• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WHY do you want a DMC5 for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GF9000000Returns

Yeah, just answer this question. It can be for the gameplay, story, bloody palace, etc. The reason why I made this thread is cuz I personally don't know why you guys want it if yall know how predictable like the story is gonna play out, but that's just me.

So again, why do yall want Capcom to make a DMC5 after or instead DmC?

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
to know more details about the main characters, like more about dmc3 Vergil.:)
(I'd have said story if I could but devil may cry isn't quite the high end of innovative plots)

DmC was already an awesome video game, it had good music, a good gameplay, and a relatively decent story but it was just another video game piled up among the others on my room.

FFX's director said something like: "we want to provide the players with a cinematographic experience, and make them feel like searching for details to understand the characters more deeply"

this is the kind of stuff that makes a fan out of me, I'd love it in a DMC 5

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I want to see a conclusion to DMC I honestly don't give a sh*t what people say about how DMC's plot is terrible, imo i enjoy it and want to see how it all ends because i've read what people have done with the series so far and they do a great job with it in fan fiction, i miss the gothic tones and environments, also the cool bosses and weapons, I would love to see more unique weapons like Lucifer, Nevan, and Pandora, I also want deeper combat for Nero

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Because it's what I wanted all along.

Seriously, guys, there's a difference between acceptance and betrayal. When DmC was first announced, NONE of you guys wanted it. Everyone hated the idea of a reboot. Now it's out, and you all want to do away with Devil May Cry? A franchise that this FORUM was built upon? A series that won the hearts of MILLIONS, and I mean F***ING MILLIONS? I seriously cannot fathom such bullshit!

Why do you guys try to justify that? There is seriously NO justification. If you felt like, "Oh, well the old series was getting stale", "I didn't like Nero", "DMC2 ruined the series", "DMC4 sucked", etc. Tell someone who gives a ****. Those are all trivial reasons and sound like pathetic excuses. Why don't you just say, "I don't want DMC to live anymore, let DmC live instead"? It makes things SO much more easier. You don't have to hide bullshit or have it dripping from your lip anymore.

Seriously, I've been in this forum for over five years now. Five years ago, everyone was so happy and loving towards the old series, eager for DMC5, still VERY PASSIONATE about the old series, its characters, story, charms, and combat.

Now it's, "F*** the old series"? Yeah, F*** IT. Let some reboot that we never asked for in the first place, replace it, and betray what we became fans of. Without DMC, DmC wouldn't even be here! Where's the courtesy? Where's the respect for elders? There is none!

Here is this forum's logic now:
>Doesn't like one character
OUP! You know what that means! NO DMC5
>Claims DMC2 ruined the series
Does MGS ever cross your mind? If a game in a series sucked, the company will usually disregard it, and Capcom does NOT acknowledge DMC2. Yes, it was in the HD collection, but for collection purposes. MGS is now living off of sequels from MGS3. Not MGS4, because Snake's story is DONE. Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes are sequels to MGS3. Capcom could keep doing sequels off DMC4. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE DMC2.
>DMC4 sucks
Really now? With that logic, one bad installment in ANY franchise means it should get rebooted! Honestly, DMC4 wasn't that bad at all. The backtracking sucked, yeah, but everything else kicked ass. From the CUHRAYZEE and COMPLEX combat system, to the cutscenes, kickass original soundtrack, level design, etc.

And then...THEN! Seeing people lash hate for old characters/DMC after DmC! You guys will claim that you've felt like this prior to DmC, but honestly, to me, that sounds like BS. If so, why didn't you say this before DmC? *sigh*

This is honestly REALLY depressing. This is a DMC forum. It was supposed to be about keeping the old series alive, not burying it in the ground and letting it die for a stupid reboot.

