• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you think about vergil is he evil or just childish

Vergil's soul is in Nero's arm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johntoreno07

I just made this thread only to discuss about vergil so that people don't go off-topic and also do you think is vergil in nero's arm or not ?? i think he definately is by this quote made by nero -

"that day forth my arm changed and a voice echoed in my head "power give me more power"

I think he isn't evil he never really tried to kill dante or lady when he had the chance arkham was the real villan of dmc 3 not vergil he just doens't care about unleashing the towers because he is so childish not evil

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You should have named the All-Purpose Vergil discussion thread.
Plus there already is a thread in the DMC4 section to discuss Vergil being in Nero's Arm.

To answer your other question- DMC could take place between the last 20 years or so.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
I'm pretty sure his spirit is locked within Nero's arm.
Oh, and he's not evil nor childish, he's the god of awesomeness.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
I don't believe Vergil is evil. Nor is he childish. I do believe that he is a lost soul doing whatever it takes to make sure that he doesn't lose anyone else he love/cares about.

Demon619

Deadman walking
I don't believe Vergil is evil. Nor is he childish. I do believe that he is a lost soul doing whatever it takes to make sure that he doesn't lose anyone else he love/cares about.

I agree with this.

Losing his mother most likely had a much greater effect on him then it did Dante, and this he never wanted anything like that to happen again. He believed if he had the power, then he could make sure he would never have anything like that happen again.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ehh, I dont think he is pure evil like other villians/antagonists and is more anti-hero-ish.

I think he can be redeemed if given the chance and i feel the best way to do that is after DMC1. The main driving force of his life was to get power and defeated mundus, what does he do when mundus is already beaten by someone else?

I dont know if he is childish since i dont know the context of which the poster is speaking of.

I do feel he and Dante might have a hard time empathizing with regular people.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
To be fair, I believe he is dedicated; dedicated to obtaining power, and surprassing everyone he fights. This probably dosent mean he's evil, (we all feel a little jealous sometimes...) and being childish? if anything, the young dante would be more childish than vergil. Vergil just has a goal, and he wants nothing more than to finish it.

ZeroLove

Vergil isn't evil, he is just driven by his search for power which unfortunately hurts alot of people. He is selfish and corrupt, but not necessarily evil.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Even though Vergil isnt *technically* evil, It dosent mean he wont become evil...
Absolute power drove everyone who ever had it off the edge. Thats why no one today has it.
Power can easly turn Vergil just like every other dictator in history.
But, for the sake of fanboyism, It could NEVER happen to good ol' Vergil :D

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Even though Vergil isnt *technically* evil, It dosent mean he wont become evil...
Absolute power drove everyone who ever had it off the edge. Thats why no one today has it.
Power can easly turn Vergil just like every other dictator in history.
But, for the sake of fanboyism, It could NEVER happen to good ol' Vergil :D

just look at light for example he thought he would "cleanse" the world but endedup becoming a pyschopath :-
130745_o.gif

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
He isn't the best example. After all he started all this because he was bored..

You need to watch DN again he wasn't bored Ryuk was !

EDIT :-
you think he is bored in this video ?

HE has his own ideals like Vergil has he wants power and we can clearly see what he does when he gets the power same goes for vergil

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
You need to watch DN again he wasn't bored Ryuk was !

EDIT :-
you think he is bored in this video ?

HE has his own ideals like Vergil has he wants power and we can clearly see what he does when he gets the power same goes for vergil

No I don't.

First episode/chapter. He admits to Ryuk that he wrote all that because he was bored. Then he envisioned all that crap into his mind about doing justice and becoming a god.

His ideals are an excuse because he feels guilty after he killed the first two guys as a test-drive. The moment he realized he had become a murderer he fell into despair. In order to escape guilt, he started thinking (for hours/days) trying to convince himself that it wasn't a chance that the Note came into his hands, and that he was the only one that was able to do this thing without losing track. (Which he did after he started killing innocent policemen/FBI etc.)

The bigger proof of that is that when he loses his memories he becomes a super-good guy, with more noble ideals than even L's, like his father. And tries frantically to apprehend that "crazy murderer" Kira.

The notebook twisted him. But he wrote the first name because he was bored, then went crazy.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Eh i think he wrote the first name ( because he was already bored of his boring life) and the suddenly magic happens and criminal dies so then he goes all psycho he didn't kill the first guy intentionally though he just "tested" it everyone would have done the same if they got a book like that anyway

Vergil on the other hand isn't a controlled person either he seems to be ever hungry for power and after he gets all the power desired what's the guarantee that he won't go all kira ? no there isn't

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Vergil on the other hand isn't a controlled person either he seems to be ever hungry for power and after he gets all the power desired what's the guarantee that he won't go all kira ? no there isn't

The difference is that Vergil's goal isn't all that noble/holy/great/righteous at all. However it is important to him and will do anything to achieve it. Anything. He doesn't care what others think.

Kira on the other hand tries so hard to persuade everyone and himself that the ends justify the means, even though in the end he is just a kid with too much free time and a quick-witted mind, armed with a killing machine. He definitely cares what others think, and if they disagree he is ready to kill them accordingly. In short he is a mad hypocrite.

Vergil is true to himself, and thus a better person. Yes he might kill you etc, but at least he won't try to play the nice guy friend or try and be the righteous servant of justice and stuff.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The difference is that Vergil's goal isn't all that noble/holy/great/righteous at all. However it is important to him and will do anything to achieve it. Anything. He doesn't care what others think.

Vergil is true to himself, and thus a better person. Yes he might kill you etc, but at least he won't try to play the nice guy friend or try and be the righteous servant of justice and stuff.

Yeah but that doesn't change in the end the vergil would've killed dante if got the chance but yes he is straight forward guy pretty much like GTFO or die

Top Bottom