• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who loves Saints Row 2

aka958

Don't trust people
Re: who loves

DreadnoughtDT;215459 said:
I also think the U.S. is going down the tube. And I LIVE THERE. We bombed two civilian cities not just because we could, but because it was a show of force. That's still not a good reason, although it ended WWII, it wasn't a good idea to kill that many innocents. The U.S. is always talked down upon. While some people think that's justified, I sometimes find it ridiculous and even offensive when people say it's the worst country. There are far worse ones out there.

What REALLY cheeses me off is that we're the only ones that have used nukes, and then we want to get rid of all the nukes in the world some fifty years later? WTF??!!

And yeah, in the U.S. of ****ing A, sex is actually a felony until you're 18. A FELONY. Jebus Crispix on a stick, is it THAT WRONG to show your affection??? And partial nudity for about two seconds, eh? That's the reason I almost couldn't finish Ninja Gaiden II, because of that one greater fiend that had her boobs showing for about two seconds in a cutscene. two seconds. That's all it takes for my parents to go ballistic. I hate how they treat me like a three-year-old...

Really? Tell me then, which country has done something worse than kill millions under a single day?
Which country won't leave communism alone and let it do it's thing?
Which country BLOCKS another country's imports so that they cannot get all of the new stuff they need (cars and other things)?
Which country blames other countries for the things that they have done wrong when the country when it ain't much of a saint itself?
Which country destroys their own buildings to blame other countries and take their oil?
Which country let their cops dress up and act as a criminal trying to attract people into doing an illegal action so that the cops can arrest them?

Communism ain't that bad, it is the US that have made it look bad. If you believe all that propaganda they've filling you in with, then they have succeeded with their goal.
It is the US that fills in all of those little things I mentioned.
The US is probably THE worst country, say me one other country that have been doing something worse?
The US destroys more than they contribute...

And yeah, it has kinda went off topic. But... One discussion leading to another.
The TC decides if we can continue this chat, I haven't heared any complains so far.

aka958

Don't trust people

I hate it. I'm tired of games with nothing more than criminal actions. I want something deep, that's why I have...

FINAL FANTASY!

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium

ah u love games with nothing to do with life those people are full of life

are u adventurous?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades

@aka : For your post before...there is actually one country worst,however if you want to continue discussing it it's better to do it in privite messaging.That's not to say that I don't agree.If anything,you left somethings about the presidents and the guys behind them and the congress.

@demon genral : That's not entirely true...ok,so he loves FF with a burning passion,but not everything about what he says is false.And I don't think Saints Row 2 falls in the adventure section...it's much more of an action/sandbox game than an adventure one.It still is close to action-adventure but no cigar.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium

aka strikes me as very adventurous. Being a FF freak myself, I can agree with him. Games like GTA aren't good. They're stupid. I mean, who really wants to waste their time jacking cars and beating up/killing innocent people?

I'd rather play Pac Man ^^

And Devil Bane is right...the US talk should probably be restricted to PM. But I will say that aka has some valid points....(*cough*)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades

^Me too.After all RPG's started as an adventure genre[Read : Video games unknown history : as a sub genre in adventure games or Visual Novels if you prefer.Yes they've been around that much.].

Keaton

Premium
I haven't played Saints Row 2, although I did play Saints Row 1 briefly.
I enjoyed the game, although I felt it was far to similar (at the time) to GTA which was far more abundant.

Is SR2 a better game than GTA? In your opinion?

(Btw, I changed the thread title to make it far more descriptive for people when browsing the forum)

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
devil bane do u mind if i call u db

i never said saints row 2 was adventurous it is no where nere that ratchet and clank now that is adventurous

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^No problem.And Ratchet and Clank is a 3D action platformer.Althought it comes close to action adventure it still isn't.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.

DreadnoughtDT;215459 said:
I also think the U.S. is going down the tube. And I LIVE THERE. We bombed two civilian cities not just because we could, but because it was a show of force. That's still not a good reason, although it ended WWII, it wasn't a good idea to kill that many innocents. The U.S. is always talked down upon. While some people think that's justified, I sometimes find it ridiculous and even offensive when people say it's the worst country. There are far worse ones out there.

What REALLY cheeses me off is that we're the only ones that have used nukes, and then we want to get rid of all the nukes in the world some fifty years later? WTF??!!

And yeah, in the U.S. of ****ing A, sex is actually a felony until you're 18. A FELONY. Jebus Crispix on a stick, is it THAT WRONG to show your affection??? And partial nudity for about two seconds, eh? That's the reason I almost couldn't finish Ninja Gaiden II, because of that one greater fiend that had her boobs showing for about two seconds in a cutscene. two seconds. That's all it takes for my parents to go ballistic. I hate how they treat me like a three-year-old...

It's not a felony. It's illegal to have sez with anyone under sixteen if you're over eighteen. Hence the sixteen consent age limit...thing.

aka958

Don't trust people
You get away from real life in Saints row too, that counts for every game.

But honestly, what's the point with shooting holes in innocent people, robbing cars and other things for no purpose but you over amusement?
It may be fun the first time through, but it is easily getting repetetive and annoying after a short time.
Pokémon is funnier and it's repetetive, but it has some kind of fun purpose than jacking the first car you see in front of you.
Oblivion is repetetive as hell but it's funny still, I dunno why, it just is.

Final Fantasy has a little repetetive fighting system but requires strategy and gives every fight a different feel.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
I have no patience for Pokemon....More into games like Final Fantasy and Wild ARMs. Every now and then I'll play Oblivion and some Sims.

But games like GTA are really dull to me. Go here, steal this car, kill this dude, get some cash, rinse and repeat. What's the point, right? (which is kinda like Oblivion... ._.)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Then better play Bushido,Samurai Do[Way of the Samurai] series or even the SHinsengumi series.Apart from chopping they also are historical.

aka958

Don't trust people
Tonks;215785 said:
I have no patience for Pokemon....More into games like Final Fantasy and Wild ARMs. Every now and then I'll play Oblivion and some Sims.

But games like GTA are really dull to me. Go here, steal this car, kill this dude, get some cash, rinse and repeat. What's the point, right? (which is kinda like Oblivion... ._.)
No, THERE you are wrong!
Oblivion have varieties of enemies and dungeons (not much variety in dungeons), lots of different things to do and explore, stats to keep hold of and a kinda weak story to catch up with. Guilds to join in and gain ranks in and equipment to scavange for, finding stuff in dungeons to decorate your house or things like that.
It has LOADS of stuff in it, they are repetetive, but by the time you've gone through everything you wanna do the first thing again and then the second and so on.

Saints row has the same civilians, maybe some police but they all have pretty much the same weapons, endurance, stamina and such. It offers nothing more than one thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... ...and over again.

Top Bottom