• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who agrees that Sparda should get his own prequel game?

Do you think Sparda should get his own game?

• Yeah he should.

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • Nah,I should stay with Dante.

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

Chloe_Ryder;263479 said:
Who said Nero's 'raw' power exceeds Dante and Sparda? That's just ridiculous. 'Raw' does not mean more powerful. It means wild, untamed, yet to be mastered. Sparda trained Dante and Vergil, which is why Dante was capable of beating Nero and Sanctus etc etc. Ugh, anyway, actually don't even respond to that, because the theory is not believable at all.

The novel said Dante thinks in terms of raw power, Nero is stronger than him. By the logic of anyone who believes Dante is more powerful than Sparda, then Nero is also more powerful than Sparda. Raw in this sense means like total, like if they were in a bench pressing contest. It is very ridiculous, even without the comparison to Sparda, which is another reason I call shenanigans on the DMC4 novel.

I don't think there's any reason to carry on this little debate about Sparda being weaker than any of his lineage. I've made my point, and you've made your point, as to exactly why Sparda is unlikely to be used in the same sentence as 'weak'. Why call DT out on proving his theory if we've already presented enough reason to debunk his theory? It's asking for trouble, that's what it is. Leave dead-ends dead, and let's get back to the actual topic discussion, yes?
I wasn't even responding to Dread originally, that's the thing. He just said that there's no proof that Sparda is stronger. I'm not arguing against a theory he has or anything like that. I was originally correcting KOH's assertion that Dante was more powerful than Sparda.

But you're right, I have made my point. It is just a habit I have to keep arguing until the other person concedes (if they are wrong), or until they remove their position from the argument. I don't see the big deal with that really. How are arguments meant to be carried out on this forum anyway? I'm serious, someone VM or PM about this.

Vampi

Why isn't there an option for "Nah, i rather have Vergil". I'm pretty tired of Dante (btw i didn't vote, sorry). He basically did what he had to do already, avenge his mother's death and his brother's corruption or whatever. Now he's just bumming around bored to death. I don't want Dante's character to be dragged down to just pure fanservice since no one wants to see Vergil take the series in a whole new more serious and dark direction (unlike Nero which is all generic and light-hearted about love and crap).

And BTW, Sparda pwns all! Do not doubt this. Neither Vergil nor Dante can ever surpass or get up to his level of power. He is a full demon, the Twins are not. No matter how much we want them to be the true LDK, they don't have full demon power to be exactly like Sparda. I'm not saying they can't be the new LDK...but trying to emulate exactly what Sparda did is next to impossible unless the Twins join together...and that's really the only way. Dante and Vergil must both be together in order to even be close to Sparda's level of power, they can't do it alone. And even then, that might not be enough.

Just don't touch on Sparda that's all. He is a legend and the most powerful being in the DMC universe.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
moseslmpg;263487 said:
How are arguments meant to be carried out on this forum anyway? I'm serious, someone VM or PM about this.

With care :lol:

Meg

@Chloe- Holy crap I was just about to say something like that, but you beat me to it. :p

moseslmpg

Lexy;263507 said:
With care :lol:
As far as I can tell, I am being careful. I have solid logic behind every point, don't use any ad hominems, offer my opponents a chance to offer evidence for their argument, and have not violated any forums rules (except double posting once). I don't know what else I can do beyond complimenting someone in every post.

Btw, Vampi, you're looking very nice today ;) I love those new earrings, very flattering. :p

Edit: Although I don't think they should make a Sparda game, it would be nice to have some characters related to Sparda. Beowulf was a good start. Also, more focus on the culture of demons and Hell is a good thing. But I don't think we have to have Sparda to do that; Vergil will suffice.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I did the same and still managed to personally offend somebody somehow.

If there was a debate section of the site with its own rules it could make serious discussion topics more stable and less inflammatory if they follow some kind of debating 'protocol'. Can't see it happening.

King of Hell

Must Die
ok, about Sparda & Dante's power.

from DMC1:
Griffon: yours is definitely the powers of Sparda, NO, even more so.

^^now this doesn't mean that Dante was stronger in DMC1, but it means one of three options:
Dante>Sparda by a very small margine
Dante=Sparda
Dante<Sparda by a very small margine

Griffon is one of the generals who fought against (& with) Sparda, so he knows Sparda very well, if their powers are close, he can make the mistake of assuming one is stronger than the other, but if Sparda is a million times more powerful, he'd never make that ridiculous statement.

now skip a few years, you get DMC4 Dante. his powers grew, so he either grew very very close to Sparda, or maybe surpassed him.

but I wouldn't tell anybody they're wrong if they said Sparda is stronger than Dante, the legend says he's one of the most powerful demons (if not THE most powerful).

but I gotta say, DMC2 Dante = God! according to capcom, that game seems too far into the future, which means Dante's powers have grown A LOT. nothing even seems to irritate him, he grew from struggling against a demon god in DMC1, to annihilating a god with a single charged bullet.

they're too close in terms of power (in DMC4, anyway), & the full demon argument doesn't work, in the DMC universe, humanity gives you power, Sparda embraced humanity, it was actually the theme in DMC4, Agnus lost to Dante because "he surrendered his humanity".

