• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hoping to get the pre-order bagged for the Xbox blah-di-blah whatever it's called this time around...limited to Amazon only but hopefully most will be wanting the more expensive one as opposed to the all-digital that I'm going for.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Now would be a really good time to just compartmentalize. You know, that thing you've been doing most of your life? Yeah, that.

Sure, it'll pop open like one of those prank "snakes in a can" things in another few years, but just cross that bridge when you come to it.

Yay for unhealthy coping mechanisms...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
It is difficult to say this, given the global situation, but: the past 12 months have been the best year in my entire life.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not underestimating the pandemic and the torment brought by it across the globe, just speaking for myself. It's a fact that COVID hasn't affected my personal life nearly at all. It's been unjustifiably easy for me. And that's precisely why I thought I should find a way to give a share of my strength to those who have been hit hard with the pandemic. For example, comforting a person who I mentioned earlier, who lost a loved one recently... that's the kind of stuff I'd like to do, to help others where help is needed, but I don't know. I'm feeling like I'm not enough in this and I can't find a way to be enough.

The thing holding me back is that I'm still afraid of breaking my head with taking too much worries on my shoulders. I'm too used to getting depressed for no reason every damn autumn. I can't trust myself, despite that I've absolutely never felt this good for this long.

The difference between 23th September 2020 and 23th September 2019 convincingly indicates the change that has happened. I'm having 12 hour study days. They have been the risky things for my health for years, but now they don't seem like a problem, I'm just happy to complete a lot of things in one day. And when I get those things done, it's amazing how satisfying it is to turn off my phone and do whatever I want. I've never been able to get satisfaction from rest, not before this year. Always felt guilty about it. Now I feel guilty not being able to use my stability "for the greater good", and it's kind of a backfiring thought.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
You can look into getting all access from smyths in the uk @Angel

It is the payment plan for 24 months which includes 2 years of gamepass ultimate

Game uk and gamestop and argos are viable for you too

For the series s
We saw those options but the only reason we're getting one at all is because my middle son qualified for a disability grant for gaming items. However, you can only use one of three retailers and the most trustworthy of those offered is Amazon. It came with 30/40% discount on game pass ultimate for 3 months so not entirely a bad deal.

Managed to secure one straight away (the S) so happy with that result :D

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
You could do, with the recession coming up

Gamepass will save you hundreds or more financially @Demi-fiend

I'm thinking, I really have no life

When I feel this out of comfort zone when not working, feels so alien to me

Screw you covid
Coronavirus is the recession, but instead of a full-on recession, it's only impact is job listing, hiring, job creation, basically anything to do with jobs and job security (wages, wages cut, etc.) Most businesses are struggling because they simply did not save money for rainy days. Its a economy reset. For a recession to really be real, it has to show slow sales across the board. We're spending more. Not less.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I meant the recession experts are expecting to hit, as countries where lots of factories and jobs and other establishments are closing have no tax income

Have to borrow money and will have to borrow money

So they expect a major recession to hit in the next 2 years or so

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I meant the recession experts are expecting to hit, as countries where lots of factories and jobs and other establishments are closing have no tax income

Have to borrow money and will have to borrow money

So they expect a major recession to hit in the next 2 years or so
Well, those experts are stupid. The pandemic is the recession. If we DO get a recession in the next 2 years, it's going to be because of a war. Like the 2007/8 recession. I mean we were already having a soft recession during 9/11. They took down our WTC Towers, but we were still able to do business on the stock market.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Regardless, a lot of people and gamers won't have as much readily available funds if out of work

Which is why I was saying game pass is a budget friendly cost saver

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
"Read real books, not fanfics." LOL Someone...uh...someone gonna let them in on the joke? Cuz babe. Babe.

+ Stop taunting us with rain that doesn't happen, you horrible non-existent monsoon season.
I wonder how they would feel about The Mortal Instruments? ;)

Not gonna lie most fanfics are pretty bad but there a few rare gems. Occasionally you luck out like I once found the 8th harry potter book and my ideal P4 adaptation so its worth looking.

PS. I thought of a Bleach/P5 crossover with Ishida taking the place as the p5 protagonist. I gotta stop coming up with stories for games i have not played.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I wonder how they would feel about The Mortal Instruments? ;)

Not gonna lie most fanfics are pretty bad but there a few rare gems. Occasionally you luck out like I once found the 8th harry potter book and my ideal P4 adaptation so its worth looking.

