• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who is more evil

Meg

They are both equally greedy in my opinion. EA's Origin crap crosses the line though.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Definitetly EA. Their Origin service is more what I can call Spyware downloader. I used it twice for Battlefield 3 beta test version( I have account In Origin), secondly I buyed one FPS on it and always I have antivirus alerts as this thing is downloading malicious things to my comp.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I think you mean who loves money more . if you opened this thread because you are upset from COD games then it's not activision's fault , it's infinity ward
I started to hate COD games after MW3 got released cuz it's the same as MW2. they don't care about the fans , they just want to get more money.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I think you mean who loves money more . if you opened this thread because you are upset from COD games then it's not activision's fault , it's infinity ward
I started to hate COD games after MW3 got released cuz it's the same as MW2. they don't care about the fans , they just want to get more money.
Don't blame activision for exploiting games gotcha

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Again, I really can't see why that is evil. I would call it lazy. But evil? Not really.
by evil i mean greedy and not caring about quality or the fans
I know neither are evil because both EA and Activision have done charity (EA with Childrens hospital and Activision with call of duty fund (Which unites military families) ) but neither care about fans instead all they care about is money
the Call of Duty fund was rather a way for Activision to try to cover up all pointless suing and exploiting games they did.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Both are businesses. Insanely huge businesses. They are doing what is necessary in business and doing it rather well, as it happens. Shareholders, investors, the stock market - all these and more are dependent to a greater or lesser degree on the successes of these two publishing giants. They have to make money - it's kind of the point aside from making games, of course.

I wouldn't say it's fair to outright call either EA or Activision greedy and uncaring about fans and quality - on the contrary, I think they try to at least attain a decent if not better level of quality in their products even if it doesn't seem much of an improvement over the last title they churned out. The companies contained within EA and Activision do indeed care about fans and ask for their input, from what I can gather, but it's not always possible or even sensible to include what fans want in the next game of whatever.

If fans are willing to pay and play then there is really little point in trying to make out that one or the other is "evil". They are just doing what any sensible business plan would incorporate: generate more profits in order to continue growth, expansion and finances. We live in a world largely preoccupied with the making and spending of money; to call a company greedy for doing the same thing could border on hypocritical unless you do not operate with money yourself.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I just don't much like Bobby Kotick. Or maybe just the things he has been quoted as having said/his attitude.

Suits and 'studio execs' in general come across as being all about the money and not the art. Which is mostly true. Kotick 'saved' Activision and now he wants his due. That's understandable. But it doesn't mean I have to like him. ;)

Dark Drakan

Admin
I just don't much like Bobby Kotick. Or maybe just the things he has been quoted as having said/his attitude.

Suits and 'studio execs' in general come across as being all about the money and not the art. Which is mostly true. Kotick 'saved' Activision and now he wants his due. That's understandable. But it doesn't mean I have to like him. ;)

Bobby Kotick is everything that is wrong with the industry personified.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
lets have a compatition all of them pick 1 character from one of their games and whoever wins the fight is the most evil for creating an ultra powerful character hmmm i pick glaser from starbound (my game) in midways place HAHAHAA!!! evil laugh

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
So why do i care ? if a midget dictator used a sacred symbol ? if a dictator uses cross will that symbol become evil for you ?

no, because i'm not religious and my beliefs are... lacking... *le gasp*
Obviously it bothered you or else you wouldn't have picked on my post...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
So why do i care ? if a midget dictator used a sacred symbol ? if a dictator uses cross will that symbol become evil for you ?

You must also remember that the Nazi Swastika is different from the religious one. The Nazi one is turned backwards.

Top Bottom