• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why call them Cr*pcom?

aoshi

dante_13;234850 said:
I got a little confused in the end Aoshi.

I believe the references were to latest offerings from capcom. Which i explained was to make games on common grounds and it is not fair to call them "crapcom"..lol. But it can always be ignored.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
@aka : Simple,the are as bad as Bamco[Namco Bandai] is.And they have been like that ever since 2003[To be more accurate that's when the "transformation" ended].Over the boards I've given thousand of examples and facts for Cr4pcom,playfully or seriously.I'll simply list the one that will make even the most hardcore fan angry :

They completely spit on the fanbase and aim for their fanboys and "fan renmants" and even the haters/flammers.They believe that if they sell there and in japan they are all good.Also they discriminate the fanbase in a way like Bamco's : they count only the fanbase they are excactly aiming for,spitting everyone else on the face even if they are the true fanbase.

I could go on and on,but I believe those are enough.

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;234891 said:
@aka : Simple,the are as bad as Bamco[Namco Bandai] is.And they have been like that ever since 2003[To be more accurate that's when the "transformation" ended].Over the boards I've given thousand of examples and facts for Cr4pcom,playfully or seriously.I'll simply list the one that will make even the most hardcore fan angry :

They completely spit on the fanbase and aim for their fanboys and "fan renmants" and even the haters/flammers.They believe that if they sell there and in japan they are all good.Also they discriminate the fanbase in a way like Bamco's : they count only the fanbase they are excactly aiming for,spitting everyone else on the face even if they are the true fanbase.

I could go on and on,but I believe those are enough.

How come they spit on the others? I wasn't happy at all with DMC4, I hate it, but, why should I blame Capcom for that?
How they work is how they work, they make the games for a little price, it's completely optional to buy it.

Vergil'sB*tch;234851 said:
Just because i like DMC doesn't mean to say i have to like the ppl who make the game. I have never liked Cr@pcom and never will.
And because of this Nero/Vergil thing, i hate them even more.
If i wanna call them cr@pcom, i will.

EDIT: One word: SANCTUS!

- Who is that stranger on the street?
* I don't know, all I know is that the stranger is working for capcom, I hate him!
- Why do you hate him?
* I hate him because he works at Capcom!
- But you don't even know him, how can you judge him so fast?
* I don't have to explain! I hate him, that's it.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Look beyond the DMC series,it's not the only thing Capcom has as a game or as a series for that matter.And I told you that's one of the things they do.If you don't remember maybe I can refresh your memory a bit :

1)They took all the credit and backstabbed their own best employees,Studio Clover[now known as Platinum games] and Keiji Inafune's team.

2)They use fujoshi and fanboy tactics and urge them to "flame" their old employees.

3)They mistreat their own employees and enforce "fear tactics" so they can keep working on the projects the CEOS want,kind of like FOX,Cartoon Network and the gamers channel did with some excellent good shows that the US and EU audience enjoyed,because they thought solelly about quick cash,they didn't even think of the "long-term fan cash" which is better.

4)Cacpom Sequel Syndrome

5)They troll us true fans continuesly and forget that it was US,the western market,that made them stand a chance when they were in deepsh1t back in the 80s-90s.I don't say that they should owe us their life,but hell at least do what the rest of the decent companies do like say,Square-Enix or Koei.Don't go with Bamco's tactics : appaer on a "festival" for fans just to troll them and say in a polite way : "Screw you pigs,we have the money,you should be the good sheep you are and continue to buy the stuff we throw".It's one of the main reasons I stopped bying Capcom products after 2008[when DMC4 came out].\

Are those enough,or do you want more?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Did i say anything about the ppl? I don't think so aka, don't twist it.
I said i hate CAPCOM! AS A COMPANY!!!
DevilBane is absolutely correct. In the last yer, capcom have lost three top people. Kamiya, another is the person who does the artwork for DMC and the creator of Resi. It doesn't really leave the company smelling of roses.

Blame cra@pcom for DMC4 because they made it... simple logic!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Tsuchibayashi is the one who amkes the art of DMC and the Sengoku BASARA series and she[?] is part of Koba's DMC/BASARA team.Kamiya was fired along with the rest of Clover studio back in 2005 along with the creator of RE and GodHand,Shinji Mikami but stayed so that they could finish Godhand.

