinea pig.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well its no win for people who payed 50€ for PC version of Quantum Break and lost their money. I also honestly ****ed at microsoft for putting Remedy on line of fire. Because they'll get more flak that they deserved only for being Microsoft's guinea pig.

I would still say it will be patched and most issues with the game WILL be sorted by remedy but might take a little time to sort the bigger issues that are caused by UWP. Rise of The Tomb Raider also had issues caused by UWP that were well documented.

Problem is that despite being broken and unoptimised nobody but microsoft can change it like it was with Dark Souls port.

At least the series did rectify itself down the line...

The Dark Souls franchise has certainly come a long way on PC. It all started with a late port of the original which barely covered the essentials and only happened as the result of a petition, and yet attained unexpected popularity. And while the second game was far more competently ported, it was still late to release, somewhat overshadowed by a downgrade controversy, and not entirely ready to run at variable framerates.

With Dark Souls 3, of all these past issues, only embers remain. But as ash eternally seeketh embers, I still beseech From Software to try and support truly arbitrary framerates for their next masterpiece, and maybe not to include a low-performance area—even though it almost seems like a series tradition at this point.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I would still say it will be patched and most issues with the game WILL be sorted by remedy but might take a little time to sort the bigger issues that are caused by UWP. Rise of The Tomb Raider also had issues caused by UWP that were well documented.
meaning if not fixed UWP have to go, before it drains PC gamers empty of their money.

At least the series did rectify itself down the line...
point still stands. DkS first port was crap and fixed by fans. Something they can't do because Msoft headlocks any attempt to touch their holy ground.

Top Bottom