Yeah. I said it. Stupid reboot. I really liked DmC but there's no way in hell that I'd give up DMC for it. It's really stupid when I see **** like, "DMC is my favorite series of all time and I'm a hardcore veteran, but I think my fanbase is filled with STUPID anime fans and the characters are stupid and they suck so bad." Just an example one of the stupid posts I see around here. Oh, and here's: "Old DMCs weren't very balanced, the AI for the old games were brain dead", etc. I bring this up because when something bad is said about DmC, people have to degrade the old series.

It gets old. I'm tired of it. I really am... Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go relive the glory days by playing DMC1 and DMC3...

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't want the original series to stay gone forever but I do believe DmC holds a lot of potential to have a better constructed storyline more so than the unorganized canon of the original. DmC did also establish new fans to this franchise so an improved DmC will make everyone happy. If it really isn't about cosmetics then they just need to up the gameplay for the butthurt fans who are stubborn as all hell and there you go. We can continue the DmC origin story for all those who want to see it and the fans will have nothing to complain about then right? Unless it really is the lack of anime style they claim isn't the issue over and over again. Dante looks like by the end of DmC he's on the path to be that same guy we all knew before so I expect him to have grown since then. I'm also tired of seeing Dante always living in his father's shadow for some weird reason and I speculate this DmC has Dante becoming the Legendary Hero. What he does in DmC mirrors Sparda's Legacy from the original in a lot of aspects.

DmC did surpass the originals in aspects and I at least want to see it one more time. It's given a more creative edge to a series that was at a creative dead end. So a more polished DmC2 is all I ask for at least. If it ever does take the shift back though, I want it to expand upon the vision DMC 1 established. I want Dante to stop being some stupid and annoying cartoony dork and be a cocky badass demon slayer with honest and witty jokes and more of his own personality than heavy influence from other existing characters. Who says Dante can't be his own man instead of a cliche? It's been done to death.

Devil May Cry doesn't need that typical anime flare to exist. Expand upon the original vision because I personally never really acknowledge the world in DMC 3 and 4 as the defining world of Devil May Cry. I can do without the retardation so the world (even if it was a small glimpse) in the first one gave me an impression that DMC was its own thing. There are so many things I kind of imagined on my own using what they gave me and it was better than the crap they introduced in the sequels. Capcom really sucks at story telling and world building. The only game I care about the most in story and characters were the very first game. That is the true Devil May Cry identity in the original series. Hell, I even sort of dug the world in DMC 2 but the game was you know.

Onecrazymonkey1

you all want to do away with Devil May Cry? A series that won the hearts of MILLIONS, and I mean F***ING MILLIONS? I seriously cannot fathom such bullshit! The reboot is still devil may cry, it's not the death of it.

Why do you guys try to justify that? There is seriously NO justification. If you felt like, "Oh, well the old series was getting stale", "I didn't like Nero", "DMC2 ruined the series", "DMC4 sucked", etc. Tell someone who gives a ****. Those are all trivial reasons and sound like pathetic excuses. Why don't you just say, "I don't want DMC to live anymore, let DmC live instead"? It makes things SO much more easier. You don't have to hide bullshit or have it dripping from your lip anymore.
Why can't people share what they thought was wrong with the old series so if they do make a DMC5 they can improve upon their past mistakes? Not every critic is filled with bullshit or hate. People can complain about the reboot all they want because criticism when it's constructive is a good thing. When it's not constructive I agree that it can sound childish and dumb but don't let it get to you. With that said if you think whatever I'm saying sounds like an excuse than I'll just say let DMC die and let DmC live instead.

Seriously, I've been in this forum for over five years now. Five years ago, everyone was so happy and loving towards the old series, eager for DMC5, still VERY PASSIONATE about the old series, it's characters, story, charms, and combat. People change..... and who is to say they're not passionate about a DMC5 anymore? you can't put everyone into the same box.

