• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your idea of a hardcore DMC fan?

Spardavergildante

dragon master omg i u're like me the only thing that's missinh is the cosplay that's all and also my dream of mine is too meet dante the real dante if u know what i mean reuben langdon

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Who bumped this thread? Was it really needed considering that it can again lead to DmC v................... ah, chuck it! I'm in a good mood today.

What I consider a harcore DmC fan;

Someone who can't get over the fact that all people don't like the reboot.

Someone who whines about people whining to Kamiya about the reboot.

Someone who butt-licks NT.

Someone who'll except anything DmC.

Someone who let's new things get the better of them. (New Dante's gameplay over Dante's gameplay in DMC4? REALY?)

Someone who owns every single DmC/NT related thing.

Someone who will defend DmC no matter what.

Someone who gets mad when someone else declares "Old Dante is better."

Someone who hates a fanfic writer because he/she didn't use new Dante.

Someone who stalks you after saying "DmC sucks compared to *insert angry god killer or glasses wearing sex object here or cyborg ninja*"

Spardavergildante

i think that theres's a missunderstanding betwenn us sandaime hokage dante is fictional characterhe shouldn't look like a real person ( how ninja theory made him look like ) but what i didn't really like in that game is that how how they changed the story ( eva being an angel ....) and also didn't like the ambiance of it i mean when u play it everything shiny even in the darkest places it's still shiny not like the other dmc with the dark ambiance and plus they ignored reuben langdon who had been dante for years and ge made him look cool stylish i don't buy everything that crapcom makes i just love the original story love the soudtrack of the games and the anime
and more importantly loce dante , his behaviour he's stylish polite ,and cocky it's like ninja theory changed the whole game but they kept the names of the chartacers and the name of the game and for the record i hate DmC and
it was said that ninja theory wanted to make a white haired dante at the begening but capcom said if we want to make the old dante then we should make the game ourselves and it wouldn't be reboot
i think well actually i hope that capcom will finally please her fan by making a real DMC in wich we can play with our badass dante again not with a punk or his brother's son( although nero is still better then the new dante )
and maybe just maybe we can get to play with sparda now how about that what u think guys
i mean if they make it i will jump from the roof and i'll finally die happy without any regrets and deagon master i agree with u i only the novels because they were worth it i watched the anime because it's way better and cooler and then any other anime they're making these days ( and yeah better then shippuden in my opinion ) i covered the songs because they're some heck of songs i still now these can't get shall never surrender out of my head

Spardavergildante

i don't know if i'm a hardcore fan i would only consider myself one only when i meet the creator of dmc and with dante the real life reuben langdon

IncarnatedDemon

i think that theres's a missunderstanding betwenn us sandaime hokage dante is fictional characterhe shouldn't look like a real person ( how ninja theory made him look like ) but what i didn't really like in that game is that how how they changed the story ( eva being an angel ....) and also didn't like the ambiance of it i mean when u play it everything shiny even in the darkest places it's still shiny not like the other dmc with the dark ambiance and plus they ignored reuben langdon who had been dante for years and ge made him look cool stylish i don't buy everything that crapcom makes i just love the original story love the soudtrack of the games and the anime
and more importantly loce dante , his behaviour he's stylish polite ,and cocky it's like ninja theory changed the whole game but they kept the names of the chartacers and the name of the game and for the record i hate DmC and
it was said that ninja theory wanted to make a white haired dante at the begening but capcom said if we want to make the old dante then we should make the game ourselves and it wouldn't be reboot
i think well actually i hope that capcom will finally please her fan by making a real DMC in wich we can play with our badass dante again not with a punk or his brother's son( although nero is still better then the new dante )
and maybe just maybe we can get to play with sparda now how about that what u think guys
i mean if they make it i will jump from the roof and i'll finally die happy without any regrets and deagon master i agree with u i only the novels because they were worth it i watched the anime because it's way better and cooler and then any other anime they're making these days ( and yeah better then shippuden in my opinion ) i covered the songs because they're some heck of songs i still now these can't get shall never surrender out of my head

No, you misunderstood me. My point was that people who says NTDante is better than original Dante because he is more relateable is not valid = true.
And that Dante is not a character that was created to cater to our need of having a character to relate to.
That Dante is a videogame character, and we like him independt of how relateable he is.
I also did not mean to imply that original Dante is not relateable. He is.

:)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
i don't know if i'm a hardcore fan i would only consider myself one only when i meet the creator of dmc and with dante the real life reuben langdon

If you want to respond to people's posts, click on the 'reply' option in the bottom right of their post so you can quote them, and then post your response. If you want to reply to more than one person, you can follow the same route multiple times BEFORE you hit the post reply button.
It's forum rules: no double posting.

