• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WHY do you want a DMC5 for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Yeah, and just to think they put Dante in MvsC3 to promote DMC and it only made him more infamous.
Rumours at time said DmC was pushed foward after the MvsC fandom's reaction to DMC characters.

And Trish doesn't only poke fun at LIIIIGHT quote, she pokes fun to the fact she looks like Dante's mother and how weird the situation is.
Check their forums to see what is said about them.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
that would have worked if they started out doing that. but they didn't. they made the damn series about dante and then they just up and clone him. don't clone. if you gonna do something different...DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. NEW POSSIBILITIES...jeez.

AND HEY!!! 80's cliche + anime cliche= badass overload.

but a game with just trish would be boss...ass...demon ass...

Wouldn't the same apply to Infamous: Second Son. We've had like 2 games (was it 2) featuring Cole and was primarily about him but Second Son up and replaces him with his son.

DMC2 wasn't really about Dante, sure his face was on the cover and he had the longer campaign but Lucia's side of the story played more relevance compared to Dante's.

Plus Nero isn't a clone of Dante, they're similar and they look alike due to them being related but in terms of characteristics Dante doesn't throw hissyfits, get reckless, cry......A LOT, nor is Dante sardonic or even rude (he can be a prick to others but its genuine sarcasm or playfulness rather than actual mean intent like giving someone the finger), nor is he vulgar, or extremely violent.

The only aspects they share is that they can both be cocky and taunt their opponents but that is meant to create familiarity or tradition (there is a taunt button in DMC so having a character who is cocky and likes to taunt their opponents makes sense). I mean Vergil shares similarities to Dante and so does Trish...as well as Lady. I mean there is a reason why Dante in DmC behaves a lot alike to DMC3 Dante....or Nero.

Nero is different from Dante due to his upbringings, backstory, and history as well as role in story and there is a lot of new possibilities they can take with him that you can't take with Dante since we did everything with Dante and know everything about him. Granted a Sparda game or taking the series in a direction with Sparda could prove far better albiet a bit predictable.

Plus Dante is too overpowered now, we need someone who isn't to bring back the feeling of conflict and growth that DMC1 and DMC3 and even DmC had.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Wouldn't the same apply to Infamous: Second Son. We've had like 2 games (was it 2) featuring Cole and was primarily about him but Second Son up and replaces him with his son.

DMC2 wasn't really about Dante, sure his face was on the cover and he had the longer campaign but Lucia's side of the story played more relevance compared to Dante's.

Plus Nero isn't a clone of Dante, they're similar and they look alike due to them being related but in terms of characteristics Dante doesn't throw hissyfits, get reckless, cry......A LOT, nor is Dante sardonic or even rude (he can be a prick to others but its genuine sarcasm or playfulness rather than actual mean intent like giving someone the finger), nor is he vulgar, or extremely violent.

The only aspects they share is that they can both be cocky and taunt their opponents but that is meant to create familiarity or tradition (there is a taunt button in DMC so having a character who is cocky and likes to taunt their opponents makes sense). I mean Vergil shares similarities to Dante and so does Trish...as well as Lady. I mean there is a reason why Dante in DmC behaves a lot alike to DMC3 Dante....or Nero.

Nero is different from Dante due to his upbringings, backstory, and history as well as role in story and there is a lot of new possibilities they can take with him that you can't take with Dante since we did everything with Dante and know everything about him. Granted a Sparda game or taking the series in a direction with Sparda could prove far better albiet a bit predictable.

Plus Dante is too overpowered now, we need someone who isn't to bring back the feeling of conflict and growth that DMC1 and DMC3 and even DmC had.

with games like infamous and prototype, you can do that. because they either don't have characters that we've seen though like 4 games or they aren't dead. therefore, the situation is different.
but then nero (and this is just me)...nero is just dante but he traded the leather fetish for a denim fetish. they act the same. i'd actually venture to say that nero is more so dante's son than he is vergil's. only difference is that nero has DmC dante's heart and a devil bringer.
but i can still see your point

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
with games like infamous and prototype, you can do that. because they either don't have characters that we've seen though like 4 games or they aren't dead. therefore, the situation is different.
but then nero (and this is just me)...nero is just dante but he traded the leather fetish for a denim fetish. they act the same. i'd actually venture to say that nero is more so dante's son than he is vergil's. only difference is that nero has DmC dante's heart and a devil bringer.
but i can still see your point

..............What???

