• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who would make the better DmC/DMC game?

Who would make the better DMC games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Capcom did exactly the opposite, they said that NT should done something very different, you never read these threads people make about the first concept arts to Donte? They had a lot of freedom to work with this story, the only thing that Capcom do not wanted to see was a game too similar to the originais (besides, why they would outsource it? Even more to developers that never did a great quality hack'n'slash before) Capcom asked they to change it because it holded too much similarities with Dante at that time.

You mean that creative freedom to make DmC a darker game, and make Dante less cliche good looking douchebag and more rough and "Alex Mercer" like, but Capcom put their foot into it and made opinions to change things? Yeah, okay. That's some creative freedom.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You mean that creative freedom to make DmC a darker game, and make Dante less cliche good looking douchebag and more rough and "Alex Mercer" like, but Capcom put their foot into it and made opinions to change things? Yeah, okay. That's some creative freedom.

You mean before we had a bunch of old Dante look-a-likes.

tumblr_mhly15arTC1s4xc2jo1_500.png
34_25197.nphd.jpg

Got to ask what movie/game is that in your sig?

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
I say Platinum or Itsuno team, the others don't interest me as much for this series. I don't really care about the story-telling, they should focus on everything else.
In all fairness, the top one looks like a young DMC1 Dante.

I must be blind or something then.
Then mix NT's story telling, art-direction, and you got yourself a pretty kick-ass game.
DmC is the only game written in-house by NT and I don't really need to say how awful is, others developer in the poll aren't really good but story-telling is really secondary for this series. About NT art-direction...I pass.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
In a event status video, he showed a clip of a Capcom event where Itsuno was telling people to show money
to decide whether they would make a game or not.

And when you have that kind of attitude towards game development, where u ask ur fans to take money out of their pocket and raise it up

Thats one of reasons why i think PG would be better.

Hmmmm...that is wrong.

That was Ono not Itsuno.

And Ono asked them to show money if they want a new DarkStalkers game so he can take a picture and show it to his boss so they can gain interest in making a new DarkStalkers game.

If anything Ono really wants to make a new DS game but he needs approval of it. In fact I think they even made a survey and have around 500,000 people voted for a new DS game so if anything Ono really is dedicated in making a new DS game he just needs to convince the publisher side of Capcom to allow him to make it.

You simply can't just make a game because you want to....it needs to be approved first plus this Ono isn't an option up there.

IncarnatedDemon

Hmmmm...that is wrong.

That was Ono not Itsuno.

And Ono asked them to show money if they want a new DarkStalkers game so he can take a picture and show it to his boss so they can gain interest in making a new DarkStalkers game.

If anything Ono really wants to make a new DS game but he needs approval of it. In fact I think they even made a survey and have around 500,000 people voted for a new DS game so if anything Ono really is dedicated in making a new DS game he just needs to convince the publisher side of Capcom to allow him to make it.

You simply can't just make a game because you want to....it needs to be approved first plus this Ono isn't an option up there.
I can't seem to find the video again, do you know where? I want to rewatch it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I wouldn't call DmC their "close attempt" at a quality game. I give that title to Heavenly sword. all it needed was good gameplay. The story was there and characters and environment too, but it just lacked in gameplay.

DmC could have been an attempt at quality, had Capcom not stiffened their actual ideas for DmC.

Now again DmC was still their best attempt to a quality game because they didn't write Heavenly Sword they outsourced the writing there remember.

So I can't give NT's credit for a story that they didn't write (same goes for Enslaved). HS may have had a great story and characters but it wasn't because of NT but someone who doesn't even work for NT.

So since NT wrote DmC's story and characters and did it themselves I give the credit for that ergo DmC was the closest attempt to quality.

Thelukestar619

Don't Mess with the GAMING GOD!
I say give Ninja Theory another shot i loved DmC, the art style was very unique it wasn't just red and black everywhere like how the original games felt imo, it was very varied in level design, even the levels when you were in the same place the under water raptor news network thing. I thought the social commentary was a bit weird at first but i kind of ended up liking it and it wasn't really that much of a focus. I'd want Ninja Theory to do it again because DmC was a very good game the combat was a bit **** compared to other DMC games, so i think there needs to be more of an emphasis on gameplay if they did it again but other than that it was alright. I also thought the platforming combat ratio was alright it wasn't as much platforming as people make it seem like it was.

Top Bottom