Also, I don't know what a hardcore fan would really be like. The kind you just kind of don't screw around with? :3
I'd say collecting all the merchandise (action figures, posters, special editions of everything, all the novels, manga, anime and comic, games, etc) and, as someone else previously stated, being somewhat obsessive with the franchise, would be a hardcore fan.

I think most here would consider themselves hardcore, but that depends on ones own individual interpretation of that word (note: not to be confused with fanboy/fangirl).
I mean how far would you go as a hardcore fan? Boycotting the reboot? Sending death-threats to NT and Capcom?
Or is it being so unfailingly loyal to a fandom that the concept of change is heresy?

Personally, I dote on this franchise (and even a little teeny bit on the reboot, too). I love Dante's character because, unlike what was posted before, I can relate to a lot of what he's went through. He's got some qualities in him that I strive for in myself: I mean, c'mon, the dude had two broken arms and he still tried to take down Chen despite the major setback. You gotta admire his insanity.
Unfortunately, unlike most members here, I don't get paid an allowance by my parents nor do I earn enough income to afford half as many games and collectibles as some. Yet I've bought four copies - yes, FOUR - of DMC4 since it was first released, because apparently this game and I have bad chemistry or something. And now I'm renting the damn thing from my video store just so I can beat it on all levels. That's $5 a week. I have to take it back today but I'm going to throw my money at them because I neeeeeeeed to play this game.
I've been writing Dmc fanfiction for a few years now - I'm working on two canon pieces that I'm aiming to send to Capcom for consideration. They need the money, right? =) I've watched the anime so many times that I can quote every episode off by heart. I've read the manga and novel and comic even more times than that. I have books filled with notes on the franchise as a whole.

With that said, I'm a casual gamer. I haven't played all the games. I've never even seen DMC1 and 2 in game stores. I've tried my hand at 3, and had return it to my friend after a few months of failing to play it through. I always get stuck on the Sanctus battle in 4 on SoS mode before my disc would bust. I'm still playing DmC through on Nephilim(?) or the level after that.

Maybe one day, when all my kids are in school and I've got hours upon hours of free time, I can actually pursue becoming a hardcore gamer?

IncarnatedDemon

I honestly have a basic idea to know if your a hardcore fan or not. And i am confident that most of us will agree to this definition.

A hardcore fan is a fan that is very passionate about the subject. So if you have alot of passion for original DMC for example, then your a hardcore fan.

Here is why. The passion will manifest itself in a way that will be positive to the serie.You may do one or more of these acts that is powered by your passion for DMC:
  • Tell a friend to try Devil May Cry
  • Draw Devil May Cry art
  • Write a fan fiction
  • Cosplay
  • Have constructive discussion about Devil May Cry
  • Buy a DMC product
  • Upload a gameplay video showing off your skills

Spardavergildante

with saying that u want to consider your self as the only hardcore fan of dmc is what u're saying u confirming that i'm a fanboy/gir and u're a hardocore if i'm a f boy then i would've completed DmC just because it has the title of DmC well guess what i didn't even buy it i borow it from a freind and i didn't like cause it wasn't worth buying and i wrote some dmc fictions too u know but the thing i'm gonna post them since they're not complete yet and as for how far will i go as a hardcore fan of DMC well to be honest i'm ready to work in the capture and the voice acting for free just because it's dmc of course when it's not a reboot
i want to do just reuben had done ( he worked for bouth of them for a low coast cause loved being dante )
and how would i know that if i were only a fan ?!? think again will ya pls

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Who bumped this thread? Was it really needed considering that it can again lead to DmC v................... ah, chuck it! I'm in a good mood today.

What I consider a harcore DmC fan;

Someone who can't get over the fact that all people don't like the reboot.

Someone who whines about people whining to Kamiya about the reboot.

Someone who butt-licks NT.

Someone who'll except anything DmC.

Someone who let's new things get the better of them. (New Dante's gameplay over Dante's gameplay in DMC4? REALY?)

Someone who owns every single DmC/NT related thing.

Someone who will defend DmC no matter what.

Someone who gets mad when someone else declares "Old Dante is better."

Someone who hates a fanfic writer because he/she didn't use new Dante.

Someone who stalks you after saying "DmC sucks compared to *insert angry god killer or glasses wearing sex object here or cyborg ninja*"

Not very original of you, but whatever.

DragonMaster2010

No, you misunderstood me. My point was that people who says NTDante is better than original Dante because he is more relateable is not valid = true.
And that Dante is not a character that was created to cater to our need of having a character to relate to.
That Dante is a videogame character, and we like him independt of how relateable he is.
I also did not mean to imply that original Dante is not relateable. He is.

So what was the point of Dante mourning over his Trish's death in DMC1? Was hat not to gain a more relatable or otherwise emotional tug from the gamer?