Now it's "F*** the old series"? Yeah, F*** IT. Let some reboot that we never asked for in the first place, replace it, and betray what we became fans of. Without DMC, DmC wouldn't even be here! Where's the courtesy? Where's the respect for elders? There is none! Some people did ask for a reboot after DMC4. Although, I didn't care one way or the other. I just wanted something better than DMC4. I only really loved DMC1 and thought DMC3 was ok.

And then...THEN! Seeing people lash hate for old characters/old DMC after DmC!
There have been many things I disliked about the characters in the old series and still loved the games, not liking the way some characters are written is not a bad thing.

This is honestly REALLY depressing. This is a DMC forum. It was supposed to be about keeping the old series alive, not burying it in the ground and letting it die for a stupid reboot. World hunger is depressing not video game reboots. I also think DmC can possibly bring more fans to the older series and help keep it alive. Who knows? it might have faded into obscurity and died a horrible death from being dragged on too long with the same old formula. I would rather let something I love rest in peace than be completely destroyed.

Yeah. I said it. Stupid reboot. I really liked DmC but there's no way in hell that I'd give up DMC for it. It's really stupid when I see **** like, "DMC is my favorite series of all time and I'm a hardcore veteran but I think my fanbase is filled with STUPID anime fans and the characters are stupid and they suck so bad". Just an example one of the stupid posts I see around here. Oh, and here's: "Old DMCs weren't very balanced, the AI for the old games were brain dead", etc. I bring this up because when something bad is said about DmC, people have to degrade the old series. Well, people should never insult each other, it's just immature but insulting a fictional character is not really a big deal in my opinion. If someone makes a comment you find stupid or you just don't agree with, you shouldn't let it bother you.

Anyway, I would love for capcom to make a DMC5 to wrap up unanswered questions but at the end of the day I would prefer the reboot and I want a DMC5 but only if it can be guaranteed that they will do both. The reboot has so much potential and it just needs a little polish; it would be a shame for it to go down the drain. I would also see them as major sellouts if they didn't finish what they started. They already didn't want to fix what was wrong with the original series and decided on a reboot instead, they better not flip flop back and forth.... I've already became invested in the new characters anyway. If they do make a DMC5 than I have to agree with chancey289 in that I want it to go back to the spirit of DMC1.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
I want DMC5 for a grand finale that answers most, if not all of the questions and wraps up Dante's character arc. Maybe Nero's too.

I want the three Sparda Bloods to finish all their unfinished business and clean house (demon massacre)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, just answer this question. It can be for the gameplay, story, bloody palace, etc. The reason why I made this thread is cuz I personally don't know why you guys want it if yall know how predictable like the story is gonna play out, but that's just me.

Seriously? It is an odd question.

I've said this more than once here but I am not a fan of the series because of DMC3 nor 4, I am a fan of the first DMC and every sequel that gets made just seems to get further away from the things that made me fall in love with this series. There is more to games now than just gameplay, they have personalities and attitudes, to a degree they always have, but DMC1's personality is practically none existent in the sequels, they have personalities of their own and they don't really have the same flavor.

While the sequels don't have that same spice that one did DmC is even further from what I am looking for in the franchise. If DMC4 is a huge step in the wrong direction than DmC is on a very different road altogether and has no intention of even looking at the destination the other was heading. So if they aren't going in the direction that I'm interested in why should I be interested in it?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I want DMC5 for a grand finale that answers most, if not all of the questions and wraps up Dante's character arc. Maybe Nero's too.

I want the three Sparda Bloods to finish all their unfinished business and clean house (demon massacre)
What is there left to finish? Vergil died like twice evidently and he's done. Yea, this unorganized canon is silly. Vergil allegedly died along with his mom in the first DMC and there was no evidence of a sibling rivalry or the events that took place in 3. Nero was also absolutely pointless and he's not freaking Vergil's son. I can't buy that. Capcom just threw a character in all honesty that serves no real purpose. Like I said, I would like a DmC2 because I'm interested in where the game could go but, if we would ever get a transition back to the previous series then I just don't give a crap about the stuff in DMC 2, 3 and 4. I would like the series to expand more in the spirit of the first game.

