• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox to introduce multi cross platform play?

Dark Drakan

Admin
So what? I hear you say, Xbox & PC have had cross platform titles before so it's only natural that more titles will introduce this feature in future as more developers get to grips with the tech. However it seems Microsoft & Rocket League developer Psyonix have said that this cross platform play could be extended and allow Xbox players to not only play with PC players but PlayStation players too (with Sonys approval).

Rocket League Xbox & Playstation Cross Platform Play?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
there is only one big "but" in there. Buuuut does it implies I need to install W10?

Dark Drakan

Admin
there is only one big "but" in there. Buuuut does it implies I need to install W10?

All parties need to allow it, Microsoft will allow Xbox & PC cross play but Sony and individual developers need to allow PS4 cross play too (which they have actually been pushing for to PC for some time) just involves both consoles now too. With XB1 & PS4 to PC streaming possible too it could connect the online gaming aspect of all platforms which is great news for players who have friends on all platforms. Or people like me who game on XB1, PS4 and PC and would depend which platform I owned particular games on and saves me buying multiple copies on multiple platforms.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
All parties need to allow it, Microsoft will allow Xbox & PC cross play but Sony and individual developers need to allow PS4 cross play too. With XB1 & PS4 to PC streaming possible too it could connect the online gaming aspect of all platforms which is great news for players who have friends on all platforms. Or people like me who game on XB1, PS4 and PC and would depend which platform I owned particular games on and saves me buying multiple copies on multiple platforms.
it still doesnt answers if i need to install W10 for it. ITs cool and all but Msoft espionage program doesnt look attractive to me. Also I wanted to ask, wasn't Ps4 and PC had cross play for SFV?

Dark Drakan

Admin
it still doesnt answers if i need to install W10 for it. ITs cool and all but Msoft espionage program doesnt look attractive to me. Also I wanted to ask, wasn't Ps4 and PC had cross play for SFV?

Windows 10 is a must for cross platform play as older windows are no longer supported. I've streamed my XB1 to PC with ease and took seconds to do it (coming in PS4's next update I believe). Xbox 360 has had cross play before, as has PS3 and both PS4 and XB1 have done it via PC but this is first suggestion of real progress going into console cross platform play over Xbox Live & PSN for a long time.

Also any measures people are talking about being "espionage" on Windows 10 have also been included in Windows 7 & 8 too as terms and conditions for all of them were updated to the same.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Windows 10 is a must for cross platform play as older windows are no longer supported. I've streamed my XB1 to PC with ease and took seconds to do it (coming in PS4's next update I believe). Xbox 360 has had cross play before, as has PS3 and both PS4 and XB1 have done it via PC but this is first suggestion of real progress going into console cross platform play over Xbox Live & PSN for a long time.
uh ok. if its W10 thing, than i pass. I don't want to have it in any form or look. But maybe important for people who play mp games.

Dark Drakan

Admin
uh ok. if its W10 thing, than i pass. I don't want to have it in any form or look. But maybe important for people who play mp games.

Might want to read something like this if this is what you are concerned about.

Windows 10 has not introduced a lot of new privacy changes: most of the things being complained about were already in Windows 8 or 8.1.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm still using W7 and happy with it :3

Damn straight. I don't trust W10. Not because that espionage conspiracy theory but because W10 screwed my bro and friend's computers, tons of compatibility issues with games, they reverted back to W7 pronto.

I don't trust W8 either. I'll stick with W7 till the very end, when MS will completely cease support for it like they did for WXP.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Damn straight. I don't trust W10. Not because that espionage conspiracy theory but because W10 screwed my bro and friend's computers, tons of compatibility issues with games, they reverted back to W7 pronto.

I don't trust W8 either. I'll stick with W7 till the very end, when MS will completely cease support for it like they did for WXP.

Did they do an upgrade install or fresh? I did upgrade install and had no issues at all but I know some who needed to do fresh as some drivers were stubborn and newer versions wouldn't install automatically for some reason. That and some brand motherboards and such had weird driver clashes and firmware issues that needed some workarounds but that wasn't Windows 10 fault really.

Dark Drakan

Admin

Could have been the cause as I know it didn't play well with some setups. Most those issues have been ironed out now most manufacturers have updated their drivers and firmware versions. Though I did have a program repeatedly remove itself and say it wasn't compatible & to install Windows 10 version (which I had). After a couple of attempts it finally accepted it.

I had been out of PC gaming loop for around 10 years and managed to find many fixes for people who had issues. With a little research and a couple of hours playing around I even got many games running on it I had read wouldn't run and people had been trying for ages to get working from Windows 7 & 8 too (which some also wouldn't run on).

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm still sticking to W7. My PC is still rather new, it's not even 1 year old, cost me money from my scholarship and I use it for university stuff too. I don't wanna take any risk for now.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Would maybe be happy on something like this but after MS failed GFWL ( yep had some games with that service and never played them online with people cause of strange disconnection it gave) im slightly sceptical on how MS solve this now. And well forever i would stay on W7 for now since those W10 updates gets now more annoying each time.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Would maybe be happy on something like this but after MS failed GFWL ( yep had some games with that service and never played them online with people cause of strange disconnection it gave) im slightly sceptical on how MS solve this now. And well forever i would stay on W7 for now since those W10 updates gets now more annoying each time.

GFWL was an awful service, hopefully they learned from the countless mistakes they made with that & this leads to more sharing between platforms and gives gamers more options of how and who they can play with.

With DirectX12 allowing AMD & nVidia cards to work together in unison, this cross play deal between Sony & Microsoft could be the next game changer in the industry.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Sony Respond To Microsoft's New Cross Platform Multiplayer Policy

Gamespot asked Sony for comment, with a direct question about the idea of collaborating with Microsoft, and finally got a response though it did avoid mentioning Microsoft by name at all.

Sony said:
PlayStation has been supporting cross-platform play between PC on several software titles starting with Final Fantasy 11 on PS2 and PC back in 2002. We would be happy to have the conversation with any publishers or developers who are interested in cross platform play.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Microsoft: 'We're Ready' for Cross-Network Play

Former Sony Employee Agostino Simonetta (now ID@Xbox European boss) has said that Microsoft are good to go with the cross platform play between consoles.

''Absolutely, we're ready, Any title that wants to update their game to include cross-network play, any title that wants to launch soon and take advantage of that, we are ready."

''We've made the announcement and we're ready - whoever wants to get on board. It remains an open invitation to any network that wants to do the same."

Whether or not we'll see cross-network support between Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for major third-party titles, however, remains very much up in the air, as Sony offered a cagey response when asked about working with Microsoft.

Top Bottom