• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who wants to win a Devil May Cry beach towel?

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Just to avoid any potential confusion, the compo prizes will likely work like this:

1st place: 1x beach towel, 1x T-shirt (medium), 1x hoodie (medium
2nd place: 1x beach towel and t-shirt (medium)
3rd place: 1x large t-shirt

They certainly are! And we most definitely will have a few copies of DmC to give away, also!

A second certainly wouldn't hurt! Why not 'one wash, one wear'? ;)

Well then, this has just become a lot more interesting. Any idea of when the competition will be up?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Wouldn't it make more sense for 1st place to be able to choose the size they get? I mean, what if they're a large, but automatically get a medium?
That would make perfect sense. However, we only have the hoodie in size medium. If the winner of the hoodie decides that it'd be better suited with someone else, perhaps I could post it onto a person of their choosing.

Well then, this has just become a lot more interesting. Any idea of when the competition will be up?
As soon as we've thought up a suitable theme for the compo! Suggestions? ;)

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
1) Logic contest:
Creatively express a scenario where you would need both a sweatshirt and towel at the same time.

2) Lulz contest:
Have people insult celebrities via twitter and screenshot them here. The most creative insults win.

3) Drawing contest:
Make everyone draw a picture and mail it to a post office near where the Powells live. Video of Steve, Shaz, or one of the little Powells showing them all on video and announcing the winners.

4) Immature screenshot contest:
Have people screenshot some footage that's been released of DmC and add 1 (ONE) object to it that's funny. Best picture wins.

5) SURPRISE contest:
Post a contest thread at a randomly chosen date and time in a random section of the forums. The first people to reply wins.

6) Scavenger Hunt contest:
Copy+paste instructions on what must be done to win into a post, new or old, and give a hint to it's location. The first people to figure out where it was posted and complete the instructions win.

7) Random gift contest:
Again, give the address for a post office near you. Everyone mails a package containing an item of any sort and the best one wins. Video announcement is necessary.

8) Photo editing contest:
Post a picture of Steve and a picture of Sharon. We have to superimpose each of your heads onto someone famous of the opposite sex. Quality of editing skills is irrelevent. Lulziest picture wins.

9) Odd video contest:
You come up with something strange but easily done and we video ourselves doing it in whatever fashion we see fit (example: brushing teeth, etc.)

10) CHEEZ WINS A TOWEL CONTEST:
EVERYONE ELSE FIGHTS TO THE DEATH FOR THE SWEATSHIRTS AND I WIN A TOWEL. I RECOMMEND THIS CHOICE I LIKE THIS ONE THE BEST.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
That would make perfect sense. However, we only have the hoodie in size medium. If the winner of the hoodie decides that it'd be better suited with someone else, perhaps I could post it onto a person of their choosing.

I actually have a few suggestions that I think are pretty good:

1. Trivia challenge - Let everyone sign up first, then tell everyone when the contest will begin. In my opinion, it'll be best if you ask 10~15 questions/day and drop the guy(s) with the lowest score at the end of the day. You will have to limit the amount of competitors though unless you want this to last over a month.
2. Writing challenge - Ask everyone to write a theory that closes all open ends in the original DMC franchise. All canon DMC products (let parts of the novels be a part of the list due to the fact that they are partially canon) will be at their disposal. The goal is to write a theory that closes all open ends (that you can think of) left in the original DMC franchise.
3. True Style Tournament - We all know what that means. Competitors can also include Marvel vs Capcom 3 & Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 footage, due to the fact there are DMC characters in those games.
4. Towel "contest" - cheezMcNASTY wins a towel.

I recommend the first suggestion.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I'm fine with drawing... i think there should be a drawing contest... not all of us are... blessed with a literary mind.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
I actually have a few suggestions that I think are pretty good:

1. Trivia challenge - Let everyone sign up first, then tell everyone when the contest will begin. In my opinion, it'll be best if you ask 10~15 questions/day and drop the guy(s) with the lowest score at the end of the day. You will have to limit the amount of competitors though unless you want this to last over a month.
2. Writing challenge - Ask everyone to write a theory that closes all open ends in the original DMC franchise. All canon DMC products (let parts of the novels be a part of the list due to the fact that they are partially canon) will be at their disposal. The goal is to write a theory that closes all open ends (that you can think of) left in the original DMC franchise.
3. True Style Tournament - We all know what that means. Competitors can also include Marvel vs Capcom 3 & Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 footage, due to the fact there are DMC characters in those games.
4. Towel "contest" - cheezMcNASTY wins a towel.

I recommend the first suggestion.

Only problem with a trivia challenge, it shouldn't be every day. Because it wouldn't be fair to people who aren't online everyday due to personal life.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Well, I'm pretty much destined to lose anything related to trivia or drawing.
I hope the competition doesn't end up testing people in areas that some are just naturally better at.

It doesn't matter to me which competition we end up doing, so long as its something everyone can have fun participating for.

Kammosjuttu

True. That would be unfair if competition should be on side who have stronger roots in knowlegde, art etc.

While the core of what you said is very true, it's something that can't be acquired, actually. Because, even writing is a form of art. And here are them who doesn't handle English all that well, too. So, yes, it is very very hard to come up with a competition that would be equal to everyone. :/

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
While the core of what you said is very true, it's something that can't be acquired, actually. Because, even writing is a form of art. And here are them who doesn't handle English all that well, too. So, yes, it is very very hard to come up with a competition that would be equal to everyone. :/

A writing assay is as fair as it gets.

Damn, you guys are trying to make it easy for me.

I liked your post because of the brony Deadpool that is your profile picture.

Top Bottom