• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Well, good to see that the T-Rex nightmares are still going strong. Neat that this one changed it up by pretty much having other suspense/horror themed monsters involved--including a terminator, for some reason (no, it wasn't Arnie).

+Nearly done listening to the audio. I am both excited to see it completed and nervous. What if no one buys it? What if it's been too long since WoN was released? :unsure:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Man Google Images never fails to get me moving! (It wasn't anything bad so get your head out of the trash folks)

I'm dreading V Day coming up, not that I won't make it special for my GF but because I HATE that Holiday! I rather have Halloween back, at least that was fun.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
I remember coming up with a fan DMC character in my head years ago, just for crappy crossover fanfics that i never wrote down, and were only in my head, it was literally just me, but I was DMC1 Dante in purple, with a hood added on, and every weapon in the series. and that was supposed to be Dante's son.
Since I didn't think I could write Dante, but I could write me maybe?

What a **** ****ing character lol.
I knew it was bad, that's why I never wrote anything down.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Why do posts need approval now before they go public?
Yeah, I noticed a few of yours got caught up in the queue - if you find it's happening all the time, let me know and we'll take a look at it. But as Carlos said, we've had some seriously annoying spam issues that the usual measures were not handling so we've had to crank it up to 11 and it means occasionally members get snagged too.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Dance with me, please, because I feel like PARTY!! :woot:

For many reasons, but one of the biggest is this:
Some of you may remember that my grandma passed away last May. Her last will stated, among other things, that I shall be given a 1/9 share of her legacy. Most of her legacy consists of the selling value of her last apartment. The other heirs and I had some long-lasting troubles with selling the said apartment, thus we were really worried about ending up in debt to the owner of the building. We were all under a great pressure with the damn inheritance.
Not to even mention that some of the heirs in this case were just pure a**holes (for example, my uncle likes to make things difficult with no other reason than boosting his testosterone levels :dead: ), and the only thought that kept me sane with these people was that "you only have to cooperate this ONE time with them, after that you can tell them all to go f*ck themselves if you want to"... so I was just desperately waiting for this case to get solved and clear ASAP.

Today I was told that a preliminary agreement has been made about selling the apartment. The final trade will be made by Friday.
I can't believe that I'm FINALLY getting rid of these f*ckers and I'm even getting paid for it :D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I feel like Yusuf Gatewood would be a good Doctor Who if they ever try another American version.

He's from that show the Originals playing both Vincent and Finn. He would feel at home with the Steven Moffat speeches. Bonus points if he calls the Master "a soulless punk".

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Finished listening to the edits my narrator made and submitted for quality assurance. Now just to wait and see if it's approved by ACX for distribution. -Fingers crossed-

+I have no idea what I'll work on when I'm done this round of edits on FotS. Maybe I'll take a week or two to just submit queries for 13M. Since the hub is leaving later next week for the next two months, and all... :unsure:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Social media is probably one of the biggest traps. Because I have it and interact with people I genuinely like through it, I can't bring myself to abandon it--despite there being an overwhelming number of reasons to do so. But if social media were to outright crash, however... Well, let's just say I wouldn't be heartbroken about it. Or if it at least got as quiet as, say, Tumblr. Be a lot less stressed out about the barrage of sociopolitical issues, if that happened. Twitter, I'm looking at you. Why the hell did you have to be a better marketing platform... >.>

+I haven't gamed in a bit (well, not true. We've been playing Super Mario Kart 8 with kiddo), and I'm torn between wanting to get back into DMC5, or going back to Breath of the Wild. Both are such awesome games in their own ways, and I sure as hell don't have time for both. Guess it's up to a coin toss? ^^;

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Social media is probably one of the biggest traps. Because I have it and interact with people I genuinely like through it, I can't bring myself to abandon it--despite there being an overwhelming number of reasons to do so. But if social media were to outright crash, however... Well, let's just say I wouldn't be heartbroken about it. Or if it at least got as quiet as, say, Tumblr. Be a lot less stressed out about the barrage of sociopolitical issues, if that happened. Twitter, I'm looking at you. Why the hell did you have to be a better marketing platform... >.>

Is there anyone you can afford to block/unfollow/otherwise remove from your social sphere? That's what I've started doing with all my social media platforms. Alternately just...not going on until I have something to say. Also, might not be helpful, but having the mobile version of the platforms and putting only the people I care most about on alert seems to help. I mean, sure, not always going to be useful but still. :S -fingers crossed-
Sometimes you also just need to give yourself permission to not care about the state of the world and just focus on yourself. Yeah, the world's horrid but you can't let yourself burn out over things you have no control over. Feels bad ignoring it, yeah; but sometimes just have to say "nope, today I'm going to binge watch a show/play a game/read a book/go do a thing that makes me happy and go back to worrying about scary things tomorrow". No one is a superhero; no one person can hold the weight of the world and a million conflicts on their shoulders. Sometimes you just have to say **** it and heal yourself first. -sends hugs-

Thinking:
Seems like today is a Sims day.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Shadow It's a good idea, honestly. I've gotta stop myself from going on to them reflexively whenever I'm bored. ^^; Probably best to drop it down to going on maybe once per day, and for a fixed amount of time. That'll probably stop me from seeing a lot of the stuff that's just become beyond overwhelming. And thank you. <3 I think there's a lot of pressure to care about everything 24/7, and it's just not healthy for anyone. More reading/gaming time sounds like a win to me--especially the latter. So many unread books! O_O

CT: Speaking of books, I just learned there's going to be another Thrawn trilogy (prequels prior to him joining the Imperials) and I'm so freaking stoked! I know I've said it before, but Thrawn is an absolute favourite of mine from the Star Wars EU. Pity he never made it into the movies... *sigh*

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I like Social Media, and their positive effects, but there are losers in them that ruins them.. like the spoiled apples that fall off the tree.

I have a dream of building a successful business. Social Media does help bridge the gap between you and your first Million, and I feel I am worth more. I feel underappreciated, underutilized, and looked over... Like... my projects are growing, but you have to deal with losers who aren't going to spread the love, positivity, or say something nice.

Twitter is a great platform, but it doesn't encourage engagement and/or discovery. When it does it is only because you did an awesome 90 second video, and used hashtags. When users respond, they respond in a nasty way. They'll even do something to damage your brand for clout.

Facebook is good, but has a worse discovery issue. Search is very poor despite the site having a large database of posts, pages, profiles for you to search... like a search engine. The problem is this "search engine" isn't being used at it's best, so you're dealing with a very basic "search engine." You don't really connect with people on Facebook, honestly. It's more of a clout platform than Twitter. It's just you and your status update - people see them, but don't respond or interact. I honestly don't see engagement on Facebook. Brand pages is the best part of the site. I think that's where Facebook shines on the platform, because that's where they focus their attention on, IMHO.

Reddit is the worst Social Network or community I have ever used. It's not just the UI, it's the people, and that includes the subreddit mods and admins. I feel sorry for the co-founders of the company. Because they have the worst humans. The downvote feature only gives those losers, a weapon against new users. It's a hivemind, and so even if you uploaded a nice Triple Kill, there will still be morons who like to degrade your videos. So your videos are suppressed, and pushed down. That's why I don't like the downvote feature in Reddit. I know what it was designed for... but people on the platform are using it for nefarious purposes. The users want Reddit to be the second coming of 4chan. I do like what the team has done, when it comes to the innovations, and tech behind it all... The problem is the market. I say the same for Facebook (the technology of it all).

YouTube is a great platform. The issue is documented many times on the site itself - they are suppressing videos left and right as we speak. But it's a platform that you can easily get discovered. I love YouTube, but the company itself wants the platform to become a more commercial platform (TV).

Top Bottom