• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who Should Develop DmC2?

corrnata

Honestly the appeal of NT working on the classic games has sailed because of the reboot and it's reception so many would resist the idea.
I think it be a hard sell from the off set to but that could be fixed if the reveal trailer was just straight up gameplay and some story and theme teasing.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
DmC was made because the dev teams that made 2-4 spilt up to do other things.
Rumors said DmC was developed by a western studio because Inafune said so. It costed his head later.Other rumor says it was someone from NT( or their friend) who suggested them to do a new DMC game.

But bringing Platinum would help with marketing as most of the hardcore audience seems to love them and part of the reason DmC was made because the dev teams that made 2-4 spilt up to do other things.
Yes, but Kamya and Itsuno would never work together since both of them are directors and as Kamiya said " too much captains for only one boat.."Itsuno was a key piece even to DmC since gameplay was influenced by him too. Most DMC gameplay as it is now is his work.
But bringing Platinum would help with marketing as most of the hardcore audience seems to love them
Sure, but a great part of that hardcore fans still believe FIRMLY Kamiya did DMC3 and DMC4 , even if the guy himself told them OFFICIALLY he just did DMC1. Still today Kamiya block them because of that subject.
DMC1 was written by one of the RE writers; DMC4 had a story which was heavily edited because of out of place fanservice. Capcom has the gold and the diggers inside itself, so they have everything to shine.Only them know why they can't reach their goal.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@corrnata
Probably but people would rather have them worked on the main franchise from the get go rather go do the reboot but till we see them do it and see how people react to it.

@Gel
Fair enough but I was just making conversation for the thread after @Keaton posted the suggestion, I'm more neutral to P* taking over.

I wouldn't mind the writers for RE6 (especially Jake's campaign) to come in and do DMC5 tho as Jake's character and arc reminded of Nero's and Dante's(DMC3)

Last edited:

corrnata

Probably but people would rather have them worked on the main franchise from the get go rather go do the reboot but till we see them do it and see how people react to it.
I agree with that and NJ from all thats been suggested they wanted to work on the main series from the get go either way the reboot was ultimately a learning experience for them and I think the can handle the main series if the definitive edition and Vrgil DLC proved anything.
NT or Platinum.

And where's my Vanquish 2?
Its been out for a while it goes under the name warframe on PC and PS4

berto

I Saw the Devil
NT or Platinum.

And where's my Vanquish 2?
Not going to happen, I am so sorry to say. Vanquish was a Shinji Mikami game and when he left Platinum the hopes for sequel went with him. It's a Sega property now and only they will dictate it's future, and considering that I bought one of the 6 copies that actually sold when it came out I'm sorry to say we didn't make much of an impression on them to keep it coming.

Judge

Vanquish was a good game, but it was rather monotomus. A lot of it was pretty much shoot stuff, move into another area, shoot more of the same stuff, not really much of an upgrade path. There wasn't too much variety to it. It probably would have done better with an online mode, which works well with those types of games.

Honestly I would say DmC plays better than Bayonetta 2, I enjoyed the controls and mechanics more than Bayonetta 1 and 2. The only thing I felt Platinum Games would bring to the table is large amount of moves. I think DmC was lacking in the amount of moves Dante has, where as Platinum Games gave Bayonetta so many moves. Your spoilt for choice. I also think Bayonetta 2's Devil Trigger was way better than DmC Dante's Devil Trigger. Although Vergils DT was banging. Way better than anything done before.

The other thing I think Bayonetta 2 did was those type of awesome combos from DMC3, where Dante's moves trigger like a huge finisher.

If Ninja Theory got those three things right, for me the combat would be 10/10. As it stands I feel they got everything else right, but a few nip and tucks and it would've been unstoppable.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Vanquish was a good game, but it was rather monotomus. A lot of it was pretty much shoot stuff, move into another area, shoot more of the same stuff, not really much of an upgrade path. There wasn't too much variety to it. It probably would have done better with an online mode, which works well with those types of games.

Honestly I would say DmC plays better than Bayonetta 2, I enjoyed the controls and mechanics more than Bayonetta 1 and 2. The only thing I felt Platinum Games would bring to the table is large amount of moves. I think DmC was lacking in the amount of moves Dante has, where as Platinum Games gave Bayonetta so many moves. Your spoilt for choice. I also think Bayonetta 2's Devil Trigger was way better than DmC Dante's Devil Trigger. Although Vergils DT was banging. Way better than anything done before.

The other thing I think Bayonetta 2 did was those type of awesome combos from DMC3, where Dante's moves trigger like a huge finisher.

If Ninja Theory got those three things right, for me the combat would be 10/10. As it stands I feel they got everything else right, but a few nip and tucks and it would've been unstoppable.
If DmC would have given me Free Ride in the move set then I would have been all set.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think DmC was lacking in the amount of moves Dante has

That is exactly one of the reasons why DmC's combat was sub-par in comparison to the previous two games, combined with more technical stuff like hitboxes' and time windows' size and lack of more interesting weapons that could provide some advanced techniques and mechanics.

