• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst Moment in Devil May Cry 4

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
What's your least favorite thing about Devil May Cry 4?

I wish Nero got more weapons, and that Dante had some unique enemies that were tailored for his playstyle.

Also, that dice game. Eff that dice game :/

EDIT: Remember to keep it civil guys. This isn't about bashing the game, just about the things that didn't quite click with you.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Where do I even start?

Such a disappointment after the great DMC 3. How do you seriously take so many steps back and get so lazy with this game?

The characters were still basically these bishounen anime cliches and while I love Johnny Yong Bosche I could do without "KYRIEEEE!" Nero wasn't that different from Dante and that's what bugs me the most about that character. He's seems pretty pointless and they really did nothing with him but just create a walking plot hole that even Capcom themselves can't even answer correctly.

Also eff the dice game like you said that popped up twice. The second time worse than the first. Why. Am. I. Doing. This?

tumblr_lvbcz08qCT1qafrh6.gif

Pictured: Me realizing what DMC 4 is and playing it.

I thought Capcom learned their lesson with 3 and were gonna deliver an awesome follow up to 3 that was gonna be like the best one of the series. Especially being the first one on next gen console. Needless to say I probably got my hopes up too high for 4 so it really let me down.

Also Dante's stupid gaudy vegas rodeo clown outfit. Stylish? What an idiot.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Eeww the soundtrack.

Like Yahtzee said, it was like borrowing an I-Pod from the most boring man in the world.

Glad DmC had some variety with the music and also some pretty cool songs. I liked Combichrist's contributions. Got a few of those songs on my playlist. Throat Full of Glass and No Redemption being my favs.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Backtracking. It's pretty much the main complaint of DMC4 alongside with Dante being playable for about a third of the game which is the backtracking part, sadly. Also, stupid dice game. I hate luck-based mini-games or sections in any game. Oh, you want to 100% the game? Gonna have to roll the dice? Oh, you want to beat the game? Gonna have to play some roulette. Oh, you want a new and better weapon? Gonna have to play blackjack. Oh, you want to advance the plot? Gonna have to play poker. Really?! I'd rather go through a dancing mini-game of Dante twerking! I'd rather be scarred for life than deal with luck-based mini-games! They're that horrible!

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Lady and Trish's outfits:
With those two strong female characters coming from their previous games into DMC4 looking like they worked the corner irked me to no end. They were basically reduced to sex objects and not much else. And then there's Gloria. I really wanted her to be a new character, and then they took that away by revealing her as Trish kinda disappointed me. There wasn't a lot of women of color in games and I was happy that Capcom decided to break from the norm...until I saw...her style...of dress.:O

Backtracking:
That explains itself.

Weapons:
I was a little disappointed also that the varied weapons were missing. Coming right off of DMC3 you'd think that you'll be getting at least as many weapons as DMC3. And then what was Pandora's problem? They said it had 666 weapon variations and you only got to play with 6 or 7? WTF?! Yamato also floats in this boat as well. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why Dante has those 2 moves, I think, and not much else. He's come a LONG way since DMC3 and he can't do sh*t with Yamato. And why did Yamato pop up out of nowhere to begin with?

For this to be my favorite game of the series, I could write a full essay on all the things that are wrong with this enrty. Whether or not they had to cut development costs, they could have done a bit better.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Thanks for that. Now the image won't get out of my head...

You want worse? Click on this link. You better have some brain-bleach.

Back in like in the 90s and definitely before that, we had actual dancing. Tangos, cha-cha, flamingo, break-dancing, Melbourne shuffles, waltzes, ballet, jazz dances, swings, etc. Now, we have grinding, twerking, and literally, dry-humping on the dance floor. I'm serious. A teacher told a class about that and how he never wanted to supervise a school dance ever in his life after that nightmare.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I miss the 90s. And the 80s. Hell I'm partial to lingo dating back to the 20s, too. My girlfriend calls me a multi-temporal aficionado :p

Then you might want to watch "Midnight in Paris". The whole premise of the film is about different eras and wondering whether the past is better than the present or future. Strangely enough, it introduced me to Ernest Hemingway's work. The trailer to the film Midnight in Paris.

Edit: Forgot about "The Artist". It's like an homage to films from the past.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh my where top start?

Hmm so much to chose from.

Story: It's story seemed like it was trying desperately to follow every anime shonen cliche it could possibly find. The main hero trying to be tough but isn't doing so well, the damsel in distress not having any real interesting trait nor real development, the REAL main character not even being put into the game as his proper place, Nero's angry shouta noises, Dante not being smart enough to actually stop all this like the badass he's suppose to be, and finally, its too easy to see who the bad guys were gonna be from the very beginning.

Characters: Nero was the shonen/shouta pretty boy wanna be punk who really didn't want to be his own character. He kept trying to be like Dante and talk with all the one liners here and there.

everything else...bleh.

Pretty much, the entire game in itself was its worst moment.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Dude, considering Johnny Yong Bosch and Stephanie Sheh being cast as Nero and Kyrie, people have made comments about that resembling Bleach. Let's see, regular guy gets otherworldly powers. Check. Katanas. Check. Damsel in distress with red hair. Check. Hero screaming names and such? Check. Hero discovers heritage? Sort of check - it's implied I think. Basically, Nero is Ichigo Kurosaki and Kyrie is Orihime Inoue. So... Bleach May Cry? Devil May Bleach? Devil Bleach Cry? Okay, the last one does not make sense.

Hell, there's fanart and a sick wallpaper way too big for here. Said wallpaper here. Rukia could totally cosplay as Lady, but she is short... Oh well.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The title "Bleach" really makes no sense :p

While I do see the similarities, I dunno, I still think a lot of it wasn't intentional. They're both just so very troperrific :p

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
To me, the stupid after credits scene, Lady finnally giving Dante some money(Which means his debt has been payd), Dante showing some maturity near the end, and then they kcik the door and add an explosion that would fit a lot more in a Die Hard movie.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It just wouldn't be Devil May Cry if his place didn't get destroyed by something. In this case...the awesomeness was the culprit :p It was a really corny action shot. KA-BLAM! And then Dante just starts shooting while grinning into the camera >.<

berto

I Saw the Devil
The overly obsessive nature of Nero towards Kyrie. You love her, we get it, but everything revolves around that woman with this guy. I think he leaves the house, and goes to the woods to crap in fear she might leave him if she heard him dropping a deuce. His is abnormally single minded to the point of obsessive, so much so that if she wasn't already dating the guy I say Kyrie was in danger of him.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'd blame some generic writing, but I can sorta understand an obsessive personality like that, considering Nero has pretty much no one else in his life. To lose Kyrie would probably be an insurmountable loss to him. Of course, there are better ways to go about it.

Top Bottom