They used Dante's Inferno as an example of a "real book" and then got mad when people pointed out it's a self-insert and they said it didn't count because there wasn't any smut in it. :censored: -looks pointedly at the entire genfic genre and the lack of smut there-

I mean...I disagree with the notion that the majority of fanfic is bad, but I think that also comes down to personal experience. Most of the fics I've read on sites have been good--I think I can only count out two that were beyond redemption horrible. Most of the lacklustre ones just needed more work/experience or just weren't interpretations I vibed with which made me leave. I understand that's not the case for everyone. But like...my real issue is: where does the line between fanfiction and "real books" begin and end? If fanfics are bad or lazy or not real stories or whatever, then what about derivatives that people get paid to publish? What about retellings, reimaginings, and pastiches? What about stories where it's rewritten from another character's POV? What about reboots and those people who write novels based on games or movies or comics? What about comic writers? They're all written by fans of the original source material and yet...we don't say that people are bad writers because they wrote a new version of Holmes or Alice in Wonderland or Pride and Prejudice or Shakespeare. And what about on a larger scale? If fanfiction is works based on something you love and found inspiration in, and we can all agree there's no such thing as a truly original story idea, then...what does that mean for stories that are heavily inspired by something? What if the only reason readers don't know what's inspired it is because the author covered their tracks really well? What if the author themself doesn't even realise what inspired them? Do these stories count as "original" fiction if something had such a hand in inspiring them that said thing silently, possibly-unknowingly helped cast them into being? It almost certainly comes down to personal interpretation, but I think it still is worthy of questioning. But it's like...what about the writer getting paid makes derivative or inspired-by works suddenly not fanfiction, but apparently good or real writing? Sometimes a writer gets picked up because they're marketable, not because they're good. (Thank you, publisher friend, for that horrifying thought.) Is it only fanfiction if it's not gone through a screening process? What about fic writers with editors? What about paid authors who write fanfic on the side? (Like, Neil Gaiman won a pretty high-profile award for a fanfic he wrote; one would assume that's the opposite of bad...) I just have questions and it seems like no one really wants to dig into the semantics of it or think about how weirdly blurred the defining lines of fiction get when you start looking into it.

I think I'm just gonna have to hold with Wilde that stories are well written, or badly written. Everything else is too confusing and has too many scary possibilities to consider. LOL I'm sorry it's the middle of the night and I'm physically incapable of shutting up. <3

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Oh, yay... My MIL, who didn't even have a Facebook account until July/August, was scrolling through my posts yesterday and found something I posted back in March.

Because I didn't think I had to customize the post to keep her from seeing it, considering it's been buried under months' worth of posts.

And naturally, she asked my husband about it, in which when he tried to prompt her to be more specific with her questions, she decided, "she rather not know".

Which we both know is b.s. and that I'm going to suffer a very awkward conversation when we see them for Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks. ._.

This week can end now, thanks. Please?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
They used Dante's Inferno as an example of a "real book" and then got mad when people pointed out it's a self-insert and they said it didn't count because there wasn't any smut in it. :censored: -looks pointedly at the entire genfic genre and the lack of smut there-

I mean...I disagree with the notion that the majority of fanfic is bad, but I think that also comes down to personal experience. Most of the fics I've read on sites have been good--I think I can only count out two that were beyond redemption horrible. Most of the lacklustre ones just needed more work/experience or just weren't interpretations I vibed with which made me leave. I understand that's not the case for everyone. But like...my real issue is: where does the line between fanfiction and "real books" begin and end? If fanfics are bad or lazy or not real stories or whatever, then what about derivatives that people get paid to publish? What about retellings, reimaginings, and pastiches? What about stories where it's rewritten from another character's POV? What about reboots and those people who write novels based on games or movies or comics? What about comic writers? They're all written by fans of the original source material and yet...we don't say that people are bad writers because they wrote a new version of Holmes or Alice in Wonderland or Pride and Prejudice or Shakespeare. And what about on a larger scale? If fanfiction is works based on something you love and found inspiration in, and we can all agree there's no such thing as a truly original story idea, then...what does that mean for stories that are heavily inspired by something? What if the only reason readers don't know what's inspired it is because the author covered their tracks really well? What if the author themself doesn't even realise what inspired them? Do these stories count as "original" fiction if something had such a hand in inspiring them that said thing silently, possibly-unknowingly helped cast them into being? It almost certainly comes down to personal interpretation, but I think it still is worthy of questioning. But it's like...what about the writer getting paid makes derivative or inspired-by works suddenly not fanfiction, but apparently good or real writing? Sometimes a writer gets picked up because they're marketable, not because they're good. (Thank you, publisher friend, for that horrifying thought.) Is it only fanfiction if it's not gone through a screening process? What about fic writers with editors? What about paid authors who write fanfic on the side? (Like, Neil Gaiman won a pretty high-profile award for a fanfic he wrote; one would assume that's the opposite of bad...) I just have questions and it seems like no one really wants to dig into the semantics of it or think about how weirdly blurred the defining lines of fiction get when you start looking into it.

I think I'm just gonna have to hold with Wilde that stories are well written, or badly written. Everything else is too confusing and has too many scary possibilities to consider. LOL I'm sorry it's the middle of the night and I'm physically incapable of shutting up. <3
Was it the "how sherlock became a beekeeper story?"

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Was it the "how sherlock became a beekeeper story?"

Neil Gaiman's? It was A Study in Emerald, which is a fusion of Holmes and of Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos and set in a timeline where Moriarty's the detective and Holmes is the mastermind and the world is ruled by the Great Old Ones--fish dudes, basically, and old gods. (I think it got turned into a game and a graphic novel at some point? But I know it got a Hugo award back in 2004.)

Top Bottom