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
..............What???

that got a little jumbled. long explanation smashed into a dick face sandwich served with a side of dildos: we've gone through some pretty heavy **** with dante. we are connected with dante (yes...even that retard in DMC3 and obnoxious uncle in DMC4). and not just that, he's made cameos in countless other games. cole died. in total he was only in 3 games. we love him but he's not like dante. thats why he's so easily (and i hesitate to use this word) replaceable. same with the prototype games

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
that got a little jumbled. long explanation smashed into a **** face sandwich served with a side of dildos: we've gone through some pretty heavy **** with dante. we are connected with dante (yes...even that retard in DMC3 and obnoxious uncle in DMC4). and not just that, he's made cameos in countless other games. cole died. in total he was only in 3 games. we love him but he's not like dante. thats why he's so easily (and i hesitate to use this word) replaceable. same with the prototype games

Technically 3 games for Dante if they tried to replace him in the 4th game.

Also, wouldn't that mean that DmC was a d*ck move or better yet a worst move than Nero and DMC4 replacing the games and Dante we got accustomed to?

So if Dante was irreplaceable and we are so connected to DMC and its characters you too should feel offended by DmC as well at least Dante was still involved in DMC4 and we still saw him.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Technically 3 games for Dante if they tried to replace him in the 4th game.

Also, wouldn't that mean that DmC was a d*ck move or better yet a worst move than Nero and DMC4 replacing the games and Dante we got accustomed to?

So if Dante was irreplaceable and we are so connected to DMC and its characters you too should feel offended by DmC as well at least Dante was still involved in DMC4 and we still saw him.

the way i see it, DmC dante is just an 80's movie cliche version of DMC3 dante...who's pretty much a 90's anime cliche...so they both feel the same to me. vergil was only in 1 game so i really couldn't care less because his character to me seemed to be an after thought after DMC3

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
the way i see it, DmC dante is just an 80's movie cliche version of DMC3 dante...who's pretty much a 90's anime cliche...so they both feel the same to me. vergil was only in 1 game so i really couldn't care less because his character to me seemed to be an after thought after DMC3

He was in 2 games (as Nelo Angelo in DMC1) technically 3 if you count that spirit that hover above Nero as Vergil's soul.

The way I see it, DmC Dante and DmC is meant to replace DMC and the old Dante. They may act similar but in different strides but DmC Dante is a different character for he shares very little aspects to OG Dante and has his own back story and origins therefore and since its an AU (alternate universe) with his own way of doing things.

This

DMC-Dantes.png

Is not this

Dante_DMC1.png
Dante_3_DMC1a.gif

So thus DmC Dante is trying to replace Dante in a much larger degree that Nero can ever could unless the old Dante could travel universes and somehow end up in the DmC universe.

Same sh*t just much worse.

Also, Dante in DMC3 was inspired by a 80s/90s America rock artist (forgot his name though and his band) especially in terms of design and his party boy attitude and this scene.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
He was in 2 games (as Nelo Angelo in DMC1) technically 3 if you count that spirit that hover above Nero as Vergil's soul.

The way I see it, DmC Dante and DmC is meant to replace DMC and the old Dante. They may act similar but in different strides but DmC Dante is a different character for he shares very little aspects to OG Dante and has his own back story and origins therefore and since its an AU (alternate universe) with his own way of doing things.

This

DMC-Dantes.png

Is not this

Dante_DMC1.png
Dante_3_DMC1a.gif

So thus DmC Dante is trying to replace Dante in a much larger degree that Nero can ever could unless the old Dante could travel universes and somehow end up in the DmC universe.

Same sh*t just much worse.

Also, Dante in DMC3 was inspired by a 80s/90s America rock artist (forgot his name though and his band) especially in terms of design and his party boy attitude and this scene.

DMC3 dante feels a bit too...out there...most likely some mainstream rockband (jesus **** tart i sound like a hipster). but so does DmC dante. he feels a lot like sid vicious from sex pistols to me

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
DMC3 dante feels a bit too...out there...most likely some mainstream rockband (jesus **** tart i sound like a hipster). but so does DmC dante. he feels a lot like sid vicious from sex pistols to me

Another reason why there's the Union Jack on DmC Dante's coat is his representation of UK Punk movement.

