• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
The existing wording actually really helps here - it makes the whole calculation make more sense to me.
It's also better because the wording with "table cakes" doesn't actually follow the logic of math. Hence, you might run into big trouble with equations and such with the tablecake-logic.

But what do I know. There's a reason why I applied to law school right after getting a vocational degree on laboratory technology... No need to do any math there. Except if you are working as a tax lawyer, to which I'm glad to say HELL NO.

On the other hand, I think that as a prosecutor-to-be, it might be great to be able to do some math when calculating the jail time I'm claiming for the defendant. Just to retain my credibility, you know...
"Your honor, I consider three years imprisonment for this and five years for that a fair punishment – in total 6 years"
"Excuse me miss"
The fun part is that our criminal law works pretty much like this

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Holy crap, there's an actual word for math dyslexia?! This is news to me. I'm fairly certain I suffer from it too, because I've always done poorly in math, no matter how hard I tried. It's kind of comforting to know it's an actual condition that can't be helped. I mean, I think I'm a little better at it than I have been in the past, but I still struggle. ^^;

+Age of Calamity, why do you keep spawning side quests? D: Every time I think I've done them all, another 10 pop into existence. Meh, whatevs. I love this game. <3 Seriously want BotW2 to come out soon, though.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Holy crap, there's an actual word for math dyslexia?! This is news to me. I'm fairly certain I suffer from it too, because I've always done poorly in math, no matter how hard I tried. It's kind of comforting to know it's an actual condition that can't be helped. I mean, I think I'm a little better at it than I have been in the past, but I still struggle. ^^;
I get numbers mixed up, like 12 and 21 - I also misread numbers as letters at times and vice versa. Esso (Exxon for you guys, I think?) has the first E of the name rounded, so I thought it said "3sso" for the longest time. I'm better than I was but I'm still pretty bad at maths. I'm a visual learner and maths is not helpful in that regard. I also cannot cope with questions like, "A to B is a distance of 40 miles. If a train is travelling from A to B at 30mph, it is a Tuesday, and there are three bears having a picnic in London, what time will a parrot lay an egg in the rainforests of Venus?"

My very first maths exam when I was 12 ended up with me getting 4%. 2% for writing my name and the other 2% for getting the date right.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I spotted Jacob Dudman in the background of the live action Winx Club trailer.

Dude started out doing Matt Smith impressions on YouTube. He's come a long way since then ;).

Alex McQueen also pops up. He's a British actor who popped up in many comedies. He also played the Master from Doctor Who so maybe i should watch and pick out all the Doctor Who alums?

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Welp, that's enough editing for today. Think I'll let myself just enjoy the rest of the day. I can worry about housework tomorrow.

+Been awhile since I've seen bots on here. :unsure: Wonder why they always post in bursts?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I kinda confirmed the identity of an IG stalker of mine. I should not be surprised how little sense this makes.

On the other hand, it involves a person who tried to intimidate a soon graduating lawyer, by telling the lawyer-to-be that an office secretary (without any legal degree...) that she knows has a better knowledge about our national Criminal Codex than the lawyer so.... yeah. I should definitely not be surprised.
I also was the one to teach them what is a proxy server and tried to teach them about VPN (which was beyond understanding, it seems), and they apparently don't know how Google search works, so it's a bit ridiculous they still think they'd beat me in IT skills, but well. *shrugs* I'm not the one to judge.

Am I gonna block them? Nope. My IG is public for a reason, and a stalker or two doesn't bother me. I'm not accusing anyone for looking at public websites, so...

Am I annoyed? A bit, but not on any personal level. I'm not annoyed by a person, I'm annoyed just because of my own inability to see wtf is going on here. I don't like having unsolved puzzles around me, and because this puzzle in particular just doesn't make any sense to me, it's beyond resolving.

I mean... I like philosophy, and even the Ship of Theseus is more understandable for me than a living person sometimes. It annoys me. I like to decipher stuff, and if they cannot be resolved in just one way, I want to be able to resolve things my way. Now I'm again spending an unhealthy amount of time trying to find logic where there is none, thus, I'm not having any clear idea what should I think about this. It's just beyond understanding, just like my mother – whom I should definitely not try to decipher ever again in my life once I've got rid of her.

Which brings me to the though that luckily, it's Thursday soon. I'm certain I'll be back on "I don't need to understand"-track when I get to speak up about everything.

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
The mind and heart works in mysterious ways. I sometimes go to sleep not thinking anything, but wake up from romantic, love-making, wet dreams, with my crotch still strong. My heart sometimes also pulsate. Sometimes the heart wants out. It's because someone is thinking of me. Or I am, I don't really know.

The person I dream of is at a distance, so I can't really know for sure unless I travel back, and feel the relationship out.

But I'm definitely getting feelings when I think of her, it feels sensual. The other day my heart was pumping so hard, but I don't know where it came from. Its usually with a vision, but it's not showing it, unless I go back to sleep and daydream.

It's a good feeling, but confusing sometimes. Especially when you get a dream with a bunch of odd images, so you can't figure it out.

:/

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Sometimes the heart wants out.
I've been getting this a lot lately. They call it tachycardia. My doctor told me to drink a bit less coffee.

Seriously talking tho. Go for the distance if you have a chance. I did that 8 years ago and now we're married.

