• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why!?!? WHY!?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Valentine

[ It Penetrates ]
Wikipedia is your friend,

Despite the success of the original Devil May Cry, the sequel was not created by Hideki Kamiya or Capcom Production Studio 4. The first notice Kamiya's team was given about any sort of sequel occurred during localization of Devil May Cry in North America and Europe, a move which greatly surprised Kamiya. Since the game's release, Kamiya has expressed disappointment that he was not called on by his superiors at Capcom to direct Devil May Cry 2.

Instead, the sequel was granted to Capcom Production Studio 1 and Hideaki Itsuno, the team responsible for Capcom VS SNK 2. According to producer Tsuyoshi Tanaka, the thrust of the design was to make Devil May Cry 2 bigger than its predecessor; Tanaka estimated that the game's environments were approximately nine times as large as the first. The emphasis on puzzles was also downplayed, with the camera system revamped to allow for better action scenes. Changes from the first game were influenced by surveys distributed by the development team, allowing them to patch any areas identified as weak by the people surveyed. The addition of Lucia as a playable character was a response to player complaints that Trish was not playable in the first Devil May Cry.

Koemi

half-breed
guys and gals, so far I am astonished by the style of gameplay of DMC series, but I have only played 4, 3 and a bit of 1. Just exactly how bad is 2? I am intimidated to play 2 coz I don't really want it to ruin the supreme status of DMC in my mind.

ManOfMayhem

Well it is very bad compared to all the others. You can still get it if you like and Capcoms best team wasnt put to the test to make this game just use wikipedia it is your friend.

Angel Valentine

[ It Penetrates ]
guys and gals, so far I am astonished by the style of gameplay of DMC series, but I have only played 4, 3 and a bit of 1. Just exactly how bad is 2? I am intimidated to play 2 coz I don't really want it to ruin the supreme status of DMC in my mind.
Well, I didn't like 2 that's for sure xD But everyone has their own opinions so it'd be nice if you could try it first for yourself ^^;;;

Buuuuuuuut, like it says on Wikipedia, the levels themselves in 2 are twice as big as they were in 1, but they were bland and had half as much detail (they went with quantity over quality obviously).

Dante himself is........boring. Very boring. He only has like, one or 2 good lines tops throughout the whole game. It's kinda like he's sleep walking through the whole thing :/ The weapons were boring too, little to no variation.

I did actually like Lucia though :x *waits to be shot* I thought I'd hate her but........I didn't? xD Can't say I like her transformation though...still looks like a chicken to me xDD

quiksilvershado

Dodge this!!!
DMC2 was ok, but it was too easy, the enemies hardly attacked. But Lucia was fun too play as, just because she used different moves and weapons to Dante.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I loved DMC2.
People rag on it too (like when ppl ragged on Dirge of Cerebus). Its ight. Better than 1 & 3, not better than 4.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Geez. Bringer and DA read those friendly, lovely rules.

If you notice there is one of them saying:

Please do not request thread closures/moves as it is the decision of the staff to moderate posts and threads, not the members.

So all you did was spam. Troll or whatever the discusion here goes pretty well and you have no right to say stuff like those.

@Esura, ignore them:p

As usual I don't want any further mention of this. Carry on people.

As for DMC2. The fact that it was way different than the other games - in both terms of gameply and story etc. - made the fans feel kinda betrayed as they expected something else.

But the game is nice. It's just not your typical Devil May Cry game. And about Dirge of Cerberus, I love it:lol:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Then they still have life if they keep popping up ;)

Never played DMC2 - and have no desire to - but if anyone wants to get a good idea of how great or crap any game is, then they have to actually play it themselves and form their own independent opinion rather than the horrendous mess that is Wikipedia or the views of others. Sure, it helps to get an idea of why something is despised by so many but as each person is different it may be a game which has elements you thoroughly enjoy. If not, at least you worked that out for yourself.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
And about the fact that some threads have been discussed many times:

That is true, and "veterans" may be bored to discuss them all over again. However there are always new people to the DMC series so they want (just like we did in the past) discuss stuff that seem interesting to them. Old members getting all like "we've discussed that already" only makes the forum look like it rejects new people, which it doesn't. So advice:
You like a thread?Great. Go in and discuss with your fellow members.
You dislike a thread?Great. Ignore it forever:p

aka958

Don't trust people
You got a point. People can't just walk in to a discussion and say i've already talked about that... when they didn't even talk to you... if it is a question for all... why even say anything if you already talked about it? why destroy for others by saying that?

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I wasn't saying he shouldn't post the thread.
What I was touching on was the manner in which posted it.

WHY did this game suck so much harder compaired to the others

^Seems very trollish to me.

Next time can say what he means in a way where it looks like he remotely put some thought into it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I don't think it's trollish considering it's seems to be the vast majority thought on DMC2. If anything, it's trying to appeal to the nature of those who would agree that DMC2 sucks.

but anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom