• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you think about vergil is he evil or just childish

Vergil's soul is in Nero's arm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yeah but that doesn't change in the end the vergil would've killed dante if got the chance but yes he is straight forward guy pretty much like GTFO or die

I don't think he would have killed him. He had many opportunities, but never did it. It was mostly like his general attitude "If you get in my way I'll kick your ass, if you die in the process it's not my problem". Otherwise he would have eliminated him on their first duel. Even in their last battle, if he was really an evil bastard, he could stall Dante to trap him into the Demon World along with him. Instead he warned him and told him to leave before it was too late.

They like to duel, but seeing as they're monsters of power and regenerate extremely fast, they never are in any immediate danger of killing each other, unless they really want to.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I don't think he would have killed him. He had many opportunities, but never did it. It was mostly like his general attitude "If you get in my way I'll kick your ass, if you die in the process it's not my problem". Otherwise he would have eliminated him on their first duel. Even in their last battle, if he was really an evil *******, he could stall Dante to trap him into the Demon World along with him. Instead he warned him and told him to leave before it was too late.

They like to duel, but seeing as they're monsters of power and regenerate extremely fast, they never are in any immediate danger of killing each other, unless they really want to.

at 5:00 dante says "even if it means killing you" i think it was going through vergil's mind even if it takes his brother's life and destruction of human world to gain power

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
at 5:00 dante says "even if it means killing you" i think it was going through vergil's mind even if it takes his brother's life and destruction of human world to gain power

That just shows that he was really resolved about the whole thing. I don't think he would have actually killed him. (He could). Same for Vergil.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
That just shows that he was really resolved about the whole thing. I don't think he would have actually killed him. (He could). Same for Vergil.

yes but he didn't utter a single word when dante asked "what are going to do with all the power" that silence indicates it could be nothing he is blindly driven towards powered without any forethought or plans he just "wants" powers imagine what would he do if he gets it ? he would want more and more power resulting in a super evil vergil

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
yes but he didn't utter a single word when dante asked "what are going to do with all the power" that silence indicates it could be nothing he is blindly driven towards powered without any forethought or plans he just "wants" powers imagine what would he do if he gets it ? he would want more and more power resulting in a super evil vergil

I don't disagree with the thought that in the end Vergil didn't even have plans of what to do with his power.

Neither do I disagree that it's really possible for him to become super evil after acquiring it.

I'm not saying he's a good guy. Just that he wouldn't kill Dante without a reason.

I think in that final talk between them in Devil May Cry 3, Vergil realized that in the short while after the time he "invited" Dante to the tower, in order to take his amulet, Dante had matured a lot, both in power and character.

Dante came to the tower as an ignorant kid, without any goal, without any resolve. In the end he only wanted to see Vergil again. Since instead of talking they communicate through battle, the duel started the moment they met.

Back then Vergil had a plan (unbeknowest to Dante), a resolve and the power to see it through. Dante had nothing, so he lost.

In their last battle Dante knows exactly what Vergil wants, and desires to stop him. He throws questions about Vergil's purpose, to which Vergil only answers with rage. In this battle it is Dante that has a reason, a resolve and the power to see it through. Vergil realizes the more they talk that Dante is right. He doesn't want to hear it, doesn't want to accept it, so he attacks Dante instead of looking all cool and answering him as he usually does. That's why the battle was lost to him from the very beginning. And he kinda knew it deep down inside.

If instead of power he had some other well-thought plan, for which he was entirely sure and devoted, and Dante still tried to stop him, I think then yes he might have killed Dante during battle.

But I don't see him becoming purely evil. Mad yes. Evil no. Both are incredibly dangerous, but the first is unpredictable, thus scarier. And a never-ending lust for power leads there.

By the way, I love this discussion.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
By the way, I love this discussion.
He was emotionally bitter inside him everyone can feel his character aside from the flashy action he is just a lonely person

Not really dante killed his brother unknowingly in DMC1 but after he realises its too late Vergil is indeed a good person as he behaved neutrally to lady but sadly he was in the deranged/wrong path which ultimately leads to death/darkness :'(

this statement & anime shows the lonely life both half-devils
Idk why they have to battle each other if they can just sit down on a cafe eat pizza and talk it out instead a bloody battle

yes because he had the upper hand and dante was just "playing" while he was aiming for his amulet

yes ! that's what is REAL reson why vergil lost even though he was technically stronger/experienced than dante he was confused/puzzled because from the beginning he was just blindly seeking power without any forethought but he realised it too late but dante was clear and determined at that time so he won

yeah but then that game should be "vergil only" game in which Dante is the antagonist if dante has to die :(

But I don't see him becoming purely evil [I agree 1000%]

Mad yes. Evil no > mad is creepier and deadly just see those horror movies most of them are psychological horror not evil doctors or zombie apocalypse arkham was one ! pure evil as even dying he said "I just killed a miserable human so what ?" even though that miserable human was his wife ! idk why lady cried for such heartless bit**

And a never-ending lust for power leads there >> yes exactly Nelo angelo aka the slave "would you kindly kill dante" lol just like bioshock

By the way, I love this discussion Yeah me too hard to find topics other than DmC ^_^

Btw I hardly think DmC can deliver this much indulging characters and script writing

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I agree with mostly anything up there.

So we conclude that Vergil can turn out to be incredibly dangerous in his own way, yet never becoming what we call "evil".

Btw I hardly think DmC can deliver this much indulging characters and script writing

We'll just have to wait and see. Frankly up until now I'm not exactly thrilled about DmC. It seems a fun game, and if I have money by then I'll probably buy it, but nothing beats how I felt when I first saw this:

But maybe that's just meXD

CoolDemon

X will never be Y

So we conclude that Vergil can turn out to be incredibly dangerous in his own way, yet never becoming what we call "evil".

We'll just have to wait and see. Frankly up until now I'm not exactly thrilled about DmC. It seems a fun game, and if I have money by then I'll probably buy it, but nothing beats how I felt when I first saw this:

it's not just you. That opening is really nice story skills by CAPcom

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Yup he isn't evil at his heart just a broken person who needs his mummy and daddy back :)

We'll just have to wait and see

I've waited long enough still those trailers aren't any good makes me cry that white hair DT is just a horrible idea and overall makes dante more weaker in my eyes complains are complied in 86 pages and the good points of those trailers are almost nil

BTW when in the hell are they releasing anything about the goddamn story ! that's just annoying gives me a reason to blindly hate DmC like vergil they'd better release a decent trailer which calms the demon raging inside me i am tired of their interviews and biased one sided articles =_=

Frankly up until now I'm not exactly thrilled about DmC. It seems a fun game, and if I have money by then I'll probably buy it, but nothing beats how I felt when I first saw this:

chills me up even now I'd buy DMCHD collection since i didn't play DMC2 even though its horrible I'd still play it for the old time's sake

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
i personally think that virgil is not evil or childish he just does what he wants to but you could say it is a bit evil but thats what his plans are. people say he is driven by power and wants more maybe he does this because he feels weak but tries to hid it :)

Top Bottom