That's like saying DMC1 Dante replaced DMC3 Dante. Many people forgot that DMC1 Dante is the base of all the "Dantes" that come after him. Because of this, the DMC1 purists existed, even saying any "Dante" that came after DMC1 Dante "isn't Dante"; they must have grown too attached to that Dante only, even the one from the novels, since Kamiya made it. So to say DmC Dante replaces DMC Dante is like saying DMC3 Dante replaces DMC1 Dante, which I am sad to know.

Why I said that? It's because I get what Hideki Kamiya said in his past tweets regarding "Dante has changed". When he said that, in his view, Dante has always changed since DMC2, and that he was always different from the one he made, Dante has always been interpreted differently ever since DMC2. So yeah, I don't care if he gets interpreted differently as long as his cocky attitude (which includes mouthing off against his opponents and says something cool to his compatriots), wields a sword named Rebellion, and twin guns named Ebony & Ivory remain, not to mention him kicking serious demon asses!

Let others do as they please so that others can let us do as we please!

Why I said that? It's because I get what Hideki Kamiya said in his past tweets regarding "Dante has changed". When he said that, in his view, Dante has always changed since DMC2, and that he was always different from the one he made, Dante has always been interpreted differently ever since DMC2. So yeah, I don't care if he gets interpreted differently as long as his cocky attitude (which includes mouthing off against his opponents and says something cool to his compatriots), wields a sword named Rebellion, and twin guns named Ebony & Ivory remain, not to mention him kicking serious demon asses!

Let others do as they please so that others can let us do as we please!

This is like saying being a cosplayer counts as the person being the character in reality just because they dress and act like their favourite character,which they aren't.They can't be the same person because they don't look the same and aren't basically that person in reality.

I tend to take these Dantes as different with every game that is released,it'd say it's because of these years of changing that Dante has been through (the development in Dante's personality has been destroyed somehow by DMC4 Dante xD I'd like to take it as a normal day in his life since he became more powerful,though his behaviour was a little bit exagerrated,he acted like his old DMC3 self looking more mature,this is the only excuse I can figure out).

Since DmC Dante wasn't recognizable at first we couldn't say he was the original Dante,because his looks were different,and his attitude also slightly different. To me he was a new character with a new background story and attitude.(Same was going with DMC2 Dante for me,only his attitude was different though).
A person can't be the same with another one if they don't look the same,don't have the same past story,don't share the same characteristics and thinking.They're basically someone else. So is DmC Dante to me.

Just because he lately shares characteristics of the classic one,some still might not take him as good old Dante,because people tend not to identify him with the one they like,be it because they don't like his attitude,attire,look,talking etc. ,I think this is the barrier that blocks them from taking him as the original one.

There are also the purists ones as you said who don't identify the other Dantes as DMC1 Dante,same goes with them,but it was still Dante because of the original story line and development of the character.

We can't say for sure how Vergil was before his mother's death,though in that scene from DMC1 he seemed a light-hearted kid,so I guess if Nero was to see his parents being killed and not being able to do anything about it then he would become like Vergil too. Not to add Nero has some serious anger issues and takes some situations more seriously than Dante does,just look at how he reacted when he was fighting against Dante.Vergil is angry too in DMC3 in the second fight with him. So I'd say they're quite similar,but one had less to experience.On the other hand he acts like young Dante,so I'd say it's his age that has to do with it and the fact he doesn't have any purpose or goal in life,so he's careless.

Weird,but he's like a combination between Dante and Vergil.:ermm: It's not like kids have to be a copy of their parents,especially if they're young and careless.

MigsRZXAStylish

This is like saying being a cosplayer counts as the person being the character in reality just because they dress and act like their favourite character,which they aren't.They can't be the same person because they don't look the same and aren't basically that person in reality.

I tend to take these Dantes as different with every game that is released,it'd say it's because of these years of changing that Dante has been through (the development in Dante's personality has been destroyed somehow by DMC4 Dante xD I'd like to take it as a normal day in his life since he became more powerful,though his behaviour was a little bit exagerrated,he acted like his old DMC3 self looking more mature,this is the only excuse I can figure out).