DMC's combat style is free form after all, you gotta give a high number of individual moves or experimentation and variety, all key points to nail DMC combat, will suffer. I agree that Platinum would provide more variety, but I'm a bit skeptical on the technical side, and like many other people, I'm a bit concerned that they wouldn't resist throwing in their contextual button presses and/or QTEs. Those things shouldn't be in a Devil May Cry game. NT is to be commended for not including anything like that.

So far only Capcom's managed to provide me with the depth and variety that makes me keep experimenting new combos that I didn't even think were possible to do just the day before.

Oh man, just talking about it makes me want to continue that DMC3 guide I started a while ago already! LOL
Once exams are over. Once exams are over...

Anyway, who should develop DmC2? I'd say NT. They fell short of providing the amount of variety and depth of the previous games but they still built a solid system on its own and if they keep the collaboration with Capcom, I think they can provide that and even more, considering the work they did with Limbo's shifting environments. I think they should free that from scripted events and include it as part of the combat system, a la Bulletstorm. Now technology is improved so they should be able to do it.

Although Vergils DT was banging. Way better than anything done before.

Oh yes. What I wanted Doppleganger to be like.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm not going to get in to this P* debate because I extremely disagree with so much been said and I'm tired of this argument but I think this thread has been under thought since people are actually considering it.

DmC is not DMC, I don't care how many people say that it is, let's start with that. So many of the things that make a DMC game a DMC game are lacking here and all the things that are there from the previous games are only a part of the whole, not enough to considered the same after all that was replaced. It's a very superficial 'it's the same thing.' Now, in the same vain of this idea, if you want a DmC sequel then it has to be NT, otherwise it won't be DmC, it will be someone's interpretation of it, in the same way it is not DMC; the flavor and the idiosyncrasies that makes it what it is will be lacking, it will be just off enough that you know it's not the same and you'll hear from others that it is a DmC game because it has all the stuff on a check list even though you know it lack the qualities you look for in DmC.

There is no one else to make a DmC game except NT. There is no getting around it and passing it to someone else. You want more of that you go to who give it to you in the first place, otherwise you are going to get something else.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I'm not going to get in to this P* debate because I extremely disagree with so much been said and I'm tired of this argument but I think this thread has been under thought since people are actually considering it.

DmC is not DMC, I don't care how many people say that it is, let's start with that. So many of the things that make a DMC game a DMC game are lacking here and all the things that are there from the previous games are only a part of the whole, not enough to considered the same after all that was replaces. It's a very superficial 'it's the same thing.' Now, in the same vain of this idea, if you want a DmC sequel then it has to be NT, otherwise it won't be DmC, it will be someone's interpretation of it, in the same way it is not DMC; the flavor and the idiosyncrasies that makes it what it is will be lacking, it will be just off enough that you know it's not the same and you'll hear from others that it is a DmC game because it has all the stuff on a check list even though you know it lack the qualities you look for in DmC.

There is no one else to make a DmC game except NT. There is no getting around it and passing it to someone else. You want more of that you go to who give it to you in the first place, otherwise you are going to get something else.

yep, but to be fair, DMC is at the current unfocused state was more because it was a new IP to begin with, and it was accidental creation which turned out to be a contender title.. capcom didn't know what to do about it i assume, more after kamiya's absent.. so there you go

on DmC's case, it's rather different imo even if it ended up going to different hands, the arc in DmC was already well told to the extent of knowing the direction of the story..

and whoever develop it next, they only need to expand it, they have the original as their story guide, the characters, the combat, what to have and what made it unfocus so they should avoid it..

it's an easier task with DmC, and i find it ridiculous if a studio managed to stray too much out of the established DmC..

Frazz

General gamer
I think Platinum would actually be good as DmC uses light and heavy attacks like MGR does (but implements them differently) and the whip based stuff in DmC is sort of like a QTE which, again, suits P*. I'd prefer a Capcom DMC5 but if there were to be a DmC 2 then Platinum are the best for the job in my opinion.

Frazz

General gamer
How? Not even close, pal.
I didn't mean from a normal enemy encounter standpoint but during the boss fights. It is like a QTE in the sense that, for example, in the Succubus fight when you knock her down you need to use the whip to undo one of the plugs in her tail. Similarly in the Mundus fight you use it to take out one of his eyes. These are moments that, like a QTE, require you to inout a command to continue a cinematic. Much like a QTE these sections aren't technically gameplay and are just a single input at a predetermined moment that is out of the players hands. It isn't up to you whether or not Dante follows through the event as it has to happen otherwise you can't move onto the next stage of the boss fight. So it is kind of like a QTE.

Top Bottom