If Capcom ever get better I'd like to to expand on 4's combat for more crazy combos. I don't know how they'll do that. But I'd rather be doing combos on demons that actually look demonic and very creative in the design department, seriously the demons in DmC aren't even memorable. I think there's a flying baby enemy.

I'd take Berial, Phantom, Agni and Rudra over Succubus, The Hunter and another baby.

Anywho, go forward, not backwards (As seen in the image below) and keep the edge to a minimum, give us a new villain to fight just so Dante can be back in business and maybe put us in another castle those are cool.

uIVoLrM.png

I'm aware BP is free, btw. I didn't make the image but I know it's going to upset someone.

Get out my scissors and snip

Yeah, I feel yah. It's sad that alot of people here didn't like the series anyway. Atleast that's the sort of impression I'm getting. I think if DMC5 came out and a DmC 2 sequel never happened this forum would lose a lot of traffic.

10/10 post btw.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Yeah, I feel yah. It's sad that alot of people here didn't like the series anyway. Atleast that's the sort of impression I'm getting. I think if DMC5 came out and a DmC 2 sequel never happened this forum would lose a lot of traffic.

10/10 post btw.
I know, right? Like, there's a lot of fakers and posers here. "OH, I LIKE DMC, BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO CONTINUE 8D" Yeah, GTFO of here. If you like something, you want it to continue, no matter how bad it's doing. You hope for the best. It sucks how easy you guys dismiss the old series, too.

I'm sorry that's the impression you're getting. See, guys? This is a good example. She's a new member, pretty sure she's an avid fan of DMC. She comes here and notices this fourm takes DmC over DMC. How is that supposed to make her feel? Great job, everyone. You guys rock! :troll:

Pretty sure if DMC5 happened before DmC2, this forum would be so pessimistic towards it and totally disregard it. They would go ape shyit and cry. Which is sad, you'd think they'd be celebrating instead. Guess not.

Last edited:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Soooo....your asking why people would want a DMC5 game on a DMC forum?

I get that your love the reboot, but just because some think its the best thing since sliced bread doesn't mean that the old series should be thrown into the video game grave yard.

But I personally would want it because I prefer the original series, DmC was a ok game that left me entertained, and I would not mind a DmC2 in the future, but if I had to choose between a possible DMC5 and DmC2 I would go with DMC5.

The reason being that I still have faith and love for the old series, I believe that if Capcom got their **** together (or found someone who cared enough for the series to make a coherent story) that they could address all the issues and complaints about the original series.

It certainly isn't perfect, but it is what got me into the series in the first place, and I simply refuse to just give up on it in favor of the reboot.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Soooo....your asking why people would want a DMC5 game on a DMC forum?

I get that your love the reboot, but just because some think its the best thing since sliced bread doesn't mean that the old series should be thrown into the video game grave yard.

But I personally would want it because I prefer the original series, DmC was a ok game that left me entertained, and I would not mind a DmC2 in the future, but if I had to choose between a possible DMC5 and DmC2 I would go with DMC5.

The reason being that I still have faith and love for the old series, I believe that if Capcom got their **** together (or found someone who cared enough for the series to make a coherent story) that they could address all the issues and complaints about the original series.

It certainly isn't perfect, but it is what got me into the series in the first place, and I simply refuse to just give up on it in favor of the reboot.
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL post, man.

And what? Did you JUST call DmC an OK GAME?

OMG! That's it! I'm quoting that and putting it as my signature! :troll: *coughs and looks at DragonMaster* ...-_-

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Because its what I wanted all along.

Seriously guys, there's a difference between acceptance and betrayal. When DmC first came out, NONE of you guys wanted it. Everyone hated the idea of a reboot. Now it's out, and you all want to do away with Devil May Cry? A franchise that this FORUM was built upon? A series that won the hearts of MILLIONS, and I mean F***ING MILLIONS? I seriously cannot fathom such bullshit!