Since DmC Dante wasn't recognizable at first we couldn't say he was the original Dante,because his looks were different,and his attitude also slightly different. To me he was a new character with a new background story and attitude.(Same was going with DMC2 Dante for me,only his attitude was different though).
A person can't be the same with another one if they don't look the same,don't have the same past story,don't share the same characteristics and thinking.They're basically someone else. So is DmC Dante to me.

Just because he lately shares characteristics of the classic one,some still might not take him as good old Dante,because people tend not to identify him with the one they like,be it because they don't like his attitude,attire,look,talking etc. ,I think this is the barrier that blocks them from taking him as the original one.

There are also the purists ones as you said who don't identify the other Dantes as DMC1 Dante,same goes with them,but it was still Dante because of the original story line and development of the character.

This is why I agree with you there MephistoCarnival! Everything, mostly on taking these "Dantes" as different.
The reason why I put the name in quotes is because Kamiya's tweet regarding "Dante has changed" really made pure sense now!

So if Kamiya and the rest of Platinum are the ones making DMC5, then there is a chance he will make a different interpretation of Dante, but very close to how he interpreted him in the very first place!

IncarnatedDemon

There is no such thing as dmc1 purists.
Only people like me who wish dmc had continued with Team Little Devils.

For a game that was a RE sequel to begin with, it sure turned out quite sad and emotional.
I get sad everytime i view the ending of dmc1 when credits roll,
at end the amulet, and Eva's picture in a frame is shown, while the song "Seeds of Love" is played.
Gets me all emotional :'(

*i pretend something was in my eye*
As i was saying...Team little Devils yeah.

This is why I agree with you there MephistoCarnival! Everything, mostly on taking these "Dantes" as different.
The reason why I put the name in quotes is because Kamiya's tweet regarding "Dante has changed" really made pure sense now!

So if Kamiya and the rest of Platinum are the ones making DMC5, then there is a chance he will make a different interpretation of Dante, but very close to how he interpreted him in the very first place!

Right. And this is why I hope he makes the next DMC game with the original Dante from DMC1 :D
I'd be so happy to see a new DMC for this generation of video games.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i would be interested in a DMC5...but i'm very afraid to see what it would be like. take MoS for example. after superman returns hit theaters all people did was complain about this and that. and i think that the only thing studios were hearing was "we want more action, we don't want anything like superman returns ever again". which is strange because superman returns hit on alot of points that superman was. and i feel like a DMC5 will be a direct response to DmC. which means, the dark nature of dante will be completely wiped away, dante will be more ruthless. there will be an over sexualized female assistant. there will be less emotion. and i feel that if we don't like DMC5, we will have nobody to blame but ourselves

MigsRZXAStylish

i would be interested in a DMC5...but i'm very afraid to see what it would be like. take MoS for example. after superman returns hit theaters all people did was complain about this and that. and i think that the only thing studios were hearing was "we want more action, we don't want anything like superman returns ever again". which is strange because superman returns hit on alot of points that superman was. and i feel like a DMC5 will be a direct response to DmC. which means, the dark nature of dante will be completely wiped away, dante will be more ruthless. there will be an over sexualized female assistant. there will be less emotion. and i feel that if we don't like DMC5, we will have nobody to blame but ourselves

You have a good point there... Even though I do want DMC5, I am also skeptical about it...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I honestly doubt anyone would notice. As long as DMC5 has old Dante and Capcom's gameplay, it will be looked over and no one would care. See, I believe DmC was a way for capcom to show fans how thirsty they are for old Dante after there's been talk about how DMC4 Dante sucked, then they make a reboot game to say "yeah, bet you miss old Dante now, huh?" so they put him in these crossover games to further their thirst and now if DMC5 is confirmed, they'll once again have the fans in their palms no matter how mad they may be, because no fan will resist seeing old Dante again. Meaning they could more then easily copy paste DMC4's gameplay on to DMC5, and they'll take it happily. Just like the Street fighter series.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont know if i want another game with Old Dante because i'm not interested after the events of 1 because he just feels irrelevent. I liked him in 3 but they just squandered all that potential in 4 and the anime so i wouldnt mind someone else taking over.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think Vergil or sparda might be a good choice because they could go down a darker path and bring a different perspective than Dante or nero and there is a lot of fan hype for the idea.

i think a new character could be interesting buts a whole new can of worms because you have the whole nero baggage repeated so i feel make them a complete 180 from Dante in terms of personality and history could be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom