• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who is "Vitale"? Theories?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
He sounds like a man of vital importance... :tongue:

But seriously, as he appears to be playable I would imagine he's similar in nature to our other two tritagonists - a mixed blood human who hunts demons for reasons likely related to his family.

UncannyGarlic

Assuming the name is correct, I wonder if it's a reference to elan vital. If so, he could be alive despite something fatal happening to him which has given him his powers. For example, he could have been the attempted sacrifice in a demonic summoning ritual, similar to what Arkaham sacrificed his wife to, which he overcame with his will and gave him both his tattoos and power. It's pure speculation but I expect the name will relate to Chistianity or Christian philosophy, as they typically have in the past.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Élan_vital

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
He's the character I most interested in.

50% sure he's just Vergil under an alias or a clone etc.

if he had to be related to Sparda, I'm hoping he's Dante's kid.

I rather he be some dude caught up in the drama.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
If the new information about V is real, he is probably Nero's twin, but there is something still weird about it, since Vitale couldn't be his real name.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
I dont know how I feel about him potentially being a random character. This is supposedly the conclusion of the sons of Sparda as far as Itsuno is concerned. Mundus has returned for revenge, Vergil is back, Trish will have her biggest role since DMC1 (which makes sense if the baddy is Mundus), and out of nowhere we got this random guy as one of the titular characters? The three main characters to end the sons of Sparda story are, Dante, Nero and random guy?

Just saying, either way i'm sure i'll enjoy it.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I dont know how I feel about him potentially being a random character. This is supposedly the conclusion of the sons of Sparda as far as Itsuno is concerned. Mundus has returned for revenge, Vergil is back, Trish will have her biggest role since DMC1 (which makes sense if the baddy is Mundus), and out of nowhere we got this random guy as one of the titular characters? The three main characters to end the sons of Sparda story are, Dante, Nero and random guy?

Just saying, either way i'm sure i'll enjoy it.
most of those are from the leak proved to be false

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
https://www.resetera.com/threads/le...-5-info-potential-heavy-spoilers-inside.8198/

This has been proven false? Posted in 2017 and most have come true.
>Originally DMCV was intended to be announced at PSX but after receiving feedback on their E3 press conference, Sony decided to scale back on PSX and instead scale up E3 2018. DMCV was an unfortunate casualty of this choice and thus it’s unlikely that DMCV gets officially revealed in 2017.
>There is some form of Playstation exclusivity involved. Sony is paying for some of the funding for the game but the extent of it is not known. Could be completely PS4 exclusive, console exclusive or timed exclusive. If the game is announced publicly then it will be at a Sony event, which is why many people thought that it was going to be at PSX.

See? It's pretty much early "leak" that seems to be false per see. I would wait and see before taking anything of those seriously. also
>Characters switch during key story points in the game.
It directoly contradicts new information.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
>Originally DMCV was intended to be announced at PSX but after receiving feedback on their E3 press conference, Sony decided to scale back on PSX and instead scale up E3 2018. DMCV was an unfortunate casualty of this choice and thus it’s unlikely that DMCV gets officially revealed in 2017.
>There is some form of Playstation exclusivity involved. Sony is paying for some of the funding for the game but the extent of it is not known. Could be completely PS4 exclusive, console exclusive or timed exclusive. If the game is announced publicly then it will be at a Sony event, which is why many people thought that it was going to be at PSX.

See? It's pretty much early "leak" that seems to be false per see. I would wait and see before taking anything of those seriously. also
>Characters switch during key story points in the game.
It directoly contradicts new information.
So has it been proven false or not? I really dont want to argue with you, esspecially about which leak/rumor is more true (unless your "new information" is a fact).

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
So has it been proven false or not? I really dont want to argue with you, esspecially about which leak/rumor is more true (unless your "new information" is a fact).
I'm not arguing, I just highlighted stuff proved to be false. As far as I know new information comes directly from capcom. But I'll think we need to wait and see.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
where did you get he was Nero's twin

he was adopted by Nico's family
Apparent age, built, demonic powers, etc. It's possible V is totally unrelated to Sparda's blood, but lazy as Capcom is, V is Nero's twin or Dante's son.

By the way official information subverts 4chan rumour since it confirms there are no angels in DMC universe and no mention of magic stuff or whatsoever.
For what I know Nico's family didn't adopt him too because that theory is too from this rumour and it was never mentioned before.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It be funny if he does turn out to be Half-angel. They could always change their minds about it. After all thats how we got DMC3.

@Innsmouth talked about how he could be a time displaced young sparda a la Bayonetta.

Another way to use that is he's a young version that we play as in flashbacks. Or also a time displaced Vergil etc.

He could be DmC Dante or Vergil in disguise. He could even be the DmC version of Nero.

Tvtropes theorized that V is actually a woman which is possible and not that big of stretch given how androgynous Japanese character design can be.

He could also be a rebranded/redesign Lucia which I'm not too fond of. An older Patty could work tho.

If i had to choose between Dante's son and Nero's twin, I'd choose Dante's son.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So the issue with him being Dante and Lady's kid is where was he during the anime and 4? The real world answer was he wasn't thought off yet similar to why Lady isn't in 1 or Nero in 2. The in-universe answer maybe he was rather young or not born yet?

Lani

I think UncannyGarlic is headed in the right direction.I finally decided to watch the official dmc5 music video since it was said people havent found all the hints in regards to V. I did see a flash of bones,vials, and dolls. Dolls have been used in rituals.I saw flashes of bound hands. What I found interesting was I saw a photo of a adult and infant/child. Maybe V and/or his mom were sacrifices?

Top Bottom