IncarnatedDemon

So what was the point of Dante mourning over his Trish's death in DMC1? Was hat not to gain a more relatable or otherwise emotional tug from the gamer?
I was talking about the characters, Dante and NTDante. I said nothing about story.
The goal behind Dante was not to create a relateable character, but a awesome character. Kamiya cared little about how relateable Dante was.
That was my point.
Again Kamiya did not think "I will make a character that´s so relateable to what most people". His mindset was primarily to create a character independt of how relateable this character would turn out to be.

Spardavergildante

Not very original of you, but whatever.
now shall we talk on the new dmc if they're ever gonna make one
i mean i hope the cast won't be in japan or sthg
and what will it be about with who are we going to play
AND yeah i know i didn't say that say i wrote that i did wrote just like DanTe write pls check again :)

DragonMaster2010

now shall we talk on the new dmc if they're ever gonna make one
i mean i hope the cast won't be in japan or sthg
and what will it be about with who are we going to play
AND yeah i know i didn't say that say i wrote that i did wrote just like DanTe write pls check again :)

I honestly doubt a DmC2 will ever see the light of day, but I wish there would be a DmC2 though. DMC's got four games (two of which I don't even like) and the version of the series that I actually like only has one game to base off of.

I was talking about the characters, Dante and NTDante. I said nothing about story.
The goal behind Dante was not to create a relateable character, but a awesome character. Kamiya cared little about how relateable Dante was.
That was my point.
Again Kamiya did not think "I will make a character that´s so relateable to what most people". His mindset was primarily to create a character independt of how relateable this character would turn out to be.

Kamiya: "A character that you can sit down and drink a beer with."

IncarnatedDemon

I honestly doubt a DmC2 will ever see the light of day, but I wish there would be a DmC2 though. DMC's got four games (two of which I don't even like) and the version of the series that I actually like only has one game to base off of.

How does this prove anything more than what Kamiya said? Drinking a beer with and relating to a character are different.

Spardavergildante

yeah everyone has a a different opinion well i guess that it will be impossible for a sequel to the reboot ( it's a good thing for some ppl i'm one of them and it's a bad thing for others too though dmc will always stay dmc it won't turn into a car racing game ir sthg will it ? :p i hope they'll make a new dmc6 in wich we can get to know and why not play with sparda

DragonMaster2010

yeah everyone has a a different opinion well i guess that it will be impossible for a sequel to the reboot ( it's a good thing for some ppl i'm one of them and it's a bad thing for others too though dmc will always stay dmc it won't turn into a car racing game ir sthg will it ? :p i hope they'll make a new dmc6 in wich we can get to know and why not play with sparda

Don't get your hopes up to much, because judging by the results of Capcom, I doubt a DMC5 or DMC6 will be coming out either.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
a hardcore fan of anything is going to be one who believes greatly in the series and puts a lot of love and interests into it. however, there are two types of hardcore fans.
the open minded fans and the conservative fans. i am an open minded hardcore fan. and i love the series for what it is. and i want the best for it. but i am open to changes. and a lot of the devil may cry fanbase is very conservative. and i don't hate them for it. thats just the kind of fans they are.

Spardavergildante

i
a hardcore fan of anything is going to be one who believes greatly in the series and puts a lot of love and interests into it. however, there are two types of hardcore fans.
the open minded fans and the conservative fans. i am an open minded hardcore fan. and i love the series for what it is. and i want the best for it. but i am open to changes. and a lot of the devil may cry fanbase is very conservative. and i don't hate them for it. thats just the kind of fans they are.
i'm the second type not the open minded one and i hope they'll make a dmc 6 they won't just give up such a great game for one reboot wich capcom was only the producer
capcom we've had enough of street fighter for now focus on dmc pls and not a reboot one

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
To be honest, I wouldn't know what qualifies to be a hardcore fan in the eyes of those who know me. I'd like to think that I am one. I've followed the series since day one. I loved it's take on revolutionizing hack-n-slashes. I loved DMC1 for creating the entire mythos and for having the one true Dante. I love DMC2 for experimenting with things, the take on an older more badass Dante, its introduction to new playable characters and basically creating everything that we would later see evolve into DMC3 and 4. I loved DMC3 for attempting to give us more insight on the wacky devil hunter in his younger years. As well as being the perfect blend of amazing game play and a campy story. I loved DMC4 for attempting to bring a new scenario into the mix and switching up the formula of game play that was done so perfectly in DMC3. The series has it's ups and downs but I still find myself loving every minute of it. Even today in 2013, I don't have a problem popping in the first DMC into my console and relaxing with hours of game play ofter all day at work.

Loved it as a kid, loving it as an adult. DMC will forever be a great chapter in my life and as sappy as this sounds, I loved the damned thing. Thank you for the experience. If the series happens to come to an end all of a sudden I'd be devastated but happy that I got to experience all the way through.

tumblr_msnkizIliK1rk9uyao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mkwl8p9nhr1rk9uyao1_1280.jpg

Top Bottom