• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why!?!? WHY!?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Premium
Trish67;126936 said:
DMC 2 did suck. I own but only for one reason. and that is that i can play as Trish.

You'd love it because you can...!

If you beat Hard Mode with Dante you unlock Trish ^_o

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
I thought the whole game was kinda meh. It did have its good points (being able to run up walls, as an example), but I mostly just felt it was way too easy. Also, Dante ended up with the personality of a wet dishrag.

Kaihedgie

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I ain't really fond of DMC2 because it moves a little sluggish and the storyline...well, it really isn't there, as far as Dante goes. While Dante in this game does have the most badass costume to date here, his memorable personality is almost non-existent, and doesn't even taunt his foes. In addition, the only real Devil Arm in the game is the Rebellion.

However, DMC2 has its good points. Aside from Dante's costume, this game also showed a good demonstration of his developed devil powers to the point of actual invincibility as with the case of the Majin form. The game also introduced the Rebellion which would become Dante's trademark weapon, replacing the now obscure Alastor. In addition, it's the only game in the series in which female characters are playable as with the case of Lucia and the fan favorite, Trish, whom actually outclasses Dante in terms of gameplay

So I guess it's not ALL bad. People just like to jump on the bandwagon of disliking DMC2 in order to up their egos and have people praise them for an opinion they really don't have in the first place.

ManOfMayhem

Rep+ for that!^^^

I lost my DMC 2 game but I never got up to playing as Lucia or Trish.
Is their game play better than Dante?

The Da3dra

Master Of War
I have a confession....I never played any DMC game till last year O_O... I remember when it came out, I had tried the demo for DMC1 and was all "OMG THIS GAME IS LIKE THE UBER SEX!!! LOOK AT THIS, I CAN BEAT ENEMIES INTO THE AIR THEN JUGGLE THEM WITH PURE !!!

danterape.jpg

But at the time i didnt own a ps2 so its not like i could play them. anyways im straying off topic.

Now i have played all four games and can say, that when not compared to the other games it really isnt that bad. running up walls is pretty fun and seeing dante be able to become completely unstoppable is pretty bad ass.

And who here is going to say that they don't like the "doesnt say much but can kick ur ass with a tea cup" anti hero, like Riddick ,Blade, or the Terminator? and to be honest i dont really want an answer to that.

all in all i guess the only reason most people rag on it is because it isn't like the other DMC games, Capcom (although not the same team) tried to make Dante into a hard ass, and to also make him more grown up. but this image of dante was ultimately reject by the majority of dmc fans.(key word here is majority) which is actually pretty funny considering that "Changes from the first game were influenced by surveys distributed by the development team, allowing them to patch any areas identified as weak by the people surveyed"

personally i like dante in all the other games because he is extremely cocky and funny. however I like dante in DMC2, perhaps even more so than the other games, because of just how dark they made him.

OK I'm redy to be crucified now for what i think. Send me hate mail and replies to the thread that say im a retard and that playing chicken with traffic is more fun than this game. LOL

--Nelo Angelo--

because they wanted to try something differnet but their choice wasn't so good at all, their changes were not pleasurable, the gameplay is not so exciting as the moves are not sensational and the plot isn't so brilliant as we had got used from the previous DMC

Trish67;126936 said:
DMC 2 did suck. I own but only for one reason. and that is that i can play as Trish.

Yeah just playing as Trish is a reason to buy it, but even if there wasn't Trsh i would buy it either cause i collect avery thing that has to do with DMC

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Could you people just take a little of your precious time to go and look and the forum's rules before posting?;)

There's a rule that will not allow threads with no new posts for a long time to be "revived" again. And 3 months is a long time, so thread locked^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom