• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats your favorite boss fight and what is your least favorite boss fight in dmc1

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Favorite has to be Nelo Angelo, despite giving me sore thumbs during my first playthrough of the game. It was an intense encounter that requiered very fast reflexes, attention at his attacks and being wise about when to use your own.

Phantom is definitely my least favorite. I don't know, the overall way you fight him doesn't really feel exciting. Almost to the point where, while I'm looking forward to the other bosses, I just keep wishing I could skip Phantom. Even worse, it makes me feel like fighting him in DMC2 is even better.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I like Phantom the most he was just awesome and was a smart ass just like DMC1 Dante was xD
My least favorite boss is easily Griffon whenever he would show up he would annoy the crap out of me :mad:

S.F.W

King of Hearts
Favorite is of course Nelo Angelo. Least favorite is Nightmare. Never have I had so many deaths by an enemy in a DMC game.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Nelo Angelo is my favorite and Mundus is my least favorite boss fight. All of the boss fights IMO were kind of bad its just that Phantom and Nelo were at least terriblee because I knew I died because I failed or wasn't good enough not because the game was being cheap, dirty, and the camera was trying to f*ck me over (granted the camera did try to f*ck me over in those boss fights too). Out of all the boss fights in any game I played I hate Mundus the most much more than Jasper Batt Jr and any boss in NMH and they're plenty of bosses in their that can 1 hit KO you. What makes Mundus boss fights so terrible....the flying segment. One thing I never liked about Kamiya's games is that he constantly throws in some cheap (some of the times bad) gimmicks that ruins the flows of the game. If the game is a stylish action about pulling off sick combos WHY THE F*CK AM I FLYING AND SHOOTING like this is a flight game simulator. Its fine but the real problem is that the controls were so bad it was hard to navigate the Dante. I was supposed to feel like I'm operating a badass transformed into a bigger badass not feel like I'm operating a drunk dude. This also goes to the underwater segments....OH JOY UNDERWATER SEGMENTS....those are already bad as it is but Kamiya made it much MORE worse by making it 1st person....YES 1ST PERSON VIEW andf change the controls as well as make it play terribly. This is why I prefer DMC3 & DMC4 as well as DMC2 because at least Itsuno and his team knows for an action game it is best to focus only on aspect....the KEY GAMEPLAY and nothing but non-stop hack n slash gameplay not interrupt that so I can go swimming or flying in a plane well at least Bayonetta's & Viewtiful Joe's pointless gameplay distractions were mildly enjoyable although with Bayonetta's gameplay.....I'll rather combo a boss to death rather than go surf boarding, pull off QTEs, ride on a rocket, and mash buttons. I did like the motorcycle segments though.....I think I got off tracked.

8BitHero

Scrub
I think Nelos "awesomeness" is added by the fact here reveals his true self which is similar to Dante/Vergil AND his has an awesome theme.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
My favourite fight is with Nelo Angelo 3, my least favorite... i think it's Nightmare 3 because even nowadays i get myself screwing up in that last fight and getting hit where i shouldn't be haha.

Frazz

General gamer
Favorite fight: Nelo Angelo battle 1 and Nightmare battle 2 (I may be the only one who liked this fight!)

Least favorite: Flying part of the Mundus boss fight - I am always bad at those dodge the obstacles flying at you things!!

epicfallen

Favourite: I guess I'd say Nelo Angelo, but the third fight took me a while XD But the whole cutscene when Dante receives the other half of the amulet and Sparda awakens was absolutely epic.

Least Favourite: Probably Mundus 2 because I died the most on that fight. But it was the best feeling when I finally did it. Only to discover that wasn't the end...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
favorite has to be the third fight with nelo angelo my least favorite would have to be phantom as its boring fight

Top Bottom