• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will we ever get a DMC5?

Do you think we'll get DMC5

• Total voters

Grey-Frog

It is worth mentioning that there's no black and white answer here regarding listening to the fanbase or money. DmC is untested and a huge risk: Capcom isn't listening to the money because they don't know if DmC is the money. They want it to be of course but this doens't mean they know it is.

As for the fans... well, that's always a problem too. Fans are never really united on most things. Some fans want to see DmC others want to see it burned. You can't really listen to the fans there or on most things without angering another huge section of the fans.

For example; I've heard many people say over the years for example that Capcom should make the Sparda game... and I can't really see it working out. For me I would hate the idea. I see Sparda as a Darth Vadar type character, mysterious and what little we do know about him makes me want to know more. But to have a Sparda game would be like having the Star Wars prequels, it would explain away all the coolness of the character and risk angering more people than it would please.

I would personally like a DMC5 in the future, which is why I'm glad there is a DmC. It might give Capcom a chance to slow down a little bit and really think about DMC5 and what it should be.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
... Nope since the series is rebooted but still like pop series they can make DMC 5 but Capcom won't be investing in this series if DmC fails

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I
It is worth mentioning that there's no black and white answer here regarding listening to the fanbase or money. DmC is untested and a huge risk: Capcom isn't listening to the money because they don't know if DmC is the money. They want it to be of course but this doens't mean they know it is.

As for the fans... well, that's always a problem too. Fans are never really united on most things. Some fans want to see DmC others want to see it burned. You can't really listen to the fans there or on most things without angering another huge section of the fans.

For example; I've heard many people say over the years for example that Capcom should make the Sparda game... and I can't really see it working out. For me I would hate the idea. I see Sparda as a Darth Vadar type character, mysterious and what little we do know about him makes me want to know more. But to have a Sparda game would be like having the Star Wars prequels, it would explain away all the coolness of the character and risk angering more people than it would please.

I would personally like a DMC5 in the future, which is why I'm glad there is a DmC. It might give Capcom a chance to slow down a little bit and really think about DMC5 and what it should be.
I would only want a sparda game if the original team , Little Devils, worked on it

Grey-Frog

I would only want a sparda game if the original team , Little Devils, worked on it
If that would happen I would be so angry. I mean, I'm 26, I'm too young to die and go to heaven, -_-. Hell, the original team working on anything DMC related would probably make me cry tears of joy at this point... and... did I say that out loud... uh... uh... LOOK OVER THERE!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
If that would happen I would be so angry. I mean, I'm 26, I'm too young to die and go to heaven, -_-. Hell, the original team working on anything DMC related would probably make me cry tears of joy at this point... and... did I say that out loud... uh... uh... LOOK OVER THERE!
On that day i would buy every copy available...not really it would be the second best thing to happen with me and Dmc though

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
A DMC 5 is a bit ambitious, haha.
Although I highly doubt there will be one, since here's the question that's been bugging me: 'Why did they name DmC, well, DmC and not Devil May Cry 5?'

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think for DMC5 to get made, DmC would not have to oversell expectations or undersell expectations.

It would just have to meet it evenly. Overselling means DmC is the way to go. Underselling means neither is viable.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
It depends. Capcom even said that they wanted to continue the original series. But I want DmC to be successful in its own right. Besides, it was developed by Ninja Theory.

But the question is: if there will be a DMC5, the Old Dante and the gameplay will still be there, but what will they gonna do about the story?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
It depends. Capcom even said that they wanted to continue the original series. But I want DmC to be successful in its own right. Besides, it was developed by Ninja Theory.

But the question is: if there will be a DMC5, the Old Dante and the gameplay will still be there, but what will they gonna do about the story?
hmm easy dante traveling through hell to kill mundas once and for all because in 4 you see a sign that says mundas lives and while traveling through hell you can meet up with nero, lady, trish, and lucia and once you beat the game you can play as nero while he travels to meet up with dante revamp the combat system like they did in 3 and make the environments gothic and hellish while the music is like 2's but at the same time keep some of the things 4 had like turbo mode and being able to switch classes on the fly a whole bunch of new weapons and guns, bunches of unlockable costumes (for dante his Dmc1,2,3, and 4 outfits with their respective DT's)( For nero his Dmc4 outfit and maybe dantes coat along with concept art costumes) back to nero's story different bosses that differ from dantes a whole different combat style and different area's to explore, while fighting mundas nero and dante team up like with dante and vergil in 3 while lady, trish, and lucia finishing killing off all the minor demons, keep all the difficulty modes from 4 and just for kicks once you beat all the difficulty modes for dante and nero you can unlock Kyrie and she kicks major butt and to add onto bloody palace mode all characters are playable (trish, lady, lucia, kyrie, nero, dante) and get platinum games to work on it

