• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will we ever get a DMC5?

Do you think we'll get DMC5

• Total voters

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I really hope we get one but seeing how if DmC sells well Capcom won't continue the original series and if it doesn't sell well Capcom will most likely think we're not interested in it anymore. So what do you guys think?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Capcom follows the money. I keep saying.

The issue here is that Capcom won't put the money behid DMC that they would on RE or SF. They will only put forth enough forone DMC title at a time. For this reason we are facing the possible end of one of the DMC franchises, wheter it be DMC or DmC, because Capcom won't risk paying for two.

Noel

Will DMC 5 ever get made? My answer is YES. It's still a popular series with a large fanbase. A sure cash cow where Capcom can still milk money from it.

My question is who will make it? and which console its going to be in? Because let's face it, The next gen console are coming whether we like it or not. And if Capcom going to use all it's manpower to release a game for the next gen, It will be more mainstream title like Resident Evil and Dragon's Dogma. And DMC I think will be given to other studio to develop.

So who? Platnium? that won't happen. They already have Bayonetta. Why would they develop their rivals game? Why would they make DMC 5 when they can make Bayonetta 3?

Team Ninja? That would work. Of course they making Yaiba now which i heard for the next gen console. So after finishing Yaiba then they can make DMC 5, and the game will be release .....on 2017:/ .

And on what console DMC 5 will be release? PS3/ XBOX360? will these console still be relevant by then? Would Capcom spend that much time and money to release it on the next gen console? Oh wait, I forgot the Wii-U. That solve it DMC 5 will be release exclusively for the Wii-U:troll:.

But seriously guys, what you think? Years from now will DMC or hack and slash in general still be popular? or suffer the same fate as Megaman.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Even if they make a DMC5 I don't know if I trust Capcom to do what's best for the game over doing what's best for sales, like trying to figure out how to draw in a younger audience. They'll try to ether make the protagonist a teenager or Dante a teenager... again.

Since Bayonetta games seem to have risen to a new standard, including DmC which has more than a few Bayonetta elements. But I fear that a potential DMC5 would have the same issues and the story would be less than impressive, and so would the characters. While DMC has never been one for award winning stories it deffinily had the characters... well, it had Dante, and I don't think they know what made Dante so great and bad ass anymore.

Noel

Even if they make a DMC5 I don't know if I trust Capcom to do what's best for the game over doing what's best for sales, like trying to figure out how to draw in a younger audience. They'll try to ether make the protagonist a teenager or Dante a teenager... again.

Since Bayonetta games seem to have risen to a new standard, including DmC which has more than a few Bayonetta elements. But I fear that a potential DMC5 would have the same issues and the story would be less than impressive, and so would the characters. While DMC has never been one for award winning stories it deffinily had the characters... well, it had Dante, and I don't think they know what made Dante so great and bad ass anymore.

What make Dante great and badass? who knows? I don't know? Do you know? Dante character change personalities within each games that fans are debating which DMC have the best Dante. So doubt Capcom knows. I do know that DMC have a spectacular hack and slash gameplay and that you couldn't develop half-ass.

And except DMC1 and DmC, Capcom have always design Dante based on audience don't they? DMC2, Dante is the hard and quiet which is the cool type of character in Japan. DMC3, there is a lot of visual kei influence which is popular to the younger audience back then. DMC4 was riding the success of DMC3, so instead having Dante resemble his character in DMC1, His character is similar more to DMC3.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So just bacause we can't put a solid deffinition on it it means Capcom doesn't have to ether? We aren't gatting paid to do it, they are.

This, as far as I know, is the only franchise where this is an issue. They can't keep anything stedy on it. They can't even keep a voice actor around for a single character for longer than two games, much less consistency in story and themes.

In terms of gameplay they aren't bold enough to make any real progressive moves. I honestly think tbat if wasn't for Bayonetta's existance DmC's gameplay wouldn't have been any more than a slightly better version of DMC4.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Will DMC 5 ever get made? My answer is YES. It's still a popular series with a large fanbase. A sure cash cow where Capcom can still milk money from it.

My question is who will make it? and which console its going to be in? Because let's face it, The next gen console are coming whether we like it or not. And if Capcom going to use all it's manpower to release a game for the next gen, It will be more mainstream title like Resident Evil and Dragon's Dogma. And DMC I think will be given to other studio to develop.

So who? Platnium? that won't happen. They already have Bayonetta. Why would they develop their rivals game? Why would they make DMC 5 when they can make Bayonetta 3?

Team Ninja? That would work. Of course they making Yaiba now which i heard for the next gen console. So after finishing Yaiba then they can make DMC 5, and the game will be release .....on 2017:/ .

And on what console DMC 5 will be release? PS3/ XBOX360? will these console still be relevant by then? Would Capcom spend that much time and money to release it on the next gen console? Oh wait, I forgot the Wii-U. That solve it DMC 5 will be release exclusively for the Wii-U:troll:.

But seriously guys, what you think? Years from now will DMC or hack and slash in general still be popular? or suffer the same fate as Megaman.

Well Platnium might make it seeing how Hideki Kamiya was the original creator im sure he would love to make a sequel or sparda prequel and im sure that if they did make a DMC5 it would be for both PS3 and Xbox360 and depending on how Bayonetta 2 turns out maybe for wii u

berto

I Saw the Devil
Actually, hi b#ef was that during hi time with Capco the never llet him work on his own sequels. Bayonetta 2 is the first time he's had a chance to do work on a sequel of his. He wrote VJ2 but he had no say on the games develoment.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont think team ninja would collaborate with cap-com for DMC5 given that they gain nothing from it. Ninja gaiden is their franchise that fills DMC's role in the stylish action genre so their time would be better left spent fixing that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That is true, Capcom isn't one to listen to the fans when it comes to development desitions. At the moment Capcom is facing finacial difficulty so they'll look to sales charts and predictions before they listen to the fans.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
That is true, Capcom isn't one to listen to the fans when it comes to development desitions. At the moment Capcom is facing finacial difficulty so they'll look to sales charts and predictions before they listen to the fans.
their pretty much screwing fans over when it comes to some series like RE and Megaman as well

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I agree with Berto on thoughts of Capcom doing another DMC5 since i dont feel cap-com knows what to do with the franchise anymore.

Fans do heap a lot of blame on the reboot since its a story not connected to the main story and it is a waste since it does not advance the main story which are true to a degree. Even if its that true, i would also have to hold DMC3/4 and the associated spinoffs to the same standards since neither of those two advanced it or answer any questions.

So its not like capcom didn't have enough time or resources to answer them, they just didn't care enough to.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I agree with Berto on thoughts of Capcom doing another DMC5 since i dont feel cap-com knows what to do with the franchise anymore.

Fans do heap a lot of blame on the reboot since its a story not connected to the main story and it is a waste since it does not advance the main story which are true to a degree. Even if its that true, i would also have to hold DMC3/4 and the associated spinoffs to the same standards since neither of those two advanced it or answer any questions.

So its not like capcom didn't have enough time or resources to answer them, they just didn't care enough to.
well 3 does connect giving you backstory on vergil and dante coming to his true potential

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
There's a lot of potential with the DMC series, and from many of the comments on here, I think it's safe to say that Capcom is lacking in innovation for what to do with it. This DmC , to me, is feeling like a "What If" stance rather than a reboot. [And if this "supposedly" takes place pre-DMC 3, where does the half-human/angel thing come in if in DMC 3 the twins are half-human/demon?:blink: ] I want a DMC 5 so bad, but will they ever listen to their fanbase instead of the money talking?

Top Bottom