I've noticed it now VB,how come you are so stiff and use shorthands?Did something happen?

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Angelo Credo;234823 said:
Allow me to quote myself from the Capcom Wishes thread as to why I refer to them as Crapcom at times.

Angelo Credo said:
* Start making your games properly. (That is, stop introducing new plot devices that end up raising a million questions, then have absolutely none of them answered by the end of the game.)

Improve the quality of your writing staff, stop sacking them and re-hire the people that actually know what the hell they're doing.

Make any new characters likeable this time please.

Stop outsourcing your projects to other people, you lazy bastards.

That is all.

---

I just mainly hate DMC4, which is why I harbour some resentment for them, everything up to that is gold.
Mother****in' [/thread].

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
In my opinion

-They ruined DMC
-They ruined Resident Evil
-Street Fighter IV was not good enough to be sold as a proper game (and SSFIV are you serious? I can't believe thay got away with that)

It's like as soon as they realise they are onto a good thing they wreck it.

aoshi

I did not know there was genuine hatred towards capcom. About officials, Yes it is depressing that politics is disturbing the games they create.But not following the genre's of earlier games cannot be targeted against them . Yes some series were perfect but change is inevitable. I dont think a character can be forever. It only ruins the character if best attributes are not given besides let the character or game be as such. I am amazed that DMC 4 was a decent output to DMC3. On the other hand , series such as Prince of persia is required to be brought to life.

I can't comment on politics in the firm, But politics within firms is depressing.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
There's always going to be genuine hatred for something. Whether it be Capcom, or even something as simple as clouds, there will always be at least one person to hate something.

aoshi

DreadnoughtDT;234926 said:
There's always going to be genuine hatred for something. Whether it be Capcom, or even something as simple as clouds, there will always be at least one person to hate something.

I am amazed at display of hatred(genuine) in their own forums by their own fans.

I can accept concerns from fans but not hatred.Wat do u wanna do? Destroy the firm. However concerns can improve firm.I intend my comments to be constructive for most part.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Whait,What?Since when politics influenced videogames,manga and literatue?If anything these three forms of the ninth art have tremendous freedom over politics and satyre around the subject.

Can you be a little more specific aoshi?

EDIT : Aimed at your previous post.Oh,and don't bother about critisism[When emailing them or at fan fests with Capcom big names].Read my post in page two and you'll see why.

aoshi

Devil Bane;234900 said:
^Look beyond the DMC series,it's not the only thing Capcom has as a game or as a series for that matter.And I told you that's one of the things they do.If you don't remember maybe I can refresh your memory a bit :

1)They took all the credit and backstabbed their own best employees,Studio Clover[now known as Platinum games] and Keiji Inafune's team.

2)They use fujoshi and fanboy tactics and urge them to "flame" their old employees.

3)They mistreat their own employees and enforce "fear tactics" so they can keep working on the projects the CEOS want,kind of like FOX,Cartoon Network and the gamers channel did with some excellent good shows that the US and EU audience enjoyed,because they thought solelly about quick cash,they didn't even think of the "long-term fan cash" which is better.

4)Cacpom Sequel Syndrome

5)They troll us true fans continuesly and forget that it was US,the western market,that made them stand a chance when they were in deepsh1t back in the 80s-90s.I don't say that they should owe us their life,but hell at least do what the rest of the decent companies do like say,Square-Enix or Koei.Don't go with Bamco's tactics : appaer on a "festival" for fans just to troll them and say in a polite way : "Screw you pigs,we have the money,you should be the good sheep you are and continue to buy the stuff we throw".It's one of the main reasons I stopped bying Capcom products after 2008[when DMC4 came out].\

Are those enough,or do you want more?

Points 1 and 2 are termed politics within firms. Deferring credits when credits are due.

I really am not sure if they hate fans. They are critically acclaimed to give game experience better than PC.Its a mis-interpret to anti-fan clan. I am sure u knew most devoted fans showed resentment to DMC 4 going multi-platform. Reason capcom gave was to reach a major fanbase. I think it is a mis-interpret. Is there a written or vocal statement that demoralises fans?I dont think so.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Aoshi has a point. Not once did they state about DMC4 that it was meant to "flame" fans.

However, that doesn't mean it does, it doesn't mean it doesn't. Either way is possible.

Top Bottom