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
hmm easy dante traveling through hell to kill mundas once and for all because in 4 you see a sign that says mundas lives and while traveling through hell you can meet up with nero, lady, trish, and lucia and once you beat the game you can play as nero while he travels to meet up with dante revamp the combat system like they did in 3 and make the environments gothic and hellish while the music is like 2's but at the same time keep some of the things 4 had like turbo mode and being able to switch classes on the fly a whole bunch of new weapons and guns, bunches of unlockable costumes (for dante his Dmc1,2,3, and 4 outfits with their respective DT's)( For nero his Dmc4 outfit and maybe dantes coat along with concept art costumes) back to nero's story different bosses that differ from dantes a whole different combat style and different area's to explore, while fighting mundas nero and dante team up like with dante and vergil in 3 while lady, trish, and lucia finishing killing off all the minor demons, keep all the difficulty modes from 4 and just for kicks once you beat all the difficulty modes for dante and nero you can unlock Kyrie and she kicks major butt and to add onto bloody palace mode all characters are playable (trish, lady, lucia, kyrie, nero, dante) and get platinum games to work on it

Hmmm.... it may be good but I'm not sure with Platinum Games. They have Bayonetta but Kamiya said that he wanted to make a DMC game so who knows. *shrugs*

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
kamiya made the first one and that one is by far my favorite and if fans of DMC gave suggestions and such it would make for a wonderful game

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Truthfully i'd like a DevilMayCry 5 but honestly i don't believe Capcom could do it at this moment in they're gaming career.

I think Capcom has milked themselves dry of ideas & they can't duplicate the original DevilMayCry formula because if they did it'll be garbage. That's why i think DMC-Reboot exists, because Capcom themselves can't can't make a great DevilMayCry sequel, they would screw it up. A desperate attempt at keeping the name going.

ResidentEvil operation raccoon city, ResidentEvil6, ResidentEvil 5, StreetfighterIV, Mega Man being cancelled.
Long lived series like them & they weren't as great as the titles before them. Capcom has burned themselves out & needs a vacation from those long lived titles before they ruin them even more.
It's like how TombRaider was, remember nearly each year there would be a new TombRaider. Till ever TombRaider was looking exactly the same but the quality was dropping in the process because of a lack of ideas.
almost all the creative people have left capcom leaving the company a shell of its former sell...

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Truthfully i'd like a DevilMayCry 5 but honestly i don't believe Capcom could do it at this moment in they're gaming career.

I think Capcom has milked themselves dry of ideas & they can't duplicate the original DevilMayCry formula because if they did it'll be garbage. That's why i think DMC-Reboot exists, because Capcom themselves can't can't make a great DevilMayCry sequel, they would screw it up. A desperate attempt at keeping the name going.

ResidentEvil operation raccoon city, ResidentEvil6, ResidentEvil 5, StreetfighterIV, Mega Man being cancelled.
Long lived series like them & they weren't as great as the titles before them. Capcom has burned themselves out & needs a vacation from those long lived titles before they ruin them even more.
It's like how TombRaider was, remember nearly each year there would be a new TombRaider. Till ever TombRaider was looking exactly the same but the quality was dropping in the process because of a lack of ideas.

This. You got the fan support all you want but do you want the same thing over and over again? They may like it but others won't. In regards of Resident Evil, RE4 had the perfect balance when it comes to change but it went downhill when 5 and 6 came out. Resident Evil can't be the same w/o Shinji Mikami.

I know a lot of haters (some of them claimed to be 'real' DMC fans) have much backlash against DmC not just the gameplay but also the main character itself. Others wanted to change the environment and the gameplay but also wanted to keep the old Dante. TBH, I'm not even sure if that stint can be acceptable or not. Alright, let's pretend that DmC never exists but if we will get a DMC5, they should put it to work... and very hard. I thought DMC3 and DMC4 are one-hit wonders. But that's just me.

And yeah, Tomb Raider would never be the same w/o Eidos. I thought that Square Enix bought it, right?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I'm not sure doing another nero play is wise given that people didnt exactly warm to him.
well alot of people did like him and if capcom fleshed him out a little more than he wouldnt really a copy of dante anymore and give him a different playstyle im Nero would grow on them

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Since we haven't turn around public perception for Nero i suggest putting him on the back burner for a while. The main problem people had with DMC4 story-wise was that it answered no question(from other games or this one) so it didn't feel necessary.

So i think doing a dmc5 tieing up loose ends would be best as well as giving Dante renewed purpose by advancing the core plot. Nero is more of a supporting role but he is still playable and you will get answers about him.

Top Bottom