---

I'm thinking I should really search for some decent example training plans to improve my jogging pace. Any recommendations?
Also, since COVID is still keeping the dojo closed, I should buy a punching bag to get the upper body workout running as well.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Seriously talking tho. Go for the distance if you have a chance. I did that 8 years ago and now we're married.
This is my confusion. When I woke up with that particular "heart wants out" pulsating feeling, I didn't see the image or vision of who gave that jolt.

I have 3 or more candidates for the title of "girlfriend" or higher. The first one is someone I've had a secret relationship with. This woman is black, and never shied away from being close. She has always allowed my PDA moves towards her, like wrapping my arms and hands on her waist/hips, and rubbing hip to hip. I don't know about you, but that is the closest you get to being boyfriend/girlfriend. No other man I've seen dating her or in relationship with has done what I did, and what she's allowed me to do. The second one is someone i loved. I mean, really... really loved. So much I would do anything for. This woman was born in Israel, basically your area. She was beautiful, smart (though everyone thinks she's stupid because blondes, but I like her kind of blonde; dirty blonde), kinky, passionate about life, enthusiastic, and more. She was everything i was looking for in a woman, but the way we left it off was her constant denial of her love, she pushed me away for whatever reason. Thing is though; she has NO idea how much I love her. I go to sleep for 10-20 years, I still see her in my dreams. It's complicated. My relationship status on Facebook is complicated because of these two, and another woman I loved, whose married. The third one was ...my boss. Beautiful woman. Beautiful. Smart. We think alike, which surprised me. Too bad I left California.

So much unfinished business.

That's where I'm at.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
This woman was born in Israel, basically your area.
Now I'm confused. Last time I checked the map, I lived pretty far away from Israel.

Still, go for it or go for someone else. Don't stay in the middle of unfinished stuff, is my advice.

----

I slept SO WELL. No nightmares. No biting my tongue. No waking up at 2am, 3am, 3:30am etc. My heart rate during sleep is still a bit high (52-60 BPM, peaking to 70 BPM) but I think I'm OK anyway.

Yesterday I gave a ranting permission for myself: 15 minutes of talking about every injustice in this world EVER to everyone who wants to hear it. Gosh, it's good for my health.

Breakfast time <3

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Now I'm confused. Last time I checked the map, I lived pretty far away from Israel.
The way I see it, EU/UK is your area, but is part of the larger Middle East. I live in United States...
Still, go for it or go for someone else. Don't stay in the middle of unfinished stuff, is my advice.
I will go for it, when I am able. Right now, I am stuck in a state I never wanted to move to. And due to the pandemic, it's not going to change. Or when my family decides to travel to California.

I'm not trying to control it, rather trying to understand the feeling or where I got it from. So I can direct that focus there.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
The way I see it, EU/UK is your area, but is part of the larger Middle East. I live in United States...

I will go for it, when I am able. Right now, I am stuck in a state I never wanted to move to. And due to the pandemic, it's not going to change. Or when my family decides to travel to California.

I'm not trying to control it, rather trying to understand the feeling or where I got it from. So I can direct that focus there.
Ah I see

Again, seriously talking: I understand the "not trying to control, rather trying to understand"-logic pretty well. After a traumatizing event in the late 2019 it got nine months for me to get into that state of mind.

For me, it deals with rather grim stuff, but anyway: I figured I should not try to control an abuser or a memory of them, I should just try to understand them. A couple of months later I got into the point where the top priority is not to understand an abuser, but to understand myself and my responses in that. Slowly I started to see in a more objective way where I did wrong and where I did right in my responses. Analyzing that led me into a massive breakthrough just a couple days ago.
It was a damn rough process, but getting through it helped me to get through the more severe traumas as well. The kind of traumas which included emotional, psychological and sexual abuse, violence, and memories of my mother literally trying to kill me.

Your problem doesn't (hopefully!) involve this kind of stuff, but the reason I shared it was that self-reflection and -understanding can be surprisingly helpful, but it requires a fair amount of time. I bet you know that already, so consider it as encouragement. Sometimes we don't realize how much unfinished stuff there is beneath our mind's surface before we figure out a way to crack it and go through it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Too many random Chinese brands on Amazon these days. None of which are of any sort of decent quality. Which is weird because the decent quality stuff is made in China anyway so you'd think there'd be some sort of consistency in production values.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Well, they're not wrong about U.S.
Again, seriously talking: I understand the "not trying to control, rather trying to understand"-logic pretty well. After a traumatizing event in the late 2019 it got nine months for me to get into that state of mind.

For me, it deals with rather grim stuff, but anyway: I figured I should not try to control an abuser or a memory of them, I should just try to understand them. A couple of months later I got into the point where the top priority is not to understand an abuser, but to understand myself and my responses in that. Slowly I started to see in a more objective way where I did wrong and where I did right in my responses. Analyzing that led me into a massive breakthrough just a couple days ago.
It was a damn rough process, but getting through it helped me to get through the more severe traumas as well. The kind of traumas which included emotional, psychological and sexual abuse, violence, and memories of my mother literally trying to kill me.

Your problem doesn't (hopefully!) involve this kind of stuff, but the reason I shared it was that self-reflection and -understanding can be surprisingly helpful, but it requires a fair amount of time. I bet you know that already, so consider it as encouragement. Sometimes we don't realize how much unfinished stuff there is beneath our mind's surface before we figure out a way to crack it and go through it.
Yes, I understand a bit. :D

Top Bottom