• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

which dante do u prefer?(I mean the character design)

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
uhh i cant see the picture but i thionk dante's dmc2 dt looks kinda cool though and i also like the sparda dt, its a must lol

Mobfigurz

Question - In DMC2, when your energy was real low and you had just enough power in your DT gauge to DT, you unleashed an awesomely Powerful demon who shot out big Purple Fire Balls.

Well, I never really found out about that, but have always been curious. I know it wasnt Dante's true Demon appearance (Sparda), cos we saw that in DMC1, any clues?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yup that's Sparda as stated above. DMC2 made Dante transform into something new(and ugly imo:p ) so since the demon form of Dante was different they created a diffent Sparda who just looked like a kick *** demon(and really was a kick *** demon:lol: though ugly too:p )

Mobfigurz

DMC2 was strange all round, but I still think the Dante of that series was good.

Unlike most people, I dont think it was such a bad game, okay it didnt live up to our expectations and compared to the other games it wasnt on par, but it was DMC none the less.
Its strange though, its so different to the DMC1 and DMC3, and I think it should be forgotten.

aoshi

OK.
I dont see why dante needs to be a pretty face to hunt down demons.I mean he is not here to wow women with his good looks.I jus think the the first concept art went with the whole rockin dante of DMC3.Now that he is older may be he is little rough.I also liked the jacket in that costume.But since DMC4 was after DMC1 chronologically,He has that DMC1 costume and also the same look but his shoulders are too broad and he does not look free flowin.I do like the new concept art.I was jus wonderin if the previous one was good or bad.And to top it all,the voice actor is of Vergil's.I jus dont see the combination.May be a deep voice would have been good but vergil's voice actor is so aggressive.

Dante of DMC2 was the best concept art till now in the DMC series.May be the game sucked but the concept art was still good(I mean of dante).

Mobfigurz

Yes, but it helps to have a character that you like, may that be a combination of looks and attitude, style and abilities.

We for the most part play as Dante, so you put yourself in his position, would you like it if Dante didnt look like the person we know from all DMC's, rather if he looked like Ken from Street Fighter or some other character more hideous in looks.
Its like when you watch a movie that involves two guys and one girl, you'll always be hoping for that one character to get the girl, the one you favour and the one portrayed as the good guy. For instance, 'The Prestige', I hated the fact that Hugh Jackman got screwed over, I wanted him to come out on top.

Atikkin

Shrine Child
In my opinion, Dante doesn't look that bad in DMC4. He appears to be more realistic. He also seems to have this dangerous aura surrounding him; probably because he's older he knows multiple ways to kill a demon.

But honestly, I liked the designs in DMC3; Dante looked pretty darn cool. The same thing goes for Vergil. I also liked DMC3 because there were multiple different designs of Dante to choose from, so it was interesting seeing him with a different look.

Kaihedgie

While the most recent design is pretty cool, nothing looks better than his second design, in my opinion as well as his own Devil Trigger. (WINGS I tell you!)

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Dmc3 Dante is so damn hot!And DmC 4 Dante is good too, older, but still cool. But the picture of Dante in these magazine scans?
OH SO DAMN HIDEOUS!I"D HAVE KILLED MYSELF IF THEY MADE HIM LOOK SOOOO UGGGLLLYYYY!

D

Deleted member 209

Mobfigurz;16113 said:
I think the majority of us, if not all of us think the current/latest look of Dante's, DMC4 Dante is the best.

I quiet like the fact that we jump from the young Dante of DMC3 to the more established, older, wiser and darker Dante of DMC4.

I agree ^_^

as long as they don't use the old one, or the promo version I'm happy.

Mobfigurz

Its almost assured, I'd say its garaunteed to be the Dante we see in the Demo's, since the game development has moved closer to completion.

I just read that the game is due for launch in Autumn in Europe and I believe thats DMC4's second port of call, second to Asia of course.

"Given that Devil May Cry 4 was already playable for the public last fall, it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that Capcom's readying the high-profile action sequel for a fall 2007 release abroad, too. Mark Beaumont, Capcom's executive VP and newly appointed head of consumer software in Europe, spoke with GamesIndustry.biz, where he dropped the unsurprising -- but appreciated -- dating tidbit."

aoshi

No person had seen that character design in motion.It does not look that bad to me.That is a good character design.May be the script demanded a dante that has the costume of DMC1.
Dont tell me that u find this dante a handsome hunk.
normal_devil-may-cry-3-special-edition-case.jpg

Please, he is wearin a coat with no shirt.

justice

the fact is that we are getting neither of the dante version we have seen. cant remember where i heard it but they have said that the version we have seen until now is just to show what they can do with the new graphic engine. put that aside and my favorite dante is definetly the dmc 4 official trailer dante, because he has some really cool boots.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
aoshi;18771 said:
No person had seen that character design in motion.It does not look that bad to me.That is a good character design.May be the script demanded a dante that has the costume of DMC1.
Dont tell me that u find this dante a handsome hunk.
normal_devil-may-cry-3-special-edition-case.jpg

Please, he is wearin a coat with no shirt.

So what?Shirtless or naked,Dante is Dante and hot as hell...wearing less clothes doesn't make anyone unattractive(just the opposite,really:lol: :p )

Mobfigurz

How about some in game romance, I think Trish and Dante would be a good pairing, except for the fact that she looks like his Mother, thats just weird.

But since we see Dante half naked, how about some females wearing next to nothing, spice up the scenary.

Top Bottom