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Are we seriously arguing about the power comparision of Dante and Sparda?Guys,look...please make a thread on that or something.This thread was made just for everyone's opinion on if Sparda should get his own game or not,not to compare the power of Dante and his father.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
King of Hell;264069 said:
they're too close in terms of power (in DMC4, anyway), & the full demon argument doesn't work, in the DMC universe, humanity gives you power, Sparda embraced humanity, it was actually the theme in DMC4, Agnus lost to Dante because "he surrendered his humanity".

This is what I've always thought; when Griffon states Dante's powers are greater than Sparda's, I always understood it that what he meant - rather than speaking in terms of raw power - was that Dante has the best of both worlds, the perspective, freedom of judgement and capability for compassion of a human, and the sheer strength and resolve of a demon.

Being flexible, capable of changing emotionally and tactically to meet a situation (which Dante does to an extent in the games) makes a sapling stronger than a full-grown tree when weathering the storm, if you see my point. I figured that's what he meant.

He might have been talking about actual power but I doubt it - being half human wouldn't logically contribute much in strength toward Dante's physical make-up... but him being able to adapt and deal like a human would give him a tactical advantage over a stoic demon who does nothing but defend his honour, or approaches everything single-mindedly and never changes tack or view.

Part of the reason I thought it also was that Dante actually considers his human side (and his ability to feel pain, sorrow etc.) 'a gift', so he understands the plus points of being human over being demon. Embracing and not rejecting himself, using both sides of himself to accomplish his goal, he is stronger for it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Griffon also had said "Yours are DEFINITELY the powers of Sparda. No... Even more so." Meaning that he was talking about his strength and such.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
One can take it literally if one wants, but you can also take it as though he means Dante is akin to Sparda, he senses that, and that there's something 'more' than just that.

Otherwise why not just say "you are just as powerful as Sparda" rather than using slightly more archaic and ambiguous sentence structure - after all the word 'powers' doesn't necessarily refer to strength all the time.

King of Hell

Must Die
Sparda became a legend after he embraced humanity, Trish "cried" so she embraced humanity & thus she became a better ally, Dante won against Vergil because he embraced his humanity instead of rejecting it, Lucia was stronger than the other versions created by Arius because she was raised as a human who shares the blood with the devils. so humanity gives power, not physical power, but it gives emotional power & motivation, & evantually, a goal. demons seek more power, while humans embrace the power they have, use it effectively, & have a motivation other than seeking more power. Vergil had more potential than his father, he just didn't realize it.

Satsui no Hado

Once again guys,please make a thread with the topic of comparing Dante and Sparda's power.Because this thread has nothing to do with comparing the power of those two.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil of War;264084 said:
Once again guys,please make a thread with the topic of comparing Dante and Sparda's power.Because this thread has nothing to do with comparing the power of those two.

We are comparing their power because someone said that playing a game with Sparda's power would be too easy, and we're trying to prove him wrong. We are still on topic.

Satsui no Hado

^Yeah but still,you guys are comparing Dante and Sparda's power on a thread that has nothing to do with that.And besides,wouldn't Sparda's gameplay being easy or not depend on Capcom?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil of War;264086 said:
^Yeah but still,you guys are comparing Dante and Sparda's power on a thread that has nothing to do with that.And besides,wouldn't Sparda's gameplay being easy or not depend on Capcom?

Someone suggested that, and then someone said that Capcom would get flamed or something for making Sparda quote unquote "weaker".

Satsui no Hado

*Raises eyebrow*Um,considering they are able to make difficult games of Goku(a character that can blow up a planet)...I'm sure they could do the same with Sparda.But whatever,sorry if I'm seeming like such a crybaby about this.

moseslmpg

KOH, your logic is so sloppy and prejudiced that there's hardly any point in responding to you. You are ignoring the fact of the matter in favor of hearsay that you don't even understand.

I think we should make a new thread since there is obviously more to the Sparda/Dante thing than I originally thought. I'll start a thread discussing whether Dante's hair is really white or he is wearing a wig as well, since that is about as valid a question :eyeroll:

-------------

Anyway, DOW, there is a difference with Goku. Goku slowly build up to his ultimate power level through training, the power of friendship, and all that regular anime crap. Sparda, as fr as we know, was at his most powerful during his battle in Hell. The only way that they could make the game challenging is by artificially weakening him, which isn't a problem in itself. But then, what is the point of playing as Sparda if he is just basically a Dante skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom