• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who Should Develop DmC2?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm really not a fan of Kojima developing DmC2, but...

If it comes down to the lesser of two evils, I'll take Kojima over Kamiya. I honestly don't think that the former would be quite as bad as the latter.

-----------------

However, I can only hope they don't work together on this (or any other project) because then they would end up fusing into one unholy gigantic entity fueled by pure ego...

omnimon-o.gif

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If it comes down to the lesser of two evils, I'll take Kojima over Kamiya. I honestly don't think that the former would be quite as bad as the latter.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait. Wait.

readImage

I get it, you hate Kamiya. But for what reason in Earth, Heaven or Hell do you think Kojima would be a better choice for making a Hack and Slash game?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
However, I can only hope they don't work together on this (or any other project) because then they would end up fusing into one unholy gigantic entity fueled by pure ego...

omnimon-o.gif

as scary as that would sound, i'd really to see the outcome, lol.. it already sounds good for the marketing..

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
as scary as that would sound, i'd really to see the outcome, lol.. it already sounds good for the marketing..
Lol. I wouldn't pay for it, but I'd at least give it a few minutes before chucking it into the bargin bin.

Edit: I can only image the fandom these two gaming "auters" would create...

Untitled-578x300.jpg

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd probably choose Kamiya over Kojima as Kamiya has more expierence with hack n slash games and I rather see Kojima create a whole new IP to play with.

Problem with inheriting a franchise is you are stuck with someone else's expectations and someone else's problems which is what wrong with DmC and why people are discontent with Classic DMC's story.

I don't mind Kojima do a Hack n slash/Stylish action game but giving him the most amount of freedom is key. Plus Kamiya has more incentive to work on DMC than Kojima does.

As for DmC, maybe double helix as they have a preexisting relationship with Capcom since they did Strider (or am I getting them mixed up?)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind if Alex Garland wrote DmC2 with or without NT as I dug Enslaved's story more than DmC and he was credited as "story editor' on DmC so he already knows the story and where it could go.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
well wolf said it, i think we would all love fot NT to keep working on DmC, but if things don't go that way, my choice will be Dontnod, MercurySteam or maybe the "newcomer" kojima production..
MercurySteam would be an excellent choice for development. They proved with their Lords of Shadow games that a hack-n'-slash game could have all the style and spectacle in the world, and still have the compelling narrative to compensate. They might be the ONLY example besides DmC that I can think of when it comes to making a hack-n'-slash with a competent story.

As for Kojima's new studio making it....well...

You all know my opinion on Mr. Hipster Glasses himself. I don't think I need to voice them---although, I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised to see how many people agree with me here...I usually welcome a storm of angry Kojimites by stating such opinions, and 'lo and behold: people are actually bemoaning his potential involvement in unison with me.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
'lo and behold: people are actually bemoaning his potential involvement in unison with me.

How could it be otherwise? Guy's got zero experience with this genre, as far as I know.

Besides, DmC already had enough cutscenes interruptions and exposition moments even during gameplay, just imagine how it would be with Kojima in the lead. Even though I hear he toned down that aspect in MGS5...

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
How could it be otherwise? Guy's got zero experience with this genre, as far as I know.
If you want an idea of a hack-n'-slash game under Kojima's sole leadership, watch the alpha footage of "Rising" when it was in its pre-Platinum state.

Besides, DmC already had enough cutscenes interruptions and exposition moments even during gameplay, just imagine how it would be with Kojima in the lead. Even though I hear he toned down that aspect in MGS5...
DmC did indeed break off into exposition on occasion. I wouldn't call it as blatant and overused as it was in Revengeance, but it happened enough to be a prominent occurrence. Kojima would elevate it to absurdity if he had the chance.

corrnata

I say let NT do that they believed they were creating when the western devil may cry project started devil may cry 5 , I love to see there take on it. On the subject of the Dontnod I will like them have involvement with a DmC version of Nero.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think having NT remake DMC2 from scratch might be interesting as the bar is set pretty low and the gam doesn't have much of a story so there is a lot of freedom there.

At one point DC comics had the rights to publish Devil May Cry comics so it be interesting if Capcom grabbed a writer/artist team to work on DmC2.

corrnata

I think having NT remake DMC2 from scratch might be interesting as the bar is set pretty low and the gam doesn't have much of a story so there is a lot of freedom there.

At one point DC comics had the rights to publish Devil May Cry comics so it be interesting if Capcom grabbed a writer/artist team to work on DmC2.
I think if we did get a DmC 2 it will be based on DMC 3 & 2 while being as flimsy DmC was to DMC1 in regards to source material.

On the comics im fine with Tameem writing its some how better then anything heavenly sword or enslaved ever did IMO and I love Taini art so im fine with that. In regards which comic you referring to DmC back story comic or the short lived DMC comic and talking about DC and video game comics were is the graphic novel version of the deus ex 3 comic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm curious about what kind of story Telltale would come up with if given the DMC/DmC license.

I think if we did get a DmC 2 it will be based on DMC 3 & 2 while being as flimsy DmC was to DMC1 in regards to source material.

On the comics im fine with Tameem writing its some how better then anything heavenly sword or enslaved ever did IMO and I love Taini art so im fine with that. In regards which comic you referring to DmC back story comic or the short lived DMC comic and talking about DC and video game comics were is the graphic novel version of the deus ex 3 comic.

With DC, they had bought the rights to publish DMC comics so it probably would have been new material or them doing adaptation of the game's themselves. So my suggestion was to get the writer/artist team to collaborate on the game, like how heavenly sword/enslaved were done.

I wouldn't mind seeing a comic done by Tameem and Taini and it probably would be more connected to the game than other tie in material tends to be.

Honestly the appeal of NT working on the classic games has sailed because of the reboot and it's reception so many would resist the idea.

Keaton

Premium
I'd be quite content with Ninja Theory working on the sequel, after all they did a great job on the Vergil DLC which shows they understand how the series' history is interpreted by fans.

I would however love to see Platinum continue the ORIGINAL Devil May Cry storyline, either post 3 or contiinuing after 4, they've done such an amazing job in recent years between Bayonetta and Vanquish that seeing both storylines grow and maybe even come to a head would be the stylish development the series desevres.

p.s. @Z218 , epic avatar.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Keaton
thank you, I've been thinking about changing it tho, maybe something from DRRR!! or ANGEL.

People liked the story of Bayonetta 2 so maybe getting that team to do a DMC game might be a good idea.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
People liked the story of Bayonetta 2 so maybe getting that team to do a DMC game might be a good idea.
Bayo 2 story was written by the same guy who wrote DMC3 ,DMC4 and (apparently) DMC4SE, Bingo Morihashi, so part of that team already belonged to Capcom.
Anyway DMC gameplay is already in good hands.In fact gameplay was always DMC strongest point.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Gel
I meant the dev team behind Bayo 2 as helping a dev team that wants to tell a story helps the story being told (in some cases)
But bringing Platinum would help with marketing as most of the hardcore audience seems to love them and part of the reason DmC was made because the dev teams that made 2-4 spilt up to do other things.

Top Bottom