Yeah, but after seeing more of it, I wanted it.

Ok.
"I don't want DMC to live if it no longer meets my expectations. Let DmC, which does meet them, live instead."

Seriously, I've been in this forum for over five years now. Five years ago, everyone was so happy and loving towards the old series, eager for DMC5, still VERY PASSIONATE about the old series, it's characters, story, charms, and combat.

I was so-so since I was worried DMC5 would be like DMC4.

Now it's "F*** the old series"? Yeah, F*** IT. Let some reboot that we never asked for in the first place, replace it, and betray what we became fans of. Without DMC, DmC wouldn't even be here! Where's the courtesy? Where's the respect for elders? There is none!

I have respect for the old series. DMC1 and DMC3 is where my respect goes. And I love how you say "betrayed" as if they hurt you personally. It's just a game, no need to get rancorous.

Here is this forum's logic now:
>Doesn't like one character
That one character can make or break a game.
>OUP! You know what that means! NO DMC5
Not necessarily.
>Claims DMC2 ruined the series
Kind of did.
>Does MGS ever cross your mind? If a game in a series sucked, the company will usually disregard it, and Capcom does NOT acknowledge DMC2. Yes it was in the HD collection but for collection purposes. MGS is now living off making sequels from MGS3. Not MGS4, because Snake's story is DONE. Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes are sequels to MGS3. Capcom could keep doing sequels off DMC4. It DOESN'T HAVE TO BE DMC2.

Yeeah, no. If they keep dong sequels off DMC4, then the story won't go anywhere, and that would seem as though Capcom can't get out of their box of safty and branch ou ton other ideas for DMC.
>DMC4 sucks
Agreed.:troll:

>Really now? With that logic, one bad installment in ANY franchise means it should get rebooted! Honestly DMC4 wasn't that bad at all. The backtracking sucked, yeah, but everything else kicked ass. From the awesome level design, to the CUHRAYZEE and COMPLEX combat system, from it's kickass OST, etc.

In your opinion.

And then...THEN! Seeing people lash hate for old characters/old DMC after DmC! You guys will claim that you've felt like this prior to DmC but honestly to me that sounds like BS. If so, why didn't you say this before DmC? *sigh*

Um no. I've always disliked some of the DMC characters even before DmC reached the ligh tof day.

-I didn't like Lady in DMC4 since she didn't do anything and dressed in rather whorish clothes.
-I've grown use to Dante's outfit, but still hated his character and personality.
-The music seemed unmemorable in my opinion. Some were good, but the rest were easily forgotten.

But that's just me.

This is honestly REALLY depressing. This is a DMC forum. It was supposed to be about keeping the old series alive, not burying it in the ground and letting it die for a stupid reboot.

Yet the reboot is STILL Devil May Cry regardless of how it looks or who made it. So Devil may cry is still alive, but through DmC. And There are people here who like DmC and DMC equally.

Yeah. I said it. Stupid reboot. I really liked DmC but there's no way in hell that I'd give up DMC for it. It's really stupid when I see **** like, "DMC is my favorite series of all time and I'm a hardcore veteran but I think my fanbase is filled with STUPID anime fans and the characters are stupid and they suck so bad".

That sounds like Chancy289 to a T.:lol:

Just an example one of the stupid posts I see around here. Oh, and here's: "Old DMCs weren't very balanced, the AI for the old games were brain dead", etc. I bring this up because when something bad is said about DmC, people have to degrade the old series.
It was pretty dead for some of them. Like in DMC3 how they just swing even though you're in the air.

It gets old. I'm tired of it. I really am...... Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go relive the glory days by playing DMC1 and DMC3...

Have fun while I move on and do a combo mad video with DmC.:troll:

I love how the person who made this was too lazy to look into DmC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom