• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I am just shy of being in that "all work and no play" category. Re-watching episodes here and there is about the only relaxing thing I've got going. Fortunately, the workload should be lightening up a bit by the end of today. :dead:

Careful not to end up living to work rather than working to live. That can make you really unhappy and frustrated and it's one of my biggest fears.

Speaking of which, right now I'm following a professional course after which I'll have an interview and hopefully be hired. Their policy is working 8 hours a day with one hour of lunch break and small 10/15 mins break every 2 hours. When I told this to an online friend of mine she went "What kinda dream job is that". I was like, why would this be a "dream job"? That kind of policy just seems reasonable and humane to me. For it to be considered a dream by some people, I wonder what kind of slavery they're subjecting themselves to.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Careful not to end up living to work rather than working to live. That can make you really unhappy and frustrated and it's one of my biggest fears.

Speaking of which, right now I'm following a professional course after which I'll have an interview and hopefully be hired. Their policy is working 8 hours a day with one hour of lunch break and small 10/15 mins break every 2 hours. When I told this to an online friend of mine she went "What kinda dream job is that". I was like, why would this be a "dream job"? That kind of policy just seems reasonable and humane to me. For it to be considered a dream by some people, I wonder what kind of slavery they're subjecting themselves to.
Aside from the small breaks part, pretty much every job I've had has been like this - hour for lunch, 8 hours of work per day...I always thought this was standard unless you were like a medical professional in a hospital or an expensive lawyer.

Admittedly I take as many breaks as I want in my job because I'm voluntary...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I take breaks all the time, but I also don't get to leave the job home at the end of the day. Admittedly it's 2:08 a.m. and I'm working. I don't know if it's healthy or not sometimes.

But then I think back to some of the unpleasant experiences I've had working for other people in their workplaces and I'm pretty happy to be working at home with the only boss being me. Some of my bosses have been downright evil in the past. Turning a blind eye to some really nasty goings-on and such.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The amount of bizarre dreams I've been having is crazy. Like, "I've just spent the last three nights having dreams involving Castiel in them" crazy. And people I don't want to dream about (but Castiel can stay. I like him. He makes the rest bearable).

Like I get I've been on a bit of a bender with Supernatural (again), but what the hell? Why didn't I dream about my own characters this much when I was neck-deep in the creative process with them? When they were literally the alpha and omega from waking to sleeping? I just want to dream about my babies for once... ._.

+I'm starting to wonder if our post is behind. I know of two things that have been shipped to me 2-4 weeks ago, and neither has arrived yet--and both are coming from the States.

++I hope she finishes that, soon. I want my Phenex-inspired resin bunny. <3

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Planning a trip to Budapest with my eldest. Tell her to save X amount to cover flights and her half of the Airbnb rent.

She has put aside precisely zero.

And I know the correct response is to say she can't come but I'm too scared to go alone. So clearly the only recourse is to sneak a standing order onto her banking app and gets mah money that way.

I'm absurd.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Planning a trip to Budapest with my eldest. Tell her to save X amount to cover flights and her half of the Airbnb rent.

She has put aside precisely zero.

And I know the correct response is to say she can't come but I'm too scared to go alone. So clearly the only recourse is to sneak a standing order onto her banking app and gets mah money that way.

I'm absurd.
Budapest looks nice. I love that fairytale Gothic European architecture.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
They say the deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers, mutineers...and dentists. :bored:

Came back from the dentist after some treatment and I can't stop drooling because of the anaesthesia, like seriously I'm dehydrating because I'm losing too much saliva. :dead:

I have to go back again in just over a week. Three times in the span of one month is more than enough for a lifetime I tells ya.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Budapest looks nice. I love that fairytale Gothic European architecture.
It looks stunning, to be honest, and that's mostly what's pulled me in. That and how absurdly cheap it can be if you don't get suckered into tourist traps. All the architectural beauties are free to look at...and for £11 you can have unlimited public transport access for 72 hours.

Plus they speaky de engly which is handy because Hungarian is a biznatch to learn (for me, anyway). I've got some phrases written out phonetically so I can at least try, though - it's only polite to learn the basics, after all.

Although my pronunciation is going to be hellish...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It looks stunning, to be honest, and that's mostly what's pulled me in. That and how absurdly cheap it can be if you don't get suckered into tourist traps. All the architectural beauties are free to look at...and for £11 you can have unlimited public transport access for 72 hours.

Plus they speaky de engly which is handy because Hungarian is a biznatch to learn (for me, anyway). I've got some phrases written out phonetically so I can at least try, though - it's only polite to learn the basics, after all.

Although my pronunciation is going to be hellish...
Yeah, Hungarian looks difficult. I tried learning a bit of Czech once.... then I Czeched out. The tenses and cases reminded me of Latin and why I couldn't master that.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
After today, there's only 7 chapters left to beta read, which means I should be done no later than Friday.

It may not seem like much, but this is going to free up so much of my time once it's over and done with. Which is good, since the hub will have some time off soon before leaving for two months. ._. I'm going to need all the R&R and psychological prepping time for that that I can get.

+Considering it's going to be meatloaf for dinner... Best go with salad for lunch.

++Please, please be done with the audiobook by tomorrow. I can't wait to listen to it and get the ball rolling on distribution.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Okay, that wasn't so bad. He seems to behave better here than at home (which, I mean--isn't that pretty common?) But please, PLEASE don't let there be a strike Thursday like they're saying. I really don't feel like another social call, not when I'm just trying to get my current workload back down to manageable levels. ._.

+I kind of miss having the bob. I'm so tempted to cut my own hair, but I'm also not keen on messing it up, so... Probably will leave it to the professionals. It's not like I spend big bucks on it, anyway.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
This could be the stupidest idea or the coolest idea but the Monk should come back as a Sontaran.

On a more serious note it would be cool for a Master v Rani v Monk storyline and the Doc has to sort it all out.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
This cold can go away any day, now. ._.

+Is it bad that I'm not going to correct my narrator's pronunciation of certain things, like daemon (hint: I don't say it like demon, because WoN has those too, and they are distinctly different things) or the name of one of my minor antags? Because as it is, there's enough that's going to need fixing (editing-wise. Minor, but would be sloppy to let those through).

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I can't help but notice that an awful lot of these adverts for funeral services and the like seem to pile on around dinner time when old folk are most likely to be watching tv. :bored:

Anyways, back to clearing the house from this earwig invasion...

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I just realised at two in the morning that I had forgotten to take the money to the bank again. That's like the fifth week in a row now. Shame on me.

Why am I awake at 02:00AM you ask? That's because I'm a cool cat who doesn't go to bed until the sun rises...also there's the insomnia but don't mind that.

In other news, I've been getting back into Reggae again. Maybe if I learn a few tunes on the guitar, I could be popular with the ladies